Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
9,081 - 9,100 of 21,381 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like circular reasoning.
The QUran tells us it is the word of Allah. The word of Allah is perfect. Therefore the Quran is perfect. There the Quran is the word of ALlah. And so on.
A implies B which implies A, etc.
Exactly the same as god and the bible.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

jacktheladat1 wrote:
<quoted text>I do not recall ever believing in something I can NOT see, smell, touch, taste or hear. I have always sort LOGIC from a very early age - nuf said!
Excellent! I was much the same way.

However, my mother insisted that I go to church and in that respect I suspended logic for the sake of being a 'good girl'. Pity, but that's life. There's nothing like going to church for a few decades to really seal the deal on nontheistic principles for sanity's sake.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Did mohammed also cut the pissflaps off his holy she camel, or was she a bit too old for his taste?
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey tell us about the holy she camel of Allah.
<quoted text>
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

More muslim special ham to scroll through without reading.
MUQ wrote:
4. When prophet called all clans of Makkah near hillocks of SAFA and told them about message of Islam, this ABU LAHAB spoke before every one “Woe be to you! Is that why you called us and wasted our time”. There upon was revealed chapter 111 of Quran, which was named after him and it goes like this:
“Perish the hands of ABU LAHAB! Perish he! No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains”
“Burnt soon will be in a fire of blazing flame! His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood as Fuel”
“A twisted rope of palm tree fiber round her (own) neck (111:1-5)
This chapter shall be recited thru out the world till the last day by millions of Muslim to confirm his loss.
5. Whenever prophet used to visit any assembly or tent of people from outside Makkah, during Hajj or other gathering, ABU LAHAB used to follow the prophet and used to announce at his back, this is a mad man do not listen to him. Many people got confused and said “when his own uncle says this, why should we listen to him” Therefore he was instrumental in stopping many people from listening to the message of Islam thru the lips of prophet.
6. When Makkah people boycotted prophet for three years, and whole clan of Abdul MUTTALIB was included in the boycott, this ABU LAHAB remained outside and did not join with his clan .He also opposed the end of boycott.
Such was the enmity and hatred of Prophet and Islam in the heart of this bitterest of all enemies of Islam….that was the situation when prophet had to fled Makkah and took shelter in Madina.
How the Quranic prophesy was fulfilled:
It is strange to see how the Quranic prophesy about ABU LAHAB was fulfilled in its minutest details. Let us consider some of them relating to this world (what he will face in the Hereafter is known to Allah only).
1. He saw the message of Islam growing at a slow place despite his utmost opposition, Every new Muslim was like a thorn pierced into his heart. So he had to bear these daily thorns!
2. His eldest son, who had spat at the face of prophet, was devoured by a Wild beast while he was going with a Trade Caravan a few weeks after doing this dastardly act. Prophet had prayed to Allah to put some Dog of His dogs upon that ungrateful person.
3. His daughter accepted Islam before his eyes and some of his other close relatives also. He could do nothing but watch in insolence. His two remaining sons accepted Islam at the time of Conquest of Makkah and remained devout Muslims till the end of their ;oves.
4. In the second year of Prophet’s migration, the famous battle of Badr took place. ABU LAHAB did not take part in the battle, because he was sick. But the loss of Badr, when most of chiefs of Makkah were either slain in the battle field or were taken captives, broke his heart.
5. He took to himself and soon was struck with the plague, and died a few days later. Due to contagious nature of disease, every one was afraid to go near him and touch him for burial. They left him in that condition, till bad smell filled his house and whole vicinity. Ultimately his sons, paid some money to black slaves in Makkah, who demolished the house on his body….making some type of grave.
5A. His wife met a strange death due to strangulation, when a load of burning wood she was carrying on her head and used a rope to tie it, slipped and the rope tightened around her neck and she died of suffocation and strangulation. A Divine punishment worthy of a rabid Islam and Prophet hater!
6. That was his total loss in this world….no one takes his name , except as mentioned in Quran. The name of prophet whom he hated beyond every thing is taken with reverence by billions of people.
Such was the strange story of ABU LAHAB, the bitterest enemy of prophet, who had to pick up the “Sword of rejection and ridicules” from the Prophet ignoring all other “Beautiful Swords that he possessed”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent! I was much the same way.
However, my mother insisted that I go to church and in that respect I suspended logic for the sake of being a 'good girl'. Pity, but that's life. There's nothing like going to church for a few decades to really seal the deal on nontheistic principles for sanity's sake.
Very sad but none-the-less true, is the fact that MY parents along with most parents in the neighbourhood, sent their kids to Sunday School to get a little peace & quiet. This was owing to another fact in that, then, relatively large families were the norm, and peace & quiet were a rare scenario. My forced 'worship' also added reinforcement to my none-believe stance.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly the same as god and the bible.
Agree totally. The Christians are always saying:
The Bible tells us it is the word of God. The word of God is perfect. So the Bible is perfect. Therefore the Bible is the word of God. And so on.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Muq "The name of prophet whom he hated beyond every thing is taken with reverence by billions of people."

Really? I thought most non Muslims have a low opinion of Muhammed.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq you believe in a magical she camel as is stated in the Quran why won't you speak about her? It seems the teachings of the Quran in this case embarrass you.
Same goes for the flying donkey :D
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Absolutely, mohammed hasn't got any fluffy side, unlike the jesus story.
Adam wrote:
Muq "The name of prophet whom he hated beyond every thing is taken with reverence by billions of people."
Really? I thought most non Muslims have a low opinion of Muhammed.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

She was the head angel of Allah so he most likely left her vadge alone.
Thinking wrote:
Did mohammed also cut the pissflaps off his holy she camel, or was she a bit too old for his taste?
<quoted text>
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

The holy she camel gave mohammed head? He wasn't fussy, was he?
Givemeliberty wrote:
She was the head angel of Allah so he most likely left her vadge alone.
<quoted text>

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree totally. The Christians are always saying:
The Bible tells us it is the word of God. The word of God is perfect. So the Bible is perfect. Therefore the Bible is the word of God. And so on.
I'm a Christian and I'm willing to admit that the Bible isn't perfect. I've found a few mistranslations.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

jesus supported slavery. That's not a mistranslation.
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Christian and I'm willing to admit that the Bible isn't perfect. I've found a few mistranslations.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

nope, will always declare myself as a christian.
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Start the reactor.
douglasquaid wrote:
nope, will always declare myself as a christian.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Muq should answer. Maybe the 72 virgins they get in heaven are she camels?
Thinking wrote:
The holy she camel gave mohammed head? He wasn't fussy, was he?
<quoted text>
Thinking

Zeals, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

The whole issue with the 72 virgins thing, is being muslim virgins, they'll come with 72 murderous brothers, fathers and uncles that can't wait to honour kill the martyr the second he touches their darling bag headed bimbo.

Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq should answer. Maybe the 72 virgins they get in heaven are she camels?
<quoted text>

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I never noticed. My boys never mentioned it.
I have never heard about that either.
There must be a 1/3 of men on earth who must be loosing out, according to you! LOL
Duh, how could you notice, or how could your sons, did you have parts of their bodies removed? You have already long ago lost the chance to ever know. Cut off your eyelids and see if your eye balls get less sensitive after a decade or two.

Do you know how sensitive a clitoris can be? It should be the exact same for the penis. If it isn't because of a non voluntary psychical mutilation, then you were robbed. The genital tissue in a developing fetus is the same for both the male and female. During fetal development the changes in those genital tissues are how we will visually decide if that child is a male or a female.

Think penis/clitoris, ovaries/testes, scrotal sac/labia, vas deferens/fallopian tubes. The outward appearance is how we say who our children are, and we are not always right, in judging only by what we can see. The fetus which begins as female, may become male during the very early stages of pregnancy.

