Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments
9,061 - 9,080 of 21,446 Comments Last updated Sunday Aug 17
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Do keep up. I said the glans gets desensitised (by constant exposure) not removed.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
This is getting even more bizarre by the minute!!
Do you know what you are talking about? I don't think so, so I suggest you read this:
Circumcision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
You will learn that circumcision is the partial removal of the foreskin. It is supposed to leave the gland intact!
Also, you think that only Muslims get circumcised? Don't you know that up to 1/3 of the male population WORLDWIDE is circumcised? I don't think there is any proof of inability to enjoy a normal sex life!! LMFAO
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Do keep up. I said the glans gets desensitised (by constant exposure) not removed.
<quoted text>
Well, I never noticed. My boys never mentioned it.
I have never heard about that either.

There must be a 1/3 of men on earth who must be loosing out, according to you! LOL
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh what a beautiful baby boy! Now, hand me that knife while I mutilate his genitals."
Sorry, it's barbaric and has no place in today's culture.
If a man wants to get circumcised, let him but don't mutilate your babies genitals. Let them decide whether they want it done.
The whole point of having babies circumcised is to get the benefit during their childhood and teen age.

By the time they reach adulthood, the benefit isn't so obvious.
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

It's "losing", btw.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I never noticed. My boys never mentioned it.
I have never heard about that either.
There must be a 1/3 of men on earth who must be loosing out, according to you! LOL
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Why? What are they doing at that age?
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of having babies circumcised is to get the benefit during their childhood and teen age.
By the time they reach adulthood, the benefit isn't so obvious.
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Why? What are they doing at that age?
<quoted text>
For hygenic reasons, it's better to be circumcised than not when you are a kid. Later, when you are teenager and begin to have sex, it's a lot safer against STD as well. Or maybe you pretend these things don't exist.

The case for circumcision has been made centuries ago.
I don't see the point of revisiting the issue myself, to pander to the whim of some people who call it "mutilation" and "abuse".

We aren't talking about child cruaulty here, but prophylatic methods.

But some people object because they think it's too religious. Rubbish!
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

According to Dr Christian Jessen (of Channel 4 fame) the foreskin also has antibiotic properties. So, unless you're a really dirty scutter, your argument is pants.

The rest of your diatribe is projection.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
For hygenic reasons, it's better to be circumcised than not when you are a kid. Later, when you are teenager and begin to have sex, it's a lot safer against STD as well. Or maybe you pretend these things don't exist.
The case for circumcision has been made centuries ago.
I don't see the point of revisiting the issue myself, to pander to the whim of some people who call it "mutilation" and "abuse".
We aren't talking about child cruaulty here, but prophylatic methods.
But some people object because they think it's too religious. Rubbish!
rio

Beckenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Thinking wrote:
According to Dr Christian Jessen (of Channel 4 fame) the foreskin also has antibiotic properties. So, unless you're a really dirty scutter, your argument is pants.
The rest of your diatribe is projection.
<quoted text>
Well, I leave you to agree with Dr Christian Jessen (of Channel 4 fame) and I keep my opinion, OK?
USA Huh

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Anton Heinrich wrote:
In the atomic age there is not the slightest chance for humanity to survive in capitalism.
Will do our part in the US by tearing down Capitalism.
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Of course. No skin off my nose.
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I leave you to agree with Dr Christian Jessen (of Channel 4 fame) and I keep my opinion, OK?
Thinking

Andover, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

More muslim special ham.
MUQ wrote:
Why Iqbal was not awarded Nobel Prize for Literature?
Thank you Prof Mohammad Rafi sahab for this clip which is very good analysis behind the facts. You must have seen Tagore's Gitanajali and will have realized that in the background of second world WAR, Europe needed voices of peace and 'shanti' etc.
W.B.YEATS worked hard to promote Tagore and even wrote a foreword on Gutanjali. It certainly played a role in bringing Tagore among the top contenders .I think that Tagore's best works are his short stories and not his poetry but anyhow he was more lucky in a sense. There are clear indications in Tagore's poetry of the influence of Rumi and other mystics.
Iqbal was a different kind of man and not very much a man of the world so to say. He did not run after worldly gains and his simple bedroom provides a testimony to this where in his last days during ill health he used to receive even eminent political personalities like Nehru and many others.
I found Sumit S Paul's article very good. This is the evidence that honesty in writing and evaluation of a subject makes a journalist worth reading. Unfortunately our own writers lack this quality and have little to appreciate any thing good if it is found among those who are not from'us'.
I am sharing this clip with many including those who suffer from self exaltation and are miserly in appreciating others who differ from them.
I do appreciate your taste for selecting the most interesting things and I am grateful for sharing it with me. As you asked I hide your email contact so that it may not be used by hackers and the like.
Zubair bin Umer.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
...But some people object because they think it's too religious. Rubbish!
Who has objected for that reason? Children should not be mutilated for non-clinical reasons (religious or otherwise).

