Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Psychology Today 22,919

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11866 Feb 1, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I repeat >>>> "So basically you have no response to the post, but you are willing to act like a even bigger dipshit because (I responded in kind to yours?*)

Anger is not my way, but please understand that when and if I ever have any anger, I will be the one to decide where to guide it to.

Reach for it, whatever you've got, bring it and I will still treat you like a specimen** to either be examined, or maybe even mocked. "

##########

* Do you not understand response in kind? It wasn't until after your nasty barb aimed at me, that I chose to lob one back at you.... Dipshit!

** Whether you are treated as a specimen or not is my choice to make, not yours
Whether I choose to believe in a living God or not is my choice not yours. Get your foul ass on up out my face, you fucking arrogant bitch. I ain't the one. I can respect your differing opinions of what is real or not real, but I have had enough of YOU. As an individual. You spew hate from your lips like spittle dripping from the tongue. You reek of negativity and hate. I have NO time for such bullshit. Shoo shoo and stuff already.

Location hidden

#11867 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>How much respect do you have for the Vodun priestess, or the Satanist? How much respect does your religion, your god or even yourself, have for someone who is not going to be conscripted into your zombie vampirism cannibalistic mind freak lunacy?

You god would make parents eat their children and you want respect for your beliefs? How about derision and mockery? They are so much more appropriate to what you loons have earned, and yeah, since you are one, you get the same branding all of them do. Flat out if you don't know what you are advocating, you should learn it. And if you do know, then you flat out are a demented nutcase.
Enjoy being reported, bitch. Cuss me out one more time. I'll report your disrespectful, foul, hateful, narcissistic, no manners having ass again. I ain't the one.

Location hidden

#11868 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>How much respect do you have for the Vodun priestess, or the Satanist? How much respect does your religion, your god or even yourself, have for someone who is not going to be conscripted into your zombie vampirism cannibalistic mind freak lunacy?

You god would make parents eat their children and you want respect for your beliefs? How about derision and mockery? They are so much more appropriate to what you loons have earned, and yeah, since you are one, you get the same branding all of them do. Flat out if you don't know what you are advocating, you should learn it. And if you do know, then you flat out are a demented nutcase.
You forgot something:

It seems that most atheists are so narcissistic that they would have a very difficult time believing in anything greater than themselves. They rely a lot on intellect, which is definitely a less risky approach to life. To see the beauty of a sunset, or the miracle of a child being born, or the amazing transformation when one experiences unconditional love, and to still believe that life begins and ends with only human beings and no divinity seems utterly ridiculous. Most atheists seem to live on intellectual high ground that makes them appear to be superior to those of us who dare to have some belief system other than science. It seems that they get their kicks out of belittling those who have faith in God. To tout that faith and logic cannot coexist is short sighted. Basing your life only on hard facts and evidence leaves out a whole other dimension to life which includes intuition, spirituality, and the energy that exists between all living things. The unbelief of an atheist doesn't prove anything about the existence of God, it just proves the small mindedness of humans.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11869 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether I choose to believe in a living God or not is my choice not yours. Get your foul ass on up out my face, you fucking arrogant bitch. I ain't the one. I can respect your differing opinions of what is real or not real, but I have had enough of YOU. As an individual. You spew hate from your lips like spittle dripping from the tongue. You reek of negativity and hate. I have NO time for such bullshit. Shoo shoo and stuff already.
You're also free to not believe in gravity, but it will keep you here on earth regardless.

It really doesn't matter what you believe. What matters is whether you lie to people about science and reality or not.

The fact is that you don't believe in the fact of evolution which means you don't really understand much about why you are here anyway.

We'll leave you to your mental illness and you leave us to handle reality.

Location hidden

#11870 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot something:
It seems that most atheists are so narcissistic that they would have a very difficult time believing in anything greater than themselves. They rely a lot on intellect, which is definitely a less risky approach to life. To see the beauty of a sunset, or the miracle of a child being born, or the amazing transformation when one experiences unconditional love, and to still believe that life begins and ends with only human beings and no divinity seems utterly ridiculous. Most atheists seem to live on intellectual high ground that makes them appear to be superior to those of us who dare to have some belief system other than science. It seems that they get their kicks out of belittling those who have faith in God. To tout that faith and logic cannot coexist is short sighted. Basing your life only on hard facts and evidence leaves out a whole other dimension to life which includes intuition, spirituality, and the energy that exists between all living things. The unbelief of an atheist doesn't prove anything about the existence of God, it just proves the small mindedness of humans.
I'm sorry that you are frustrated at atheists for not believing in your imagination. But it is not our fault. It is the fault of your inability to reason or accept evidence that goes against your mental illness.

You should see a doctor instead of taking your hatred out on atheists, who will never believe in your made up god.

Location hidden

#11871 Feb 2, 2013
Its funny how quickly justsayin forgets that no single christian has ever correct the bible for its statement that all atheists are fools and abominable people.

