H.S. hoops coach in Hickory accused o...

H.S. hoops coach in Hickory accused of rape

There are 13 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Jul 24, 2012, titled H.S. hoops coach in Hickory accused of rape. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

HICKORY, N.C. The head boys basketball coach at Hickory High School is accused of rape and having sexual activities with a student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

FedmahnKassad

Lenoir, NC

#1 Jul 24, 2012
I believe he was fired from West Caldwell High for the very same thing.
Caroline

Spring Hope, NC

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Coach J would never in his life do something along the lines of this! This girl is crazy! And all who believe this is just as crazy!
Caroline

Spring Hope, NC

#4 Jul 26, 2012
Lance wrote:
I hope it was a chimp. The thoughts of a white girl would make most people puke!!
what does being a white girl have to do with anything?
diva

Greensboro, NC

#5 Jul 27, 2012
we all know that every one is innocent until proven quilty, right? and as of now we all are full of questions.The main question should be why is the alleged victim just now coming forward? Has someone put her up to these accusations? From my understanding this girl is a homosexual and proudly showed it during her highschool years, and was not even interested in men. and if this was goin on like she said it was im sure she would have told a friend or two that just could not have kept their mouths closed this long!! I truly find this hard to believe because i grew up with shawn and I know just what type of person he is, and i truly feel like she is being "coached" and im sure im not the only person that believes that and when all of this is over....she just may be facing some charges of her own...this is a loving, family man, who takes pride in his career and always have!! Coaching is his pride and joy and obviously she knows it...hell, of course she knows it, he was her coach!! I dont know whats on her agenda but I do know no weapons formed against any of us shall prosper and GOD will block all lies and false accusations, believe that! with that being said...God is gonna work this whole situation out, no ifs, ands or buts about it, and at the same time I just wanna let it be known that Shawn has a lot of people in his corner that know him differently from whats been in the news & internet and thats the Shawn we are standing behind and suporting.......WE LOVE U SHAWN

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 28, 2012
diva wrote:
we all know that every one is innocent until proven quilty, right? and as of now we all are full of questions.The main question should be why is the alleged victim just now coming forward? Has someone put her up to these accusations? From my understanding this girl is a homosexual and proudly showed it during her highschool years, and was not even interested in men. and if this was goin on like she said it was im sure she would have told a friend or two that just could not have kept their mouths closed this long!! I truly find this hard to believe because i grew up with shawn and I know just what type of person he is, and i truly feel like she is being "coached" and im sure im not the only person that believes that and when all of this is over....she just may be facing some charges of her own...this is a loving, family man, who takes pride in his career and always have!! Coaching is his pride and joy and obviously she knows it...hell, of course she knows it, he was her coach!! I dont know whats on her agenda but I do know no weapons formed against any of us shall prosper and GOD will block all lies and false accusations, believe that! with that being said...God is gonna work this whole situation out, no ifs, ands or buts about it, and at the same time I just wanna let it be known that Shawn has a lot of people in his corner that know him differently from whats been in the news & internet and thats the Shawn we are standing behind and suporting.......WE LOVE U SHAWN
Thank you for your logic and reasoning. The man deserves a trial by jury, not by a misinformed Nancy Grace public who seems to have all of the answers except the right ones. I don't know the man, but being a teacher, I do realize how accusations can be made with no substance, and that the person charged is automatically found guilty by a vicious and hateful public who only want to see the worse result. If the man is in fact guilty, he will pay. If guilty, he should. Until then, let's let the court system gather all the evidence without prejudice ,so at the very least, he receives a fair trial.
Willie Lynch

Lenoir, NC

#7 Jul 28, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your logic and reasoning. The man deserves a trial by jury, not by a misinformed Nancy Grace public who seems to have all of the answers except the right ones. I don't know the man, but being a teacher, I do realize how accusations can be made with no substance, and that the person charged is automatically found guilty by a vicious and hateful public who only want to see the worse result. If the man is in fact guilty, he will pay. If guilty, he should. Until then, let's let the court system gather all the evidence without prejudice ,so at the very least, he receives a fair trial.
You're a teacher?
What do you teach the finer points of beating the system and drawing a check?
You're supposedly disabled and addicted to painkillers or do you just make the story up as you go to fit the discussion? What's next are you going to claim to be a retired astronaut? You're nothing more than a lazy assed slimy hood-rat with access to someone else's computer.
Willie Lynch

Lenoir, NC

#8 Jul 28, 2012
Chimpanzee Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that fair trial be just like the one OJ got?

Location hidden

#10 Jul 28, 2012
Willie Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that fair trial be just like the one OJ got?
Be specific. The first or second trial?
Willie Lynch

Lenoir, NC

#11 Jul 28, 2012
Oh I forgot someone has to break it down so a primate such as yourself can understand without going into an ass scratching frenzy. The double murder trial.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 28, 2012
Willie Lynch wrote:
Oh I forgot someone has to break it down so a primate such as yourself can understand without going into an ass scratching frenzy. The double murder trial.
He was guilty.
Willie Lynch

Lenoir, NC

#13 Jul 28, 2012
Yes he was as guilty as a starving n**ger in a watermelon patch at midnight in both trials. Only difference was that in Nevada playing the I'm just a misunderstood stupid negro card got his black ass nowhere.
Willie Lynch

Lenoir, NC

#14 Jul 28, 2012
Michael Jackson should have paid for OJ's attorneys in the California trial because up until the murders the press was crucifying his pedophile ass.
Darryl Robinson

Raleigh, NC

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Shawn is a good - family man whom I've had the pleasure of knowing for 20 plus years. I know none of us are mistake free', but I have a hard time believing these accusations. I pray that all of you critics apologize publicly if they are proven inaccurate. And if they are accurate I will pray for his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ottawa as Robin Hood 21 hr JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Jul 24 Diggz 23,584
News Santa Cruz County report details housing crisis Jul 22 Paul Mendoza 3
News Cops and Courts: July 9, 2015: Record amount of... Jul 15 I am sorry 1
News Trust falls, Ukraine shutters cash-thin banks Jul 13 Cassandra_ 37
News Horton wins Senoia Raceway Summer Sizzler by a ... Jul 12 Sammy Agan 1
News Exclusive Interview: Dad Whose Kids Were 'Locke... Jul 10 Guest 1
More from around the web