Then and now -- what's changed in 25 ...

Then and now -- what's changed in 25 years

There are 2 comments on the The Winnipeg Free Press story from Sep 14, 2013, titled Then and now -- what's changed in 25 years. In it, The Winnipeg Free Press reports that:

"A century of paternalism and duplicity in government policies has had disastrous consequences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Winnipeg Free Press.

Litter Peg

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Sep 16, 2013
Winnipeg sucks so much more now. For so many reasons.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2 Sep 17, 2013
After living across the country over the last 15 years, and moving back recently (but still following things here), it is a cesspool of misery. 2013 and we still have no freeway system, still have to wait for trains at many crossings around the city, downtown still looks atrocious, many pieces of land around the city are industrial wastelands, the north end is as crime-infested as ever (it needs to be completely bulldozed), and we have terrible retail outlets while the better stores bypass us in favor of progressive cities around the country. Why did I move back??? Good freakin question. Needless to say, I will be moving away, only I will never look back!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ramsey grand juror welcomes new DNA tests, disc... (Mar '17) 6 hr robert 5
News Whats on: Events between Sept. 27 and Oct. 6 (Sep '13) 9 hr Vote eh 2
News Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Res... (Feb '10) Mar 19 TastyMexicanFood 34
News Lakewood apartments infested with rats, roaches Mar 14 resident2 3
News DNA in doubt: New analysis challenges DA's exon... (Oct '16) Mar 11 Anonymous 117
News Scher, Montrose physician and convicted murdere... (Jan '11) Mar 10 Justtwllingthetruth 16
News Drink craft beer for a good cause at the Housto... Mar 9 Gettysburg Sausag... 6