Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,198

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story
Henry

Bad Frankenhausen, Germany

#14827 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I guess you missed all the destruction, death and terror brought about from that same good teachings.
Tell your story to the 19 year old girl who had her nose and ears chopped off for running away from the man she was forced to marry at age 7.
<quoted text>
Instead crime of the religions behold science!
Henry

#14828 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
God Bless America
and watch over
the people of Boston.
God will never bless the US, he had never existed!
Henry

#14829 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Heaven is a big party and there is a lot of dancing and Rock music. "The Lord is my Rock, my strength and my song." Everybody has a guardian angel and that's what they do
Everbody has not a single angel! Angel never existed like the whole religious garbage at all!
Henry

#14830 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
God Bless America
and watch over
the people of Boston.
What an idiotic idea! God never existed. What existed is capitalism with his devastating wars! Now in the nuclear age mankind will end!
Lincoln

United States

#14831 Apr 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
God will never bless the US, he had never existed!
thanks Henry, for your opinion.

Notice the Nazi party is active again in Germany.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/c...

Hope you will not mind
if we ignore your OPINION :-)
Henry

#14832 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is some truth in all religions and I practice the truth. I am not ethnically Jewish but they come closer to my beliefs than any other established religion, I was raised Christian although my family was not religious. I do believe as Christians do, that the Messiah is God, I also believe in reincarnation as do Buddhists, Elijah, David, Gabriel, and Michael have all been reincarnated.
All religions are garbage nothing else!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#14833 Apr 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions are garbage nothing else!
HILE!!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14834 Apr 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Everbody has not a single angel! Angel never existed like the whole religious garbage at all!
How do you explain near death experience, they're all alike. And what happens to the energy in your body when you die? Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. When we die, we lose weight and heat. Heat is a form of energy.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14835 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You got what you paid for as your psychosis is clear for all to see now.
<quoted text>
I knew you were going to say that. Psalm 38:7 "For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease and there is no soundness in my flesh"

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14836 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It's not real man it's gotta be an act.
<quoted text>
Without a doubt-- now lets see if it runs away...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14837 Apr 19, 2013
Cia624 wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone kills himself over a possibly a nonexistent dream then that seems to be his fault. It's a shame how much stupid people can get to the point they would die for anything
People die for a whole host of reasons.

In war, most people die for their war-buddies in the same squad or platoon-- rarely because they feel political.

In families, you will frequently see siblings die for each other or for their parents, and vice-versa. Family ties can be very strong motivators.

Sadly, in religion, you all too often see victims dying for the leaders, who sit amidst luxury-- robbing the poor, sending the foolish to their needless deaths--so that the leadership can gather even more luxury.

This is not limited to the middle east, either... you can see exactly this, here in the USA, under the guise of Genuine Christianity™

How often do old people, on limited income, send dollars they can ill afford to spare, to rich con-men like Pat Robertson?

Too often.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14838 Apr 19, 2013
Cia624 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking at the bad things and the bad things only then that's your fault. I fortunately know which teaching to honor and reject. There will be always be a bad side to anything in this society I always try to look at the good side of things.
The bad in the BuyBull is so overwhelmingly bad, that any slight and purely accidental good that comes from it?

Is just not worth the cost.

The bad outweighs it, you see-- there are BETTER ways to get people to behave.

Without all the negative costs...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14839 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Like being a cafeteria Christian. Sadly this doesn't work because the religious will inevitably always go to those bad scriptures as an excuse to do great injustice upon others.
It's unavoidable.
<quoted text>
Exactly-- that is the problem.

People are too frequently stupid, and take the bad to heart-- far more than they take what little good is in there.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14840 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The care is free and I did used to be much worse, I was a basket case although I wasn't psychotic at the time.
How on earth could you possibly tell (if it is good/bad)?

Seriously....!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14841 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am a hard core democrat and always have been. My father is a Republican, we are totally opposite in every way.
So you are saying that Satan is a Republican?

Well.... this is hardly news...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14842 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So news coming out on the Boston terror bombers and here's a big surprise! They are indeed Islamic terrorists from Chechnya killing in the name of Allah!
All this terrorism all this killing of innocents in the name of God. One of these two brothers is already dead he blew himself up it seems and the other is on the run like the sniveling worm he is. What do you think Muq? Will he commit suicide or face his charges like a man?
Is anyone really surprised?

Islam: the religion of suicide bombers, exporting it's violence and death all over the world.

.... ugg.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14843 Apr 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>How do you explain near death experience, they're all alike. And what happens to the energy in your body when you die? Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form. When we die, we lose weight and heat. Heat is a form of energy.
Um, they are not "all alike" at all. You just ignore the ones that are of different religions or those that don't see anything. We understand NDEs completely, they're called "hallucinations," brought on by lack of oxygen to the brain. They've reproduced them in the centrifuge all the time.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14844 Apr 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
People die for a whole host of reasons.
In war, most people die for their war-buddies in the same squad or platoon-- rarely because they feel political.
In families, you will frequently see siblings die for each other or for their parents, and vice-versa. Family ties can be very strong motivators.
Sadly, in religion, you all too often see victims dying for the leaders, who sit amidst luxury-- robbing the poor, sending the foolish to their needless deaths--so that the leadership can gather even more luxury.
This is not limited to the middle east, either... you can see exactly this, here in the USA, under the guise of Genuine Christianity™
How often do old people, on limited income, send dollars they can ill afford to spare, to rich con-men like Pat Robertson?
Too often.
Isaiah 56:11 "Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand; they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter..."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14845 Apr 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, they are not "all alike" at all. You just ignore the ones that are of different religions or those that don't see anything. We understand NDEs completely, they're called "hallucinations," brought on by lack of oxygen to the brain. They've reproduced them in the centrifuge all the time.
It depends on whether or not you lose your spirit (breath). You can be brain dead but still breathing. And I believe they are alike and common to all humans regardless of religion.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14846 Apr 19, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiotic idea! God never existed. What existed is capitalism with his devastating wars! Now in the nuclear age mankind will end!
That's why we need God and why God came 29 years ago to end the cold war. There's a saying in the NT which probably comes from the old, "Except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" If the Messiah wasn't here we'd all be dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vietnam censures former chief inspector; seizes... 46 min SpongeBob 13
Medicare reduces funding to 9 O.C. hospitals 21 hr icthelite 1
KRESA considers seeking special-ed tax increase... Dec 8 Rick 1
Water woes among topics for 8 governors in Vegas Dec 6 Viewer 2
Ho Chi Minh City to host International Dance Fe... Dec 5 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 9
OPP Release Festive RIDE Campaign Results Dec 3 not too festive 1
Vietnam PM approves 9-day Lunar New Year holiday Dec 2 CAPTHUICHADRUGNGU... 12
More from around the web