Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 23,175

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13246 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not select GWB the Great?
He would be a "fantastic pope"!!
He has all the qualities to be a Pope, I do not know about Honest Smile though, but he can smile a Hypocritic grin all day!!
And being a Pope does not require too much burden, mostly ceremonial position.
Just keep of apologizing for past mistakes, till your time is up.
GWB doesn't make mistakes, he is the decider.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13247 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is a first: I actually agree with your comments, here.
:D
Dang it! Me too.
:)
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13248 Mar 11, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
Catholic church is finished!
Lincoln

United States

#13249 Mar 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I think that someone should tell you, most of we atheist, voted for Barack Obama in '08 and in 2012, and in spite of his religion, we feel that he is a decent human being, whom we still support and respect.
Of course.
My best friends are atheists.
They do not post nonsense in chat rooms about "god-bots"
Obama in 2008 and 2012.
Right On

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13251 Mar 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
My best friends are atheists.
They do not post nonsense in chat rooms about "god-bots"
Obama in 2008 and 2012.
Right On
It's funny how we actual atheist, seem to never meet another atheist, unless we happen to attend some atheist gathering (most of us never do attend), yet it seems that the godbot of topix all have the best friend or ten, who is openly atheist.

It's not that I am calling you a liar, but in more than half a century on this planet, the only atheist I have knowingly met were my immediate family. I have lived a very big, very public, service oriented life, I have met some big names and thousands upon thousands of people who are not "names" and as I said, only in my own family, and online in just the last couple of years here on topix.

So invite your best friends here, lets see how they fare with the Christains offering every kind of threat from being condemned to hell, being killed and all the way to being Satan or demon gang raped to get you right with god.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13252 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The first link was interesting-- the younger generation of British Muslims appear to be more radical than their older counterparts.
That is unfortunate, if it's indicative of a trend.
I think that Islam is still too young, and hasn't matured beyond the more base-level human activities.
Christianity went through that phase during the Dark Ages, and fortunately for the world's peace, seems to have got most of that out of it's system.
Sure, there are isolated problem areas, but mostly Christianity seems to have given up it's widespread systematic programs of torture.
Alas, Islam cannot claim the same, as yet.
The Vatican still is against abortion, celibacy, woman suppression, preservatives etc.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#13254 Mar 11, 2013
You will see that one lies about as much as Barfy.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny how we actual atheist, seem to never meet another atheist, unless we happen to attend some atheist gathering (most of us never do attend), yet it seems that the godbot of topix all have the best friend or ten, who is openly atheist.
It's not that I am calling you a liar, but in more than half a century on this planet, the only atheist I have knowingly met were my immediate family. I have lived a very big, very public, service oriented life, I have met some big names and thousands upon thousands of people who are not "names" and as I said, only in my own family, and online in just the last couple of years here on topix.
So invite your best friends here, lets see how they fare with the Christains offering every kind of threat from being condemned to hell, being killed and all the way to being Satan or demon gang raped to get you right with god.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13255 Mar 11, 2013
Keith wrote:
Get rid of evil islam and the world will be fine
Not so long as religions are doing their criminal businesses!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13256 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The first link was interesting-- the younger generation of British Muslims appear to be more radical than their older counterparts.
That is unfortunate, if it's indicative of a trend.
I think that Islam is still too young, and hasn't matured beyond the more base-level human activities.
Christianity went through that phase during the Dark Ages, and fortunately for the world's peace, seems to have got most of that out of it's system.
Sure, there are isolated problem areas, but mostly Christianity seems to have given up it's widespread systematic programs of torture.
Alas, Islam cannot claim the same, as yet.
Why don´t people realise the big danger of huge nuclear infernos? All religions are unimported against this danger!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13257 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Any system that has within it, infinite torture? Is a system of evil.
There is no getting around that: torture is evil. Period.
There is no situation-- ever-- that warrants torture.
Period.
Anytime torture is used? There is a failure somewhere-- and NOT on the part of the torture victim either.
The greatest danger is the nuclear inferno! The capitalist society are helpless against it. As far as me is concerned I am 85 of age!
Lincoln