The objections have been detailed and it is generally the religious who are inflicting this - and sometimes making the tax-payer pay for it.

Religion = superstition. It's divisive and persistently more trouble than enough.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

MUQ: "We say that if "One man" who did not know how to read and write and with no human teacher, could produce an Arabic Master piece like Quran, why can't whole humanity, joined together can produce a chapter like Quran (in Arabic language of course)?"

I realise you think the Quran is a masterpiece. But to those outside of the Muslim bubble, your claims are abusrd. Many of the stories are simply a retelling of stories from the Bible.

You say that the whol of humanity cannot write a surah like from the quran. I would say any fool could make up nonsense, and retell made up stories.

For example the quran tells the story of Muhammed's night flight from Mecca to Jerusalem on a winged horse. He is supposed to have gone up to heaven to meet other prophets, and fly back again. Any sane rational person would think this story and many others in your so called holy book absurd.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

MuQ: "That is why in Quran it is mentioned that it "Confirms the scripture which came before it and acts as their "protector""

The Quran does not confirm, it contradicts the scripture which preceded it. That is why Christians and Muslims constantly disagree with each other.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

MUQ: "And on the other hand Quran "rejects" outright most of the "scandalous" stories that we see in Bible about Prophets of God. NONE of them is either mentioned and / or confirmed in Quran."

I disagree. The quran confirms the sharia type law of the OT. ALl those barbaric laws of Moses are confirmed in the quran. That is why islamic law includes stoning people to death and other primitive punishments.

The most scandelous story in the quran is hell. This imaginary place is borrowed from christians. No compassionate entity would tolerate the existence of an eternal place of toture. Simply disguisting.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Hey tell us about the holy she camel of Allah.
MUQ wrote:
C. How to correct these mistakes?
09. They do contain truth and wisdom of past generations, but they also content mistakes, errors and human ideas and corruptions and distortions added into them.
What these books need is a "filter" / a "Gold and Platinum Standard" / a "Touch stone" to filter out truth from these human imperfections.
D. You need an external Standard:
And you cannot use these books as reference to correct themselves, you need an "external standard" for that.
10. And Quran is that Standard!! Since it is "proven" to be Word of God and being available to us in exactly the same form and shape in which it was revealed, it serves the purpose of Filter and protects Bible!!
That is why in Quran it is mentioned that it "Confirms the scripture which came before it and acts as their "protector"….
11. This is pure reason and logic and there is nothing called "circular logic" at all.
I wish you will go thru my post carefully and slowly and try to understand it, before firing away your rhetoric reply.
E. Quran "copying" from Bible:
12. Quran does not "copy" any thing from any book of Bible verbatim. No doubt it tells the same story, but in a totally different way and style and keeping in mind the moral lessons that one learns from it and not as a "historical narration" as we see in Biblical books.
13. And the reason Quran does that is because these stories are true.
14. And on the other hand Quran "rejects" outright most of the "scandalous" stories that we see in Bible about Prophets of God. NONE of them is either mentioned and / or confirmed in Quran.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-62

Our prophet was not only a preacher. He was also an able administrator and a just ruler.

Those who have experience of administration know when to act tough and when to act with leniency. A King, Ruler and President knows which criminal to pardon and which to get executed. Those who do not have this experience may only speak in idealistic terms. Such idealistic persons are never able to administer any country or state with efficiency.

Beside so many “Swords” which we have mentioned earlier on this thread. He also had a sword of steel. When no other sword worked and the only solution was to wield the sword of steel, he used that also.

Any one who has read his biography knows that how reluctantly he had to use it. We present below, some of these cases, where prophet had to use the sword of steel.

The Case of ABU LAHAB BIN ABDULMUTTALIB, REAL UNCLE OF PROPHET

No study of enemies of prophet can be complete unless we consider the special case of ABU LAHAB , the uncle of Prophet. There must be some reason why he was singled out to be cursed in Quran by his name. No other enemies of prophet had this “dubious” distinction!!

