NBC Series "The New Normal" Attracts ...

NBC Series "The New Normal" Attracts Controversy

There are 6 comments on the EDGE story from Sep 10, 2012, titled NBC Series "The New Normal" Attracts Controversy. In it, EDGE reports that:

TV viewers who remember the famous 1997 "coming out" episode of "Ellen," or even the debut of "Will & Grace" a year later, know that network television has come a long way in the depiction of gays and lesbians.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#1 Sep 10, 2012
OMG it's a TELEVISION show.

If you don't want to watch it - CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

Not rocket science here folks. You can choose NOT to watch the damn show if you don't want to watch.

For goodness sake must people lose their collective minds over every little thing?

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#2 Sep 10, 2012
The more the religious right complains about a show like The New Normal, the larger its audiance will be.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#3 Sep 10, 2012
This is why we have cable, wouldn't it be a hoot if they started airing RuPauls Drag race
aRodeoJock

Washington, DC

#4 Sep 10, 2012
Blocking TV shows today is not like it was in 1997. Back then, there were very few ways other than friends sending you a VCR tape in the mail to get to see what was banned.
Today, you can watch on a network's website, mobile device apps, illegally download shows... It's all just smoke and mirrors now. There is NOTHING that these stations can do now. We're far past the tipping point.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#5 Sep 10, 2012
I'm going to catch the debut tonight, guess that is