United States

#13258 Mar 11, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The greatest danger is the nuclear inferno! The capitalist society are helpless against it. As far as me is concerned I am 85 of age!
Would not overlook Communist North Korea as the major danger, in the nuclear inferno threat, for March 2013.
..... just saying
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13259 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it is.
It's also a quite useful distraction to the unthinking sheeple such as Lincoln here.
It lets the politics be about a non-issue like religion or abortion, and so they can AVOID to 100%, the REAL problems in our government.
Such as the fact that to date, NO republican president has had any positive effect on the deficit spending--
-- in fact, the record-low deficit is still held by Clinton, followed by -- get this-- Obama.
But because of meaningless RELIGIOUS issues? We don't learn about these during the major elections...
... meh.
Imperialism especially in the US is the end of mankind
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13260 Mar 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
The Will of God not being entirely clear has been noticed before the Vatican meeting :-)
An American cardinal in Rome hinted Sunday hinted at the difficulty of deciding who should be the next pope, saying the papal conclave was a time when “the will of God is not entirely clear.”
Chicago’s archbishop, Cardinal Francis George, asked for “help and prayers” as he and 114 other cardinals prepared to enter the papal conclave to elect a successor to Pope Benedict XVI.
“I ask you for your prayer to help the Holy Spirit to be present among us to open our hearts and our minds to what is the will of God for his people throughout the world," he told reporters after saying mass at the local church assigned to him during his stay in Rome.
Sorry a "Holy Spirit" has never existed!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13261 Mar 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The first link was interesting-- the younger generation of British Muslims appear to be more radical than their older counterparts.
That is unfortunate, if it's indicative of a trend.
I think that Islam is still too young, and hasn't matured beyond the more base-level human activities.
Christianity went through that phase during the Dark Ages, and fortunately for the world's peace, seems to have got most of that out of it's system.
Sure, there are isolated problem areas, but mostly Christianity seems to have given up it's widespread systematic programs of torture.
Alas, Islam cannot claim the same, as yet.
Of course Christianity has never given up tortures at all. Even th esuppression of women is already a form of torture.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13262 Mar 11, 2013
Religion should be about peace and those participating in acts of terrorism surely can not be genuine Muslims.

If religion entails violence, it should be stopped, but I believe many religious people are peaceful and some even carry out practicing their religion within the privacy of their own home.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13263 Mar 11, 2013
So long as religion is practiced peacefully and not being forced upon non religious groups or indeed any other religious group not of the same religion, then we should not mock others for their beliefs in they are not harming anyone.

Since: Mar 13

UK

#13264 Mar 11, 2013
Athiests are idiots if you belive your here out your own power your a fool. I don't follow a religion because there all pagan anyway, so don't come with that. I read the bible and it makes more sense than anything man thought up in there heads, we didn't come from monkeys or apes that's a theroy and a lie. Show me any evidence of evolution today? People don't want to beive there's a most high god because that means you must change your ways. If anyone actualy picked up the bible and read it they would see that it has everything init law, science, what to eat, creation it even talks about ufos and atoms. Atheisim is aload of rubbish and its a new thing, before that everybody belived there was a higher power. Safe
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

#13265 Mar 11, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>GWB doesn't make mistakes, he is the decider.
Not any United States president was ever a human ones! Remember for instance the extinction of the native Indian population, the black slave trade and so on!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13266 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Athiests are idiots if you belive your here out your own power your a fool. I don't follow a religion because there all pagan anyway, so don't come with that. I read the bible and it makes more sense than anything man thought up in there heads, we didn't come from monkeys or apes that's a theroy and a lie. Show me any evidence of evolution today? People don't want to beive there's a most high god because that means you must change your ways. If anyone actualy picked up the bible and read it they would see that it has everything init law, science, what to eat, creation it even talks about ufos and atoms. Atheisim is aload of rubbish and its a new thing, before that everybody belived there was a higher power. Safe
Had this with OTT religious people before, by way of science , DNA , dinosaur fossils etc.

Can you show me one shred of evidence we were created by any kind of God?

Bear in mind the earth is not flat, scientists, astronauts , mathematicians etc have all proved to us the earth is round.

I will talk with you if you can drop the abusive tone chap.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13267 Mar 11, 2013
justme2631 wrote:
Athiests are idiots if you belive your here out your own power your a fool. I don't follow a religion because there all pagan anyway, so don't come with that. I read the bible and it makes more sense than anything man thought up in there heads, we didn't come from monkeys or apes that's a theroy and a lie. Show me any evidence of evolution today? People don't want to beive there's a most high god because that means you must change your ways. If anyone actualy picked up the bible and read it they would see that it has everything init law, science, what to eat, creation it even talks about ufos and atoms. Atheisim is aload of rubbish and its a new thing, before that everybody belived there was a higher power. Safe
I tend to believe what is proven rather than what is not, evolution is proven.

And not a single 'God' is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vietnam censures former chief inspector; seizes... 1 hr dma bac ky ha noi 2
KRESA considers seeking special-ed tax increase... Dec 8 Rick 1
Water woes among topics for 8 governors in Vegas Dec 6 Viewer 2
Ho Chi Minh City to host International Dance Fe... Dec 5 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 9
OPP Release Festive RIDE Campaign Results Dec 3 not too festive 1
Vietnam PM approves 9-day Lunar New Year holiday Dec 2 CAPTHUICHADRUGNGU... 12
Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks Nov 30 Andarz Abedini 2
More from around the web