Pelican Bay councilwoman contends arr...

Pelican Bay councilwoman contends arrest politically motivated

There are 157 comments on the star-telegram.com story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Pelican Bay councilwoman contends arrest politically motivated. In it, star-telegram.com reports that:

A member of the Pelican Bay City Council who is a constant critic of how the city is managed was arrested last week after attending a budget meeting where she raised questions about the city's precarious financial condition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at star-telegram.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Texan

Wichita, KS

#208 Apr 15, 2013
Just continue to show the ignorance that makes Pelican Bay the joke that it is, saggy boobs and all. Pinch them, and land in jail for assault. At least you will if the PBPD is as honest as you say they are.
citzeen

United States

#211 Apr 19, 2013
We all wanna know, i will come to next council meeting, expose them then.
When is the next meeting?
VOTER

Netherlands

#213 Apr 19, 2013
The next council meeting could be 3 weeks away.
When is it?
City Council Fails

Azle, TX

#214 Mar 20, 2014
This topic is just more proof this city needs to be completely disincorporated and disbanded and let Tarrant County take over.

This is unbelievable and inexcusably childish behavior for respectable adult council members. Yet concerned adult voters continue to put up with immature soap opera style politics. And it's amazing just how many intoxicated citizens here fully support these spoiled brat tactics used at council meetings.

And as you can see from many of the incoherent and rambling attack posts here and elsewhere on Pelican Bay Topix, the rampant drug and alcohol abuse problem in this city is embarrassingly obvious when citizens post intoxicated.

Once we are disbanded, the Tarrant County Sherriff's Office is just chomping at the bit to come in here and clean house and bust all the bathtub meth drug dealers the corrupt city council here has a lengthy history of protecting due to personal affiliations with the criminals.

It's way past time to finally shut down the city government drug addict experiment that failed and that the Pelican Bay city council has warped into without proper responsible (and sober) adult supervision leading the city council and city services.

Hijacked

Azle, TX

#215 Mar 21, 2014
City Council Fails wrote:
This topic is just more proof this city needs to be completely disincorporated and disbanded and let Tarrant County take over.
This is unbelievable and inexcusably childish behavior for respectable adult council members. Yet concerned adult voters continue to put up with immature soap opera style politics. And it's amazing just how many intoxicated citizens here fully support these spoiled brat tactics used at council meetings.
And as you can see from many of the incoherent and rambling attack posts here and elsewhere on Pelican Bay Topix, the rampant drug and alcohol abuse problem in this city is embarrassingly obvious when citizens post intoxicated.
Once we are disbanded, the Tarrant County Sherriff's Office is just chomping at the bit to come in here and clean house and bust all the bathtub meth drug dealers the corrupt city council here has a lengthy history of protecting due to personal affiliations with the criminals.
It's way past time to finally shut down the city government drug addict experiment that failed and that the Pelican Bay city council has warped into without proper responsible (and sober) adult supervision leading the city council and city services.
You are correct in all aspects , it would be nice to be able to say " Hey I live in Pelican Bay" but I cant, If enough of the smart citizens who do give a crap will get their butts in gear and go and Vote for the right person , then all of this could be over and we could start a new beginning , but I have huge doughts that will ever happen" my dime is on finstad .
this family

Azle, TX

#216 Mar 23, 2014
No way how can you say vote for the one with a law suit filed on the city?
Not to smart but neither is Robin. lol
our vote goes for Petty
Hijacked

Azle, TX

#217 Mar 23, 2014
this family wrote:
No way how can you say vote for the one with a law suit filed on the city?
Not to smart but neither is Robin. lol
our vote goes for Petty
So why should that matter? you know the city does have insurance for that , so that tells me your not so smart either . LOL, LOL.., it hasn't got a thing to do with her running for Mayor" what you are saying is we should not vote for her even though she went to bat for us and jail trying to ask the big question of where my tax and your tax dollars went right? oh and everyone else's went hmmm" let me think about this" ummmmm NO ! like I said in another post ,it will never change with ignorance , you will keep voting for the crooked and the bay will stay the same or worse.
this family

