Universal delays Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' again, sets release...

There are 2 comments on the Aug 15, 2012, TheCelebrityCafe story titled Universal delays Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' again, sets release.... In it, TheCelebrityCafe reports that:

Universal Studios has decided to delay Keanu Reeves' samurai film 47 Ronin once again on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheCelebrityCafe.

Since: May 12

New York, NY

#1 Aug 15, 2012
I don't really know if this is good news or bad news. Sounds like Universal is now making an entirely different movie than Mr Rinsch had in mind. Difference between artistic view vs financial view?

Since: May 12

New York, NY

#2 Aug 17, 2012
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope...
Release date: December 25th 2013.
Conflict between Universal Pictures and director Carl Rinsch. The article says that Universal has been monitoring Rinsch's post-prduction process very closely and....
The new version will be more focused on Mr Reeves as the lead character rather than on the samurai ensemble.
The re-shoot will be about one of the key scenes late in the film. I have read the script earlier and I think I know what it is.
I cannot say if it is for better or for worse in artistic sense but I do believe the financial side will be more secure this way. At the same time, I dislike the idea of putting a director in a short leash.
It will be filmed in London facilities during late August- early September 2012. Budget $170 mio will be $200 mio.
Che sara, sara.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sundance Film Festival announces competition films Dec '14 yurtyd 1
News Runners-up face uphill fight Nov '14 Pearl 1
News Grimes jumps shark, won't say she voted for Obama (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zeppelin 4
News Los Angeles Register to immediately cease publi... (Sep '14) Sep '14 J Freemont 2
News Congressman optimistic Obama will grant immigra... (Jul '14) Jul '14 John D 1
News Hollywood Pedophilia Scandal: Did Democrats Kno... (Jun '14) Jul '14 vote no gay 16
News 2015: The Biggest Year for Movies Ever? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
More from around the web