Vallejo mayor pushing to hire more police officers

Oct 9, 2012 Full story: Vallejo Times-Herald 24

Facing rising crime and a shrinking police force, Vallejo Mayor Osby Davis tonight will ask the City Council to speed up the hiring of more officers despite plans to implement pension reform first.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wrong Again

Fairfield, CA

#1 Oct 9, 2012
smoke and mirrors by the mayor...again. he's telling the public that he wants 5 more cops for drug stuff. he said vpd has less than 90 cops but they are alotted 93 officers, 10-15 upcoming retirements and a handful are on workmans comp. so by summer time, vpd will have about 75 cops, even with a second tier system, how long will it take to hire 18 cops and train them before vallejo is completely out of control?
TheHammerOfTruth

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Oct 9, 2012
Osby, finally woke up from your nap huh? Too little too late. This man is the definition of impotent.
sammie the enraged -t-urd

Concord, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2012
LOL!

Weren't six of those homicides involving where the cops shot civilians dead? If that is the case hiring more cops = more cop to civilian homicides = more homicides in vallejo.

(t)urd enragement!
VallejoJoe

Danville, CA

#7 Oct 9, 2012
Is this the mayor that said Vallejo didn't have a crime problem? Oh wait, that was before his black relatives started yanging. What was little Mario's blood tox results? Did his family ever figure out the county wasn't going to pay for a second autopsy and arrange to have him buried? Still collecting donations? Thrash, the dirge of Vallejo: People who let the streets raise their kids and then think they deserve family/parent of the year award when something happens to them.
Der Sensenmann

San Jose, CA

#8 Oct 9, 2012
sammie the enraged -t-urd wrote:
LOL!
Weren't six of those homicides involving where the cops shot civilians dead? If that is the case hiring more cops = more cop to civilian homicides = more homicides in vallejo.
(t)urd enragement!
Do us all a favor and point your gun at a cop, so they can end your miserable existance.

Hippy Enragement!!
anon

Vallejo, CA

#9 Oct 9, 2012
Der Sensenmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Do us all a favor and point your gun at a cop, so they can end your miserable existance.
Hippy Enragement!!
He might be able to raise his purse in anger at a cop but he won't ever be a danger of pointing a gun
just remember folks

Castro Valley, CA

#12 Oct 10, 2012
This mayor is like a groundhog - we see him once a year. The last time was to address the hookers on Sonoma Boulevard, who are now back out in full force.

Doesn't seem he gets anything completed or done right, does it?
anon

Vallejo, CA

#15 Oct 10, 2012
just remember folks wrote:
This mayor is like a groundhog - we see him once a year. The last time was to address the hookers on Sonoma Boulevard, who are now back out in full force.
Doesn't seem he gets anything completed or done right, does it?
You need to get out more or at least make yourself a little more aware, I see the mayor a lot more than once a year. I guess the Pearsall/Gomes/Better Vallejo approach to reducing the "hooker" presence was an "epic" failure. Maybe the traditional police method of staffing a vice squad and "sting" operations may actually be a better way to go.
TheHammerOfTruth

Walnut Creek, CA

#16 Oct 10, 2012
I see the Mayor when his motorcycle gets stolen and when his business gets burned down. He is less than useless.
links

San Francisco, CA

#17 Oct 10, 2012
Osby's a (f)ucking moron and a crook. End of.

Who voted for this POS? I mean really. Not I!
SilasBarnabe

Vallejo, CA

#18 Oct 10, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He might be able to raise his purse in anger at a cop but he won't ever be a danger of pointing a gun
I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the already convicted and corrupt Vallejo Police Department.

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/Vallejo...

A Federal Judge already awarded plaintiffs $4 million for illegal search and excessive force. Since our locval heroes have already cost the City $4 million maybe Hannigan can point her purse at the Attorney John Burris on the most recent case of incomptetent and abusive behavior of VPD and make the charges go away. If history serves Burris will kick our boys in blues behind and get millions off the taxpayers of Vallejo. So much for the dumb as bricks Hannigan rewarding poor behavior with raises and tax hikes to pay for the raises. Vote Yes on Intintoli for County Supervisor.
WTF