Early History:

ABU LAHAB’ s Real name was ABDUL UZZA, he was son of Abdul MUTTALIB and therefore was one of the real uncle of prophet. He was given the title of ABU LAHAB because of his fiery complexion.

In those days of tribal living, a man was very well protected by his tribe and to become enemy of some one from the same tribe was very rare and was not looked upon with approval.

When prophet was born, ABU LAHAB was happy and he freed the salve girl, who brought him the good news. The same slave girl (THUWAIBAIH) gave initial suckle to prophet, before he was taken by HALEEMA.

During early part of life of prophet, we do not hear any rift between him and prophet on any account. When people was married to KHADIJA, ABU LAHAB was also present and rejoiced with every one.

In fact before prophet received his mission, his two daughters were engaged to be married to two sons of ABU LAHAB.

Declaration of Prophet’s Mission and ABU LAHAB ‘s opposition:

The moment prophet declared his mission, it seemed as if some switch of hatred was turned on in the heart of ABU LAHAB. There were many enemies of prophet in Makkah, but no one so bitter and so cruel as this ABU LAHAB. He left no occasion to ridicule prophet and deny him in public. It seemed that his only mission in life was to follow prophet wherever he went and deny him on face.

Some of his extreme actions of hatred and opposition are given below:

1. When prophet invited all members of his clan for a dinner in his house and after eating broached on the subject of Islam, ABU LAHAB immediately stood up and said “this is not the place for such discussions and asked every one to clear away”

2. He asked his two sons to break the marriage ties with the two daughters of Prophet. And said I will not see your faces unless you do so. They divorced their wives and the elder one spat on the face of prophet (for which crime he was devoured by a lion a few weeks later).

3. His house was next door to the prophet’s house. During night he and his wife used to place thorns near the door of prophet, so that his feet may be injured. They used other means to insult and hurt prophet and his household, which was so abhorrent to any civilized person.

(Contd.)

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

4. When prophet called all clans of Makkah near hillocks of SAFA and told them about message of Islam, this ABU LAHAB spoke before every one “Woe be to you! Is that why you called us and wasted our time”. There upon was revealed chapter 111 of Quran, which was named after him and it goes like this:

“Perish the hands of ABU LAHAB! Perish he! No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains”
“Burnt soon will be in a fire of blazing flame! His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood as Fuel”
“A twisted rope of palm tree fiber round her (own) neck (111:1-5)

This chapter shall be recited thru out the world till the last day by millions of Muslim to confirm his loss.

5. Whenever prophet used to visit any assembly or tent of people from outside Makkah, during Hajj or other gathering, ABU LAHAB used to follow the prophet and used to announce at his back, this is a mad man do not listen to him. Many people got confused and said “when his own uncle says this, why should we listen to him” Therefore he was instrumental in stopping many people from listening to the message of Islam thru the lips of prophet.

6. When Makkah people boycotted prophet for three years, and whole clan of Abdul MUTTALIB was included in the boycott, this ABU LAHAB remained outside and did not join with his clan .He also opposed the end of boycott.

Such was the enmity and hatred of Prophet and Islam in the heart of this bitterest of all enemies of Islam….that was the situation when prophet had to fled Makkah and took shelter in Madina.

How the Quranic prophesy was fulfilled:

It is strange to see how the Quranic prophesy about ABU LAHAB was fulfilled in its minutest details. Let us consider some of them relating to this world (what he will face in the Hereafter is known to Allah only).

1. He saw the message of Islam growing at a slow place despite his utmost opposition, Every new Muslim was like a thorn pierced into his heart. So he had to bear these daily thorns!

2. His eldest son, who had spat at the face of prophet, was devoured by a Wild beast while he was going with a Trade Caravan a few weeks after doing this dastardly act. Prophet had prayed to Allah to put some Dog of His dogs upon that ungrateful person.

3. His daughter accepted Islam before his eyes and some of his other close relatives also. He could do nothing but watch in insolence. His two remaining sons accepted Islam at the time of Conquest of Makkah and remained devout Muslims till the end of their ;oves.

4. In the second year of Prophet’s migration, the famous battle of Badr took place. ABU LAHAB did not take part in the battle, because he was sick. But the loss of Badr, when most of chiefs of Makkah were either slain in the battle field or were taken captives, broke his heart.