You guys love to play victim and act hurt, but the reality is that your book is deeply prejudiced against atheists and you follow it blindly like a infantile whiny sheep.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#11872 Feb 2, 2013
Replying to my post page 556:
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I assumed that it was a Anglicism related to a historical dispute - like Dutch treat.
Yes, Condell's style is quite aggressive. He also made a video criticizing those who want him to lighten up. It might offend you. From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I5cXWElb-GEXX :
"there was plenty of negative feedback as well from the usual religious nut jobs, but also from some atheists who have told me that they think I'm giving atheism a bad name. Yeah right. Like it ever had a good name. I've been told things like my arguments are too crude, I'm damaging the atheist cause, I'm not contributing to the debate, and my personal favorite: "You won't convert anyone to atheism by insulting people.
[snip]
"I don't think this is a matter for polite debate, especially when all you're going to get is the usual raft of glibly held but unexamined certainties hammered home like coffin nails at every opportunity. Because dogma is blind and deaf to anything that reason has to offer. Faith is non-negotiable, so where exactly is the debate? You obey the rules of reason; religion ignores them ...
"Religion is out of control right now precisely because too many people have been too diplomatic for too long. If we'd had the balls to do some straight talking years ago when we should have and put this insulting nonsense in its rightful place with astrology and palmistry, we wouldn't even be talking about this now. We'd be doing something more useful with our time. What a waste of an enlightenment."
Pat Condell's negative comment on Dutch law-courts (not necessarily just that one ruling) apparently refers to Geert Wilders...
http://dotsub.com/view/fdb12aea-4724-4190-b1f...
Quote Pat C:“The truth is sometimes offensive. There is no doubt about that”.
The truth is never offensive. The way of expressing or communicating it can be. This is the difference between my approach and Pat's. He does go on and tends make people feel personally under attack instead of just their ideals, ideas, principles, beliefs or actions.

From Wiki:
On 23 June 2011, Wilders was acquitted of all charges, with Judge Marcel van Oosten noting that his statements, although "gross and denigrating," had not given rise to hatred against Muslims, and as such were "acceptable within the context of public debate." Van Oosten also said, however, that Wilders's statements were on the edge of legal acceptability
Unquote.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#11873 Feb 2, 2013
I said Muslims love Jesus and thy certainly believe in him and deeply love him. They would certainly claim they are properly serving him. Learn to read and you won't fail as much.

Again you can live in the chains of superstition and delusion all you wish just as the crazy old homeless man ranting about demonic armies forming in the alley.

Yes you can't prove your god because deep down you know he is just a figment of the imagination. Nothing more.

Again you stomp your feet and scream, here is my zero proof assertion prove it doesn't exist!! So childish just so childish. Adults with an average IQ would be ashamed to use such an argument.

Again sorry but you stamping your feet on a zero proof, zero evidence warm fuzzy personal feeling is not equal to my solid facts reality no matter how you wail with tears rolling down your red face.

You have feelings and opinion, I have facts. They are not equal in the realm of debate as any reasonably intelligent person would know.

Sorry but it is true and you know it.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims don't serve Christ. They serve Muhammad. Who's delusional? Why is it so important to you that I prove my God to you? Does it affect you any? No. It's personal. I cannot factually prove that God exists anymore than you can factually prove that He doesn't exist. All either of us can do is offer up evidence supporting our belief. Does that make me delusional because I choose to believe in a God you can't factually prove isn't real? No more than you are.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#11874 Feb 2, 2013
Well said! And may I also say that why should anyone have to disprove what is merely an unproven personal delusion like god?
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you are frustrated at atheists for not believing in your imagination. But it is not our fault. It is the fault of your inability to reason or accept evidence that goes against your mental illness.
You should see a doctor instead of taking your hatred out on atheists, who will never believe in your made up god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#11875 Feb 2, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
What happened in Salem was an isolated event. It was not common practice among the religious in all of colonial America.
This is an argument - that they didn't do it too much? I don't think Dahmer has people for dinner that often, either.

And it was hardly an isolated incident. History is rife with Christian sadism.
insidesecrets wrote:
Not too long ago, Americans supported racial persecution and segregation not only privately but politically. Would you consider that an example of the "utter" moral collaspe of a secular society?
That was a moral failure - a black eye for America, especially the American South.

If you want others to value your church, it has to outperfom the alternatives. Isn't that what you were implying that it could do when you posted that ...

"the atrocities of godless communist regimes where millions of people were mainmed and killed. The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of only fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined! The historical record of collective atheism is thousands of times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous bloodbath, the Spanish Inquisition"
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Weren't you warning us of the moral turpitude of atheism so that we might value your church more? The slavers were Christians. What use is such a religion if we can do as well or as badly without it?