Azle, TX

#218 Mar 23, 2014
what I'm saying is this, where is the loyalty to the city and the people? the city may indeed have insurance ? but either way, rates go up as a result of way to many law suits, and it just seems kinda peculiar to me that her buddy Gilbert sued then she followed? they found a little honey hole and they are trying to milk it, but anyway, when the rates go up so does our cost of living.the people are going to have to pay her way, and I for one don't want to. I also question her Christmas jars all over and the no accounting, really bothers me alot, is that how she is going to run city hall? Ive been to alot of the city socials and I never see her, why?
I just don't find this to be in the best interest of the city in which I'm raising my kids, she tells everyone she has proof and will present it when the time is right, well when is the time ever going to be right? I used to believe in Robin But not anymore, and it's sad I have watched her be friends with Morely and then be enemy's but then again Iv'e seen this with her other friends, how long before she sides back up with morely to bring back Gilbert ? How long before we have that worthless group we had in there before?
Please people listen to reason, Robin has done good on council, but as Mayor ? absolutely NOT. I would like to see more accountability on her extra fund raising just should be a requirement..
Keeping in mind my judgements are from talking to others,except the accounting. she has voted wisely, but so has Tincher and Petty, Robin has spoke up about certain issues well so has Petty. Robin and Tom has had each others backs on many issues, I used to go to council meetings all the time,back when Clifford was first on. well I had to quit going because of work... wish I could go more. people we have a great Police department, and Fire Department, we are running crime right out the door, I know for a fact Petty is taking on code enforcement head on. I read the agenda,lol....
I just feel that Robin needs to stay where she is, along with Morely, have Petty as mayor,he seems like a fair man.Council needs to grow up and work as a TEAM, for the better of Pelican Bay.
Hijacked

Azle, TX

#219 Mar 24, 2014
this family wrote:
what I'm saying is this, where is the loyalty to the city and the people? the city may indeed have insurance ? but either way, rates go up as a result of way to many law suits, and it just seems kinda peculiar to me that her buddy Gilbert sued then she followed? they found a little honey hole and they are trying to milk it, but anyway, when the rates go up so does our cost of living.the people are going to have to pay her way, and I for one don't want to. I also question her Christmas jars all over and the no accounting, really bothers me alot, is that how she is going to run city hall? Ive been to alot of the city socials and I never see her, why?
I just don't find this to be in the best interest of the city in which I'm raising my kids, she tells everyone she has proof and will present it when the time is right, well when is the time ever going to be right? I used to believe in Robin But not anymore, and it's sad I have watched her be friends with Morely and then be enemy's but then again Iv'e seen this with her other friends, how long before she sides back up with morely to bring back Gilbert ? How long before we have that worthless group we had in there before?
Please people listen to reason, Robin has done good on council, but as Mayor ? absolutely NOT. I would like to see more accountability on her extra fund raising just should be a requirement..
Keeping in mind my judgements are from talking to others,except the accounting. she has voted wisely, but so has Tincher and Petty, Robin has spoke up about certain issues well so has Petty. Robin and Tom has had each others backs on many issues, I used to go to council meetings all the time,back when Clifford was first on. well I had to quit going because of work... wish I could go more. people we have a great Police department, and Fire Department, we are running crime right out the door, I know for a fact Petty is taking on code enforcement head on. I read the agenda,lol....
I just feel that Robin needs to stay where she is, along with Morely, have Petty as mayor,he seems like a fair man.Council needs to grow up and work as a TEAM, for the better of Pelican Bay.
Well if they did to me what they did to her I would sue the pants off of them too, why should they get away with what they did? if it was you" you would do the same thing, My question to you is why are you so concerned about Robin giving presents(questionable really??) to kids who would other wise do without ? Why are you Not so concerned about Morely and Olberg giving food out on city property when it has been very clear to them that they cant do that where is the accountability for that food? you sure don't seem to care to much for all that but you are so concerned about what Toy's and food she gave 2 1/2 years ago ,why don't you question all of us volunteers who also picked up the jars from the stores and question us about the toys and food we bought with that money" it was a great feeling to be able to a part of that,". why aren't you concerned about where all our tax dollars went " that could have fixed my street your street and a lot other streets , and I don't think you really know her or have really been to any council meeting because she has always told anyone who asks to come and see all proof she has , ive seen them and as a matter of fact last council meeting I asked her if she could show some people their and she did, Anyone that will stand up for us when no body else will has my vote and a lot more others.
this family

Azle, TX

#220 Mar 24, 2014
First off if hou are the mentality of Robin and her followers you make it so easy to make a decision, and not just me but I let another hard core Finstead follower read what you posted, and she just lost three more votes to petty. They just feel you sound way to violent. And if Robin is anything like you. They don't want it. I told them I think it is Robin. And by the way Robin way driving illegal.
T K L

Azle, TX

#221 Mar 24, 2014
this family wrote:
First off if hou are the mentality of Robin and her followers you make it so easy to make a decision, and not just me but I let another hard core Finstead follower read what you posted, and she just lost three more votes to petty. They just feel you sound way to violent. And if Robin is anything like you. They don't want it. I told them I think it is Robin. And by the way Robin way driving illegal.
You are a very sad individual, I feel sorry for you. Any one that takes up for her is always accused of being her, we know your game. LOL...
this family