5. He took to himself and soon was struck with the plague, and died a few days later. Due to contagious nature of disease, every one was afraid to go near him and touch him for burial. They left him in that condition, till bad smell filled his house and whole vicinity. Ultimately his sons, paid some money to black slaves in Makkah, who demolished the house on his body….making some type of grave.

5A. His wife met a strange death due to strangulation, when a load of burning wood she was carrying on her head and used a rope to tie it, slipped and the rope tightened around her neck and she died of suffocation and strangulation. A Divine punishment worthy of a rabid Islam and Prophet hater!

6. That was his total loss in this world….no one takes his name , except as mentioned in Quran. The name of prophet whom he hated beyond every thing is taken with reverence by billions of people.

Such was the strange story of ABU LAHAB, the bitterest enemy of prophet, who had to pick up the “Sword of rejection and ridicules” from the Prophet ignoring all other “Beautiful Swords that he possessed”

But if there are no thorns in the garden who would appreciate the flowers?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Muq you believe in a magical she camel as is stated in the Quran why won't you speak about her? It seems the teachings of the Quran in this case embarrass you.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

The child raping and baby killing prophet of yours said all kinds of crazy sht didn't he? I wonder if he smoked opium as some Muslims have stated?
MUQ wrote:
4. When prophet called all clans of Makkah near hillocks of SAFA and told them about message of Islam, this ABU LAHAB spoke before every one “Woe be to you! Is that why you called us and wasted our time”. There upon was revealed chapter 111 of Quran, which was named after him and it goes like this:
“Perish the hands of ABU LAHAB! Perish he! No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains”
“Burnt soon will be in a fire of blazing flame! His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood as Fuel”
“A twisted rope of palm tree fiber round her (own) neck (111:1-5)
This chapter shall be recited thru out the world till the last day by millions of Muslim to confirm his loss.
5. Whenever prophet used to visit any assembly or tent of people from outside Makkah, during Hajj or other gathering, ABU LAHAB used to follow the prophet and used to announce at his back, this is a mad man do not listen to him. Many people got confused and said “when his own uncle says this, why should we listen to him” Therefore he was instrumental in stopping many people from listening to the message of Islam thru the lips of prophet.
6. When Makkah people boycotted prophet for three years, and whole clan of Abdul MUTTALIB was included in the boycott, this ABU LAHAB remained outside and did not join with his clan .He also opposed the end of boycott.
Such was the enmity and hatred of Prophet and Islam in the heart of this bitterest of all enemies of Islam….that was the situation when prophet had to fled Makkah and took shelter in Madina.
How the Quranic prophesy was fulfilled:
It is strange to see how the Quranic prophesy about ABU LAHAB was fulfilled in its minutest details. Let us consider some of them relating to this world (what he will face in the Hereafter is known to Allah only).
1. He saw the message of Islam growing at a slow place despite his utmost opposition, Every new Muslim was like a thorn pierced into his heart. So he had to bear these daily thorns!
2. His eldest son, who had spat at the face of prophet, was devoured by a Wild beast while he was going with a Trade Caravan a few weeks after doing this dastardly act. Prophet had prayed to Allah to put some Dog of His dogs upon that ungrateful person.
3. His daughter accepted Islam before his eyes and some of his other close relatives also. He could do nothin
4. In the second year of Prophet’s migration, the famous battle of Badr took place. ABU LAHAB did not take part in the battle, because he was sick. But the loss of Badr, when most of chiefs of Makkah were either slain in the battle field or were taken captives, broke his heart.
5. He took to himself and soon was struck with the plague, and died a few days later. Due to contagious nature of disease, every one was afraid to go near him and touch him for burial. They left him in that condition, till bad smell filled his house and whole vicinity. Ultimately his sons, paid some money to black slaves in Makkah, who demolished the house on his body….making some type of grave.
5A. His wife met a strange death due to strangulation, when a load of burning wood she was carrying on her head and used a rope to tie it, slipped and the rope tightened around her neck and she died of suffocation and strangulation. A Divine punishment worthy of a rabid Islam and Prophet hater!
6. That was his total loss in this world….no one takes his name , except as mentioned in Quran. The name of prophet whom he hated beyond every thing is taken with reverence by billions of people.
Such was the strange story of ABU LAHAB, the bitterest enemy of prophet, who had to pick up the “Sword of rejection and ridicules” from the Prophet ignoring all other “Beautiful Swords that he possessed”
But if there are no thorns in the garden who would appreciate the flowers?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••