Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
12,481 - 12,500 of 21,492 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism seems to play a smaller role in politics.
Peace.
Try to concentrate, L....
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/08/1...

Religion = superstition
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Oops! Wrong link!
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheism
And people who want peace shouldn't be support religion. It's divisive and corrosive, like all superstition

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe. Can one get elected in the USA if one isn't seen to be a 'devout christian', at least by devout christians? Atheists have beend doing that to avoid oppression for ever.
Well, there is at least one openly atheist congressman, hails from California I think.

But for the most part, if an elected official came out as atheist-- those "loving" christians would very likely lynch him sooner than later.

The history of that sad cult taught that lesson all too well.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Try to concentrate, L....
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/08/1...
Religion = superstition
That is a horrid example of no justice for the poor.

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
Oops! Wrong link!
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheism
And people who want peace shouldn't be support religion. It's divisive and corrosive, like all superstition
Indeed.

Any system that has within it, infinite torture? Is a system of evil.

There is no getting around that: torture is evil. Period.

There is no situation-- ever-- that warrants torture.

Period.

Anytime torture is used? There is a failure somewhere-- and NOT on the part of the torture victim either.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there is at least one openly atheist congressman, hails from California I think.
But for the most part, if an elected official came out as atheist-- those "loving" christians would very likely lynch him sooner than later.
The history of that sad cult taught that lesson all too well.
Hi Bob, thanks for the replies.

I'm sure reason will prevail over religion - eventually. Remember Churchill's comment?...
"[US]Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."

I thought these quite interesting. Repeated in case you missed them (and for any who might be interested)..
From 2010...
http://my.telegraph.co.uk/danielpycock/danpyc...

http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bob, thanks for the replies.
I'm sure reason will prevail over religion - eventually. Remember Churchill's comment?...
"[US]Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
I thought these quite interesting. Repeated in case you missed them (and for any who might be interested)..
From 2010...
The first link was interesting-- the younger generation of British Muslims appear to be more radical than their older counterparts.

That is unfortunate, if it's indicative of a trend.

I think that Islam is still too young, and hasn't matured beyond the more base-level human activities.

Christianity went through that phase during the Dark Ages, and fortunately for the world's peace, seems to have got most of that out of it's system.

Sure, there are isolated problem areas, but mostly Christianity seems to have given up it's widespread systematic programs of torture.

Alas, Islam cannot claim the same, as yet.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bob, thanks for the replies.
From 2010...
As for the 2nd video-- I couldn't get a good connection, I'll try again later.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>
The video's okay, but it was Jonny Eve's song "Yes, I am an atheist" that I thought might appeal...
Where it says "click on the link below to play the song".
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a humanist.
<quoted text>
My worldview is humanistic.
<quoted text>
You must be projecting.
<quoted text>
Besides Xanax?
<quoted text>
You're just now asking? You've been bashing it.
Great to have a humanistic view!
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

The Will of God not being entirely clear has been noticed before the Vatican meeting :-)

An American cardinal in Rome hinted Sunday hinted at the difficulty of deciding who should be the next pope, saying the papal conclave was a time when “the will of God is not entirely clear.”
Chicago’s archbishop, Cardinal Francis George, asked for “help and prayers” as he and 114 other cardinals prepared to enter the papal conclave to elect a successor to Pope Benedict XVI.
“I ask you for your prayer to help the Holy Spirit to be present among us to open our hearts and our minds to what is the will of God for his people throughout the world," he told reporters after saying mass at the local church assigned to him during his stay in Rome.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
The Will of God not being entirely clear has been noticed before the Vatican meeting :-)
An American cardinal in Rome hinted Sunday hinted at the difficulty of deciding who should be the next pope, saying the papal conclave was a time when “the will of God is not entirely clear.”
Chicago’s archbishop, Cardinal Francis George, asked for “help and prayers” as he and 114 other cardinals prepared to enter the papal conclave to elect a successor to Pope Benedict XVI.
“I ask you for your prayer to help the Holy Spirit to be present among us to open our hearts and our minds to what is the will of God for his people throughout the world," he told reporters after saying mass at the local church assigned to him during his stay in Rome.
Why not select GWB the Great?

He would be a "fantastic pope"!!

He has all the qualities to be a Pope, I do not know about Honest Smile though, but he can smile a Hypocritic grin all day!!

And being a Pope does not require too much burden, mostly ceremonial position.

Just keep of apologizing for past mistakes, till your time is up.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
He has all the qualities to be a Pope, I do not know about Honest Smile though, but he can smile a Hypocritic grin all day!!
Wow, this is a first: I actually agree with your comments, here.

:D

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

When will you own up to the savagery of Muslims?

By the way your king is George W. Bush's boyfriend. I hear he gets on his knees and pleases George a few times a year.

Swallows every drop.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Videos seems the last refuge of the desperate ?
Henry

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's OK. Religion can exist in a shrunken, disempowered and irrelevant form, and you won't even know its there - like the Druids. You wouldn't mind Christianity if it were like Druidism. For example, what's the Druid position on abortion or gay marriage? Me, neither, and that's exactly the point. The Christians appear to be on their way to that status, too.
This is an exciting time for unbelievers.
Not at all! The nuclear age in the capitalist world will bring the end of mankind!
Henry

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Indeed it is.
It's also a quite useful distraction to the unthinking sheeple such as Lincoln here.
It lets the politics be about a non-issue like religion or abortion, and so they can AVOID to 100%, the REAL problems in our government.
Such as the fact that to date, NO republican president has had any positive effect on the deficit spending--
-- in fact, the record-low deficit is still held by Clinton, followed by -- get this-- Obama.
But because of meaningless RELIGIOUS issues? We don't learn about these during the major elections...
... meh.
In the nuclear age the capitalist world is on the end of humanity! BTW forget this silly religions all!
Henry

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, if that was true then civilization would have never formed. Our species wouldn't have survived for millions of years, we wouldn't even have survived climbing out of the trees.
But now in the nuclear age the capitalist era have the "chance" to eradicate the human race and they are on its way to do it!
Henry

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism seems to play a smaller role in politics.
Peace.
It is capitalism in this society which in the nuclear age is the end of men! Religion? Does not play any role anyway!
Henry

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Now try to come up with evidence on President Washington.
You made the statements :-)
List some books you have read?
Quantum-bot :-)
Books? For instance: Karl Marx "Kapital", Lenin "Imperialism the highest state of capitalism". Now about the nuclear catastroph of Fukushima and so on! Mankind is on its way of its deadly course!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whoops! 9 Times Harry Reid Said 'The Wrong Thing ' Aug 24 the Light 6
State governments may be expanding wealth gap Aug 23 Coal 16
Ashland business leader faces 9 sex charges (Sep '13) Aug 20 next generation 4
RedlandsREDLANDS: Donor pledges $2,500 to K-9 p... Aug 17 OMG 1
Protests and looting return to Ferguson overnight Aug 17 Here Is One 2
Young-Rego engagement (Nov '09) Aug 14 dan basnight 2
Mansfield budget expands, tax rate doesn't Aug 13 Robert 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000