Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
12,021 - 12,040 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What more secular historical records you need when in less than 25 years of his death, Muslims tore down the Two Great Super powers of the time, Persian and Byzantine!1
Read the Decline and Fall of Roman Empire by Edward Gibbons....may be he was bribed by Muslims to write down history of that period.

How idiotic can some people get, I did not realized until I started visiting these threads!!
Nor did I!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yeah I know Karl Marx is recent so people remember his name.
After a couple of centuries, you have to search him in old books
So many "Karl Marx s" have come and perished in past 3000 years.
Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.
I know how you are "hurt" by the permanent nature of their position.
You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
The majority is wrong more often than correct, thus your bandwagon fallacy makes your religious nonsense look more dangerous than anyone has asserted. Do you really want to pull the "millions of people thought it was a good idea" card?
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

How can you have a war against an abstract concept? What's next, the war against clutter?

-Mark Thomas
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Point taken. I was just throwing some ideas around. This is just a personal view, bt I still think the "war on terror" doesnt add up. Something is very fishy about it.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your vadge hurting from where your fellow Muslims mutilated it when you were an infant?
<quoted text>
The sexual mutilation of males is done when they are newly born infants. The much more extensive sexual mutilation of females is usually done between the ages of 5 and 12. It seems that the male child is protected from this memory, while the girl child has the horror scalded into her mind forever.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What more secular historical records you need when in less than 25 years of his death, Muslims tore down the Two Great Super powers of the time, Persian and Byzantine!1
Read the Decline and Fall of Roman Empire by Edward Gibbons....may be he was bribed by Muslims to write down history of that period.
How idiotic can some people get, I did not realized until I started visiting these threads!!
Well, then you should be thrilled that so many of us, have corrected your mistakes and pointed out the damned idiocy of your inhuman religion and it's dodgy gratification centered prophet.

Thighing babies? It is obvious, that is so wrong, that its like you people have no concept of what right or wrong even means. Hint: Reconsider everything that came from your filthy user prophet.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
How can you have a war against an abstract concept? What's next, the war against clutter?
-Mark Thomas
<quoted text>
I have been fighting that one for years.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

That whole region and culture with their dark god is notorious for that. I did it interesting that the world's largest religions originate in the most barbaric, brutal area on earth and it maintains that savage nature in it's teachings. Horrible how even little girls are treated.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The sexual mutilation of males is done when they are newly born infants. The much more extensive sexual mutilation of females is usually done between the ages of 5 and 12. It seems that the male child is protected from this memory, while the girl child has the horror scalded into her mind forever.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Muslim barbarians, not Muhammad. Sorry that is not proof for Muhammad. More likely the whole thing was made up to encourage the blood thirsty warriors on the front line to keep fighting.

Again for all of Muhammad's conquering, something that would be documented and noticed we see nothing outside the Quran.

And I notice you are very proud of Muslim war conquests of other people. Killing non believers brings you great joy yes?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry

Lichtentanne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Religion will cease to exist sometime in the 21st century.
Perhaps in the public but not in the private!
Henry

Lichtentanne, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a lack of belief in god.
Your congregation of lying theist pieces of sh*t cannot change the definition of atheism as much as you may try and fail to do so.
We will never follow your immoral lying ways.
Atheism is defeating any mythical religions, except nuclear inferno extinguish humanity!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What more secular historical records you need when in less than 25 years of his death, Muslims tore down the Two Great Super powers of the time, Persian and Byzantine!
We need the usual, historical proof as required for any other figure...
http://www.opendemocracy.net/faith-europe_isl...
"It is notoriously difficult to know anything for sure about the founder of a world religion. Just as one shrine after the other obliterates the contours of the localities in which he was active, so one doctrine after another reshapes him as a figure for veneration and imitation for a vast number of people in times and places that he never knew."
And Mohammed didn't personally found the religion. The religious theology developed after his death. Islam is apparently based on a historical figure and probably some sort of war-leader.

The Jesus depicted in the Bible was possibly something of a composite figure. Even less seems to be known for sure about the Quran's version of Mohammed. The original sources we have on them were generally created long after these figures died. Neither figure seems to have been as important during their lifetimes as their political uses were after their deaths.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I may have done at some stage. Like many historians who refer to famous religious prophets like Jesus and Mohammed, he often referred to what people of the time believed to be true, whether their belief was correct or entirely erroneous.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps so idiotic that these points have never occurred to them?
Perhaps so idiotic that they are confident that they now know essentially what these figures said during their lifetimes,(as opposed to modern theological dogma on the subject)?
Perhaps so idiotic that they think not a single word has been changed in the Quran since the 7th Century?
Perhaps even so idiotic that they seriously believe someone like Jesus or Mohammed were sent to Earth as messengers from an Abrahamic god(s)?
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts seem a little contradictory...
<quoted text>Sounds a horrible society and free enough only as long as you keep quiet and hold no political opinion. Try holding a rally.
Saudi Arabia is no democracy, it is more or less the earthen hell for women. The oil empire is only a paradise for the royal hierarchy. They rule with terror for the poor one.
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I entirely disagree.
To suggest that Islamic Banks are more honest or better run than Western ones is simply wrong. Their banking system avoiods usury in a different way, that's all.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/usury
Usury is only a matter of excessive or illegal interest, nothing more.
The interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan have nothing to do with the banking systems of West and those which are thought (correctly or not) to be 'Sharia compliant'.(I doubt if Iraq even had a Sharia compliant banking system!)
Whether one believes in Sharia law or not, usury is equally wrong in either system.
Forget any religions, they are backward in every way. 50% of the population are subdued second class women. This is middle age in our time! In the nuclear age this means very backward conditions. Capitalism is responsible for this society. All religions are just responsible for this stone age conditions!
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
The commissar speaks!
It must be true!
BECAUSE HE SAID SO!
Is it an islamic "commissar"??
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
<quoted text>
Laughable, your socalled queen is appearantly a vice god on earth? Get rid of this stone age rest! All religions are hostile to mankind!
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Thinking wrote:
When will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
<quoted text>
Why should I be "hurt"? Iam rather amused, thats all!
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it an islamic "commissar"??
No its a dropkick called Skeptic, a God hating marxist
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yeah I know Karl Marx is recent so people remember his name.
After a couple of centuries, you have to search him in old books
So many "Karl Marx s" have come and perished in past 3000 years.
Yet Moses, jesus and Prophet Mohammad are honored by Billions and Millions of people after all these centuries.
I know how you are "hurt" by the permanent nature of their position.
You can pass your "subjective comments" and they have little value, neither here nor there.
Millions or billions are forced to have little or no education. The more they get educated, the little are they honoring such Moses, jesus or mohammed. They go over to science and Karl Marx is a modern man!
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Any religions are poison!
Henry

Lugau, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
We did not magically appear in time and space by accident. We have a divine source. We are spiritual beings expressing as humans. We are not born blank slates, we bring a history with us.
People are natural beings no more no less!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••