Even after the child is born, the development continues, do you know that the testes drop from inside the body cavity of a male child, well after he has left the womb?

And by the way, yes those men are losing out, but then so are many women. In some cultures, the female mutilation is vastly different from that of the male. For her the clitoris is cut out, usually without anesthesia, the labia are removed and the vagina sewed shut. It is usually a life threatening trauma. This usually happens between 5 and 12 years old, and most likely she already knows how wonderful this part of her is.

Now she is made even less sensitive than the male who has been himself mutilated, these practices come only from people who are determined to control the sexuality of other humans.

Why were you born with parts that would need removal? Do you see a foreskin as like the sixth toe, or maybe an extra ear. Does the female clitoris seem that way, to you? If you are willing to mutilate one child, why not the other?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
This is getting even more bizarre by the minute!!
Do you know what you are talking about? I don't think so, so I suggest you read this:
Circumcision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
You will learn that circumcision is the partial removal of the foreskin. It is supposed to leave the gland intact!
Also, you think that only Muslims get circumcised? Don't you know that up to 1/3 of the male population WORLDWIDE is circumcised? I don't think there is any proof of inability to enjoy a normal sex life!! LMFAO
It is not an inability, but a lessened ability to enjoy sex. The clergy finds you easier to control then.

Google how many women are circumcised.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Adam wrote:

I realise you think the Quran is a masterpiece. But to those outside of the Muslim bubble, your claims are absurd. Many of the stories are simply a retelling of stories from the Bible.

You say that the whole of humanity cannot write a surah like from the Quran. I would say any fool could make up nonsense, and retell made up stories.

MuQ: "That is why in Quran it is mentioned that it "Confirms the scripture which came before it and acts as their "protector""

MUQ: "And on the other hand Quran "rejects" outright most of the "scandalous" stories that we see in Bible about Prophets of God. NONE of them is either mentioned and / or confirmed in Quran."

I disagree. The Quran confirms the Sharia type law of the OT. All those barbaric laws of Moses are confirmed in the Quran. That is why Islamic law includes stoning people to death and other primitive punishments.

The most scandalous story in the Quran is hell. This imaginary place is borrowed from christians. No compassionate entity would tolerate the existence of an eternal place of torture. Simply disgusting.
Ans.

The salient point in your post are:

A. Quran is no master piece of Arabic Literature:

B. Quran only “copies” stories from Bible.

C. How Quran “confirms and protects” scriptures came before it.

D. Quran “borrows” from Barbaric Laws of Moses:

E. Concept of Hell is most disgusting;

Any one can see that all these points are based on very superficial knowledge of Quran and Bible. I will provide short answers to all these points.

A. Quran is no master piece of Arabic Literature:

01. To decide an issue of this nature, we do not need “opinions” of street persons, but those who have knowledge about Arabic Literature.

02. Any one who has even the least knowledge of Arabic language and its literature, knows the position of Quran as “extreme example” of superlative Arabic literature.

03. It is not only the literary excellence but the loftiness of ideas and the ease in which it tackles, legal, social, moral, and spiritual issues with equal ease. It shifts from one to another as quickly as no human can do.

04. That is why, no one can bring anything comparing Quran. You only display your ignorance and no knowledge of Arabic literature when you make such statements.

B. Quran only “copies” stories from Bible.

05. This is “common and stereo type” charge which is placed on Quran.

06. Quranic stories of prophets are fundamentally different from those of Bible. In Bible the emphasis is on “Historical side” of the story and a long list of genealogies.

07. Quran deals with the “moral side” of the story and uses it as an example of how Prophets of God preached to their people.

08. Comparing Biblical and Quranic stories is like comparing Chalk against Cheese! There is outward similarity, but in taste and smell they are different.

09. And the “best” example of this is in the story of “prophet Jesus” as mentioned in Bible (Ch. 37 to Ch.50 of Genesis and Chapter 12 of Quran). I have written a monograph about that which is available in www.scribd.com

Contd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••