Azle, TX

#222 Mar 25, 2014
No game,Robin has no business in the mayors seat.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#223 Mar 30, 2014
Robin had her license removed for ten years because of felony traffic violations , Chief Towns has lost his Police License & Credentials' for the same reason , Robin sued the good folk's of PB because her license were & still are suspended , Why she want's mayor is because she want's Gilbert Towns as a paid city manager who will get his own men in PB again . she is really afraid enough that any viable candidate that can help she lies like a dog & runs them off , Hell she lied to Rusty Rogers & Ken Wrinkle last election ,told them if they wouldn't run & let her lesbian bitch run she would back them this year .'not" she has attacked the only ones that really care about PB because she wants Gilbert Towns in the city managers seat so she can drive around in the bay & not be stopped because the PD will be stocked with Towns men , what she didn't tell everybody is that in the last election a few felons voted for her & tish "only thing the three voted were in Jail , now their both going to answer to the Feds & AG's office ,three affidavit's will be submitted this week , then its going to be clean up time as Tarrant county will come in & take over PB & the PB PD/FD ThanX Colten for the info leading to their arrest
T K L

Azle, TX

#224 Mar 31, 2014
Texas_Buzzard wrote:
Robin had her license removed for ten years because of felony traffic violations , Chief Towns has lost his Police License & Credentials' for the same reason , Robin sued the good folk's of PB because her license were & still are suspended , Why she want's mayor is because she want's Gilbert Towns as a paid city manager who will get his own men in PB again . she is really afraid enough that any viable candidate that can help she lies like a dog & runs them off , Hell she lied to Rusty Rogers & Ken Wrinkle last election ,told them if they wouldn't run & let her lesbian bitch run she would back them this year .'not" she has attacked the only ones that really care about PB because she wants Gilbert Towns in the city managers seat so she can drive around in the bay & not be stopped because the PD will be stocked with Towns men , what she didn't tell everybody is that in the last election a few felons voted for her & tish "only thing the three voted were in Jail , now their both going to answer to the Feds & AG's office ,three affidavit's will be submitted this week , then its going to be clean up time as Tarrant county will come in & take over PB & the PB PD/FD ThanX Colten for the info leading to their arrest
You are so sickly mistaken. You must be Ken Wrinkle" wow! you really didn't like being exposed did you" No lies with Robin and for your jailed voters, cant happen dumb ass! " dumb ass" , people like you is what keeps corruption going here, so why don't you go S#$% some more of your girlfriends D$%^!!, Oh and everyone has seen your criminal records , Dumb ass!!... LOL,LOL,LOL
Tina

Mountain View, CA

#226 Feb 1, 2016
Texan wrote:
OH REALLY then why are you still so concerned with him? He and Finstad control all your waking thoughts, an amazing feat for someone who is GONE!!!FIRED!!! DEAD!!! you can only wish and wishing doesn't make it so.
I just happened upon this website and I have a question. How old are you people? Are you actually speaking to each other like this? Who in the world raised all of you and made you even think that is the proper way to speak to folks? I do not have a clue what y'all are yelling at one another about but I do know that if one of my grand children happened upon this mess and read this crap you're throwing at each other, y'all would all be seeing me in person and it wouldn't be a pleasant visit.
Maybe all of you should 're-read what has been written here and imagine one of your children or grand children reading it. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. I'm ashamed for you! You all need psychological help. And God forbid if any of you are making any decisions about running a town. No wonder Pelican Bay has trouble keeping people there. Good luck, because nothing can be solved like this.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#227 Feb 1, 2016
Tina this particular topix has been dormant for 22 months, do you have nothing to do other than waking sleeping dogs?
Texan

Wichita, KS

#228 Feb 1, 2016
Oh, one more thing Tina. Is everyone supposed to be afraid of you? "NOT"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... Sat woodtick57 174
News Good morning, you're on the General Store (Mar '10) Aug 18 Idiot 32
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Aug 16 ChristineM 24,099
News Donte Johnson, 18, has been charged with the Ju... (Jun '10) Aug 8 Auntie Heidi 30
News Fitch Rates Albuquerque, NM's GRT Rev Bonds 'AA... Aug 6 Gary J 1
News Frank Capece of Cranford Charged With Covering ... (May '13) Aug 1 aliest 4
News Clinton campaign scrambles to defend Rust Belt ... Jul 31 Lyin Crooked Hillary 7
More from around the web