ABC Family Greenlights '10 Things I Hate,' 'Ruby' Pilots - '10 ...

Full story: Zap2it.com 20
Two more pilots are looking to join the family of original programming at ABC Family. Read more
BHM

Cleveland, OH

#1 Oct 8, 2008
The only show on this network that anyone really cares about is "The Middleman". Any news at all re: renewal?
Modwild

Denver, CO

#2 Oct 8, 2008
How funny that daughter of a David Cassidy character is named Ruby, when his real life daughter played Ruby on Supernatural. Go figure. Love me some Cassidys!!
Gavin

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 8, 2008
BHM wrote:
The only show on this network that anyone really cares about is "The Middleman". Any news at all re: renewal?
If "Middleman" was really the only show on the network that "anyone really cares about," it would have already been renewed. But it isn't. And it hasn't been.
Adele

Australia

#4 Oct 8, 2008
I love 10 Things About You. It's a classic and to make a tv show could ruin it for me. But I have faith in Carter as Greek is a darn good show. That being said, it feels like someone is making a televised version of Breakfast Club or something equally precious. Am worried.
damen

Rueil-malmaison, France

#5 Mar 28, 2009
Ruby looks like amazing... I like very much Shaun Cassidy, he is the creator of my cult favorite "Invasion" alongside the darker "American Gothic".
jenn

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jul 12, 2009
i cant wait for ruby and the rockits i love music and singing so i know i will love this show lol
jenn

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jul 12, 2009
i can't wait for ruby and the rockits i love music and singing so i know i will love this show lol
MrPete

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 20, 2009
When is this on, and what "network"?
Pam

Reno, NV

#9 Jul 21, 2009
Just watched the first episode of Ruby and the rockets, it was excellent. Great for me, who remembers the cassidys when I was a kid, and great to share this new era with my 14 year old daughter. Congratulations to the cassidays on what looks to be a hit.
Honora Tucker

Queensbury, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2009
Alexa Vega has a wonderful voice.The show may have something
Leah

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jul 30, 2009
I love this show it's really good!
janetluvsjesus

Curlew, WA

#12 Aug 21, 2009
There is nothing to NOT like about Ruby and the Rockets. Everyone is funny, the show is wholesome, and Ruby has a wonderful singing voice! I love it!!!
Rena Moretti

Alhambra, CA

#13 Aug 22, 2009
BHM wrote:
SAdly, ABC Family apprently decided to torpedo The Middleman immediately after deciding to greenlight it.

In one of those incomprehensible changes of heart, ABC Family consistently failed to promote the show properly (the ridiculous posters are but one example of its complete lack of understanding or willful sabotage of that show).

Usually this denotes a major falling out with the creator/producers of a show.

Anyone knows more about that?

Personally, this was the only show I ever watched on ABC Family and I now blissfully zap past it when flipping through channels.

It's too bad because that show could have helped them reach outside of their current relatively succesful but awfully limited formula (at least it's better than SeeFee that had sunk to misleading people on their ratings so as to pretend they're doping great).
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#14 Aug 23, 2009
"Doping great," huh? Well, considering some of the dreck that keeps coming out of Siffy, I supposed there has to be something in the way of illegal substances floating around the creative department there.

:P
Rena Moretti

Alhambra, CA

#15 Aug 23, 2009
Aaron R wrote:
"Doping great," huh? Well, considering some of the dreck that keeps coming out of Siffy, I supposed there has to be something in the way of illegal substances floating around the creative department there.
:P
That would be a good excuse for the dreck they keep putting out (and I don't mean just their "we're #6 (if you exclude half the competition)" campaign of their "new gilded age" unintentionally revealing ad campaign for their Wizard of Oz remake)
Alyssa

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Sep 8, 2009
I must say that abc family shows are not kid friendly, but wonderful for teens. Teens, Enjoy!
Alyssa

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Sep 8, 2009
I love Ruby and the Rockits. The theme song is kinda dumb. Comment if you like this!
bon bon

Waterloo, Canada

#18 Sep 26, 2009
i love ruby and the rockets theyh need to make more videos
RuthE

Cape Coral, FL

#19 Sep 28, 2009
I love "Ruby & the Rockets" and the "10 Things I Hate About You" and it's funny because I am 47 & my son who is 16 loves the two shows also and we watch them together. I didn't know that they were just trial periods. I thought they were definite shows that would be on for weeks on end. Otherwise we would never have started watching the shows. It is very disappointing to start watching a show to have it cancelled when it is getting better with each episode. Finally 2 shows we both agree upon and then they are not on. We are both so disappointed and frustrated. We can't believe this happened. Please bring them back on TV asap, we don't care what channel, etc. We just want to see the shows. We hope to see them both on TV very soon. Otherwise we will not watch at all. We don't like the reality bulls.... Thank you.
marc jo-san aguinaldo

Philippines

#20 Dec 8, 2009
,You are very beautiful lex,Im from philippines;]mcjo_1991yahoo.co m

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Things I Hate About You Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Douglas: We must confront anti-Semitism Mar 20 Jaimie 12
10 Things I Hate About You Forum Mar 5 walkner 1
News Did the “Brokeback Mountain” movie curse strike... (Jan '08) Mar '14 Jeffersonglade 7
News Officials: Ledger Had Six Prescriptions (Jan '08) Oct '13 Alvin 10
News Casting Grid lists The Riddler as villain for B... (Jul '10) Jul '10 James 1
News Obama's sense of humor can disarm even his fier... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Thomas 1
Sound track in movie (Jan '10) Jan '10 Icons 1
More from around the web