Vallejo, CA

#20 Oct 10, 2012
Put down the crack pipe....there is NO way anybody is making that much from a lawsuit involving that young felon, who had a previous weapon conviction. The mom will settle for mere thousands (which will be promptly blown through) and the rest will be put in trust for his three year old.
SilasBarnabe wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the already convicted and corrupt Vallejo Police Department.
A Federal Judge already awarded plaintiffs $4 million for illegal search and excessive force. Since our locval heroes have already cost the City $4 million maybe Hannigan can point her purse at the Attorney John Burris on the most recent case of incomptetent and abusive behavior of VPD and make the charges go away. If history serves Burris will kick our boys in blues behind and get millions off the taxpayers of Vallejo. So much for the dumb as bricks Hannigan rewarding poor behavior with raises and tax hikes to pay for the raises. Vote Yes on Intintoli for County Supervisor.
Wrong Again

Fairfield, CA

#23 Oct 11, 2012
that piece of shiiiit romero's mom, the same mom who was convicted of pimping her 15yr old daughter in richmond, won't get a dime

Concord, CA

#24 Oct 11, 2012
WTF wrote:
Put down the crack pipe....there is NO way anybody is making that much from a lawsuit involving that young felon, who had a previous weapon conviction. The mom will settle for mere thousands (which will be promptly blown through) and the rest will be put in trust for his three year old.
<quoted text>
LOL!
Burris does not deal in such small lawsuits, rest assured we will lose and have to pay out big because of the behavior of our corrupt and incompetent Police Department.

(t)urd enragement!
anon

Vallejo, CA

#26 Oct 11, 2012
WhenHenke was here the FD was the evil that plagued the city. The "captain" even said the PD was pretty much ok except for a leave policy he felt was too generous. Now PD is "incompetent and corrupt"?

What happened to you? Your like a real life Buzz Light Year. Your lunch get stolen every day?
Grissle rants

Vallejo, CA

#27 Oct 11, 2012
Wrong Again wrote:
that piece of shiiiit romero's mom, the same mom who was convicted of pimping her 15yr old daughter in richmond, won't get a dime
Grissle
Where your proof. I forgot you dont need any evidence to harass people.

Concord, CA

#28 Oct 11, 2012
anon wrote:
WhenHenke was here the FD was the evil that plagued the city. The "captain" even said the PD was pretty much ok except for a leave policy he felt was too generous. Now PD is "incompetent and corrupt"?
What happened to you? Your like a real life Buzz Light Year. Your lunch get stolen every day?
LOL!
Since when have you ever accepted any fact the captain ever pointed out to you?

What part of this settlement don't you get?

(t)urd enragement!
WTF

Vallejo, CA

#29 Oct 11, 2012
Two completely different set of circumstances. Romero was a felon, committing the same type of crime he had committed previously. I'm guessing he also had little to no employment history, which is the biggest portion of a lawsuit, loss of future earnings. His death is saving the taxpayers money. He was 23, had a long future ahead of him with the criminal justice system which we pay for and God only knows how many more children he would have, that would be raised on an EBT card, which we also fund.
sammie the enraged -t-urd wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
Since when have you ever accepted any fact the captain ever pointed out to you?
What part of this settlement don't you get?
(t)urd enragement!
xxx

San Jose, CA

#31 Oct 11, 2012
Kacktus say dat wee dont nead no mo poleece. How we gona do mo roberrees if we git mo poleece? Dat be our livleehud. Dey gona jus shute da bruthas wen dey poynt dey gun at da cop. It dont be no reel gun, an da poleece be treetin it like dey be a kriminel. Dem cops shud wait an axx dem "duz dat be a reel gun?" befo dey shute. Velveeta say she mad to.
xxx

San Jose, CA

#32 Oct 11, 2012
links wrote:
Osby's a (f)ucking moron and a crook. End of.
Who voted for this POS? I mean really. Not I!
I be telin yoo hoo votid for Ozzbie. Da bruthas! Careem, Jamaal, Velveeta, Shitonya, Twinetta, Jamanda, Kacktus, an Shalanda votid fo hem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr Chiclets 23,039
6 arrested, including 2 foreigners, for selling... Tue NUCAPGAORAGTPPCHA... 12
Tennessee health profile - Hawkins County Oct 24 Calhoun 2
Greer Labs sues ex-executive for $840,000 Oct 24 gamewell dude2011 16
Vietnam police bust prostitution rings targetin... Oct 21 NGUCAPGAORAGTPPMI... 6
Work on Vietnam's first subway at the Saigon Ri... Oct 17 bac ky vc leimdit... 14
The 2014 election might stretch into 2015, than... Oct 12 Marine Corp Pat 9

9 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE