Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

There are 24182 comments on the Psychology Today story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14838 Apr 19, 2013
Cia624 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking at the bad things and the bad things only then that's your fault. I fortunately know which teaching to honor and reject. There will be always be a bad side to anything in this society I always try to look at the good side of things.
The bad in the BuyBull is so overwhelmingly bad, that any slight and purely accidental good that comes from it?

Is just not worth the cost.

The bad outweighs it, you see-- there are BETTER ways to get people to behave.

Without all the negative costs...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14839 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Like being a cafeteria Christian. Sadly this doesn't work because the religious will inevitably always go to those bad scriptures as an excuse to do great injustice upon others.
It's unavoidable.
<quoted text>
Exactly-- that is the problem.

People are too frequently stupid, and take the bad to heart-- far more than they take what little good is in there.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14840 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The care is free and I did used to be much worse, I was a basket case although I wasn't psychotic at the time.
How on earth could you possibly tell (if it is good/bad)?

Seriously....!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14841 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am a hard core democrat and always have been. My father is a Republican, we are totally opposite in every way.
So you are saying that Satan is a Republican?

Well.... this is hardly news...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14842 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So news coming out on the Boston terror bombers and here's a big surprise! They are indeed Islamic terrorists from Chechnya killing in the name of Allah!
All this terrorism all this killing of innocents in the name of God. One of these two brothers is already dead he blew himself up it seems and the other is on the run like the sniveling worm he is. What do you think Muq? Will he commit suicide or face his charges like a man?
Is anyone really surprised?

Islam: the religion of suicide bombers, exporting it's violence and death all over the world.

.... ugg.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14843 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>How do you explain near death experience, they're all alike. And what happens to the energy in your body when you die? Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. When we die, we lose weight and heat. Heat is a form of energy.
Um, they are not "all alike" at all. You just ignore the ones that are of different religions or those that don't see anything. We understand NDEs completely, they're called "hallucinations," brought on by lack of oxygen to the brain. They've reproduced them in the centrifuge all the time.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14844 Apr 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
People die for a whole host of reasons.
In war, most people die for their war-buddies in the same squad or platoon-- rarely because they feel political.
In families, you will frequently see siblings die for each other or for their parents, and vice-versa. Family ties can be very strong motivators.
Sadly, in religion, you all too often see victims dying for the leaders, who sit amidst luxury-- robbing the poor, sending the foolish to their needless deaths--so that the leadership can gather even more luxury.
This is not limited to the middle east, either... you can see exactly this, here in the USA, under the guise of Genuine Christianity¬ô
How often do old people, on limited income, send dollars they can ill afford to spare, to rich con-men like Pat Robertson?
Too often.
Isaiah 56:11 "Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand; they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter..."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14845 Apr 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they are not "all alike" at all. You just ignore the ones that are of different religions or those that don't see anything. We understand NDEs completely, they're called "hallucinations," brought on by lack of oxygen to the brain. They've reproduced them in the centrifuge all the time.
It depends on whether or not you lose your spirit (breath). You can be brain dead but still breathing. And I believe they are alike and common to all humans regardless of religion.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14846 Apr 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiotic idea! God never existed. What existed is capitalism with his devastating wars! Now in the nuclear age mankind will end!
That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14847 Apr 19, 2013
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Satan is a Republican?
Well.... this is hardly news...
Satan is a rich, white, male, conservative Republican. His kind is an endangered species.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#14848 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on whether or not you lose your spirit (breath). You can be brain dead but still breathing. And I believe they are alike and common to all humans regardless of religion.
What does that have to do with the price of rice i China?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#14849 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.
So ... you're part of a Koresh like cult. Gotcha.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#14850 Apr 19, 2013
As Muq celebrates their actions and prays for their speedy ascent into heaven.
<quoted text>Is anyone really surprised?

Islam: the religion of suicide bombers, exporting it's violence and death all over the world.

.... ugg.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14851 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.
Yawn. Poe.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14852 Apr 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Poe.
It seems to be the only likely explanation-- nobody could be that batshyt insane...
Lincoln

United States

#14853 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
a bit short on proof.:-)
Don't go away
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#14854 Apr 19, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
If the boston bombers are chechnyan muslims, do you strenuously condemn such attacks?
I condemn any attack that kills innocent, unarmed men women or children.

Muslim or Not Muslim does not make any difference to me.

And this is Islamic teaching too.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#14855 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, gutless.
Still no comment from you on:-

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14856 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, also is it Islamic teaching to behead the heretics--the non-muslims.

Moreover, it's also Islamic teaching to go to war against non-muslims, whenever possible.

Your ugly religion sends mixed messages, no question of that.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#14857 Apr 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Muq

Did you read about the three men who were deported from Saudi Arabia because they were too handsome?

How long before Islamic men have to wear burkahs?

http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2013/04/sau...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama tells tribal leaders, - I hope I've done ... 6 hr doubt it 1
News Worldwide $635 Billion Gambling Market Drivers,... 7 hr Del 1
News With Miss Peregrine, Tim Burton Shows He's Stil... 7 hr Del 1
News Burke Ramsey's Lawyer Plans to Sue CBS Over Jon... Sep 22 Jolamom 8
News Gov't survey confirms slowdown in US health ins... Sep 17 Ronald 5
News We're In A Hurricane Drought? Tell That To Vict... Sep 2 Actual Science 1
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... Sep 1 WeTheSheeple 203
More from around the web