Fennario

#11876 Feb 2, 2013
To 01Justsayin
Anger is not my way, but please understand that when and if I ever have any anger, I will be the one to decide where to guide it to.
This is becoming a recurring theme. This poster lobs personal jabs, then deals with the fallout just like she did with you - as if your reaction was unprovoked or unmeasured. Look at this from another thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#11877 Feb 2, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
Those components you call poisons often act as catalysts and buffers in the body. Removing them creates its own set of problems.
You know nothing about chemistry or biology, much less biochemistry, that is evident. Things are not labeled as poison because they're good for you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11878 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot something:
We believe in stars. Well, of course we can see those, test them, verify that they exist. But we do believe they exist, and they are far greater than anything on Earth. Some are so massive, they're billions of times larger than the Earth.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#11879 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post also reeks of negativity and hate. How do you justify such hypocrisy?

Fennario

#11880 Feb 2, 2013
EdSed wrote:
Replying to my post page 556:
<quoted text>
Pat Condell's negative comment on Dutch law-courts (not necessarily just that one ruling) apparently refers to Geert Wilders...
http://dotsub.com/view/fdb12aea-4724-4190-b1f...
Quote Pat C:“The truth is sometimes offensive. There is no doubt about that”.
The truth is never offensive. The way of expressing or communicating it can be. This is the difference between my approach and Pat's. He does go on and tends make people feel personally under attack instead of just their ideals, ideas, principles, beliefs or actions.
From Wiki:
On 23 June 2011, Wilders was acquitted of all charges, with Judge Marcel van Oosten noting that his statements, although "gross and denigrating," had not given rise to hatred against Muslims, and as such were "acceptable within the context of public debate." Van Oosten also said, however, that Wilders's statements were on the edge of legal acceptability
Unquote.
OK. Condell's contempt for faith, religion and the church resonates with with me.

But I like your approach as well. I think there's room for both.

Location hidden

#11881 Feb 2, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Your post also reeks of negativity and hate. How do you justify such hypocrisy?
How do YOU justify hypocrisy?

Fennario

#11882 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
It's not an assumption to ask you what gives you the right to condemn someone else's beliefs. It's a question. Being human does not give you the right. Or else we wouldn't teach the necessity of respect to our children.
We condemn the belief. If you hold it and advocate for it, we are critical of that choice. There is no reason to respect any faith based opinion or religion. But that is never an issue when it is held privately, is it?

Advocacy is more than belief, and anybody that advocates for an idea is at risk of being criticized for it, especially in an anonymous Internet forum.

If you're going to dangle your religious beliefs out there like a piñata before people that you know don't think much of them, you can't expect them to be smacked.

You'll find that most of us have heard more than we want to know already, and aren't too curious to hear about your religion. You said that you were curious about some of ours.

But what I got is that what you actually want is to express yours, and you expect to be respected when you do. Sorry. There are many reasons why that's not possible, such as that the Christian church is not respectable. Nor is promoting it, which you do when you argue for its god or bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11883 Feb 2, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How do YOU justify hypocrisy?
He has none to justify.
Henry

Zwickau, Germany

#11885 Feb 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about chemistry or biology, much less biochemistry, that is evident. Things are not labeled as poison because they're good for you.
Science is of course hostile to all religions! Religions are not the least to do with science.It is ludicrious to science keepbound with religions!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#11886 Feb 2, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened in Salem was an isolated event. It was not common practice among the religious in all of colonial America. Not too long ago, Americans supported racial persecution and segregation not only privately but politically. Would you consider that an example of the "utter" moral collaspe of a secular society?
Consider the enormous amount of evidence there is to support the notion that there really were witches in Salem:

The governor of Massachusetts (William Phips) was involved. A court was established with the prosecution, defence and judge; all respected pillars of the local communities.

Thorough investigations were carried out and witness were cross-examined. A lot of evidence was gathered and many people confessed. All these proceedings were documented with hundreds of sworn affidavits, interviews and other court documents.

In other words a scale of evidence and testimonies far in excess of anything there is for Jesus.

The Salem Witch Trials were fairly recent and we have the original documents, not copies of copies of copies, made centuries later. We have the sworn and signed eye-witness testimonies from the very people who observed the magical events taking place.

There are even volumes written by witnesses to the trial. The evidence is plentiful.

If you look at what happened in 17th century Salem the same way that you look at what happened in 2000-year old Jerusalem, how can those people not have been witches?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15 rioters sentenced in southern Vietnam 1 hr NGUCAPANUSRAGMINT... 3
Deadly drugs for the taking (Jan '11) Sep 28 BUILDING SEVEN 8
Major child porn bust Sep 26 Medewiwin 1
President Vladimir Putin is seen as Russia's hi... Sep 25 PUTIN a NAZI PIG 1
Springdale among the fastest growing cities in ... Sep 25 jose 1
Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Res... (Feb '10) Sep 23 Deborah 31
U.S. government openly admits vaccines are seri... Sep 22 GARDASIL MAIMS KILLS 1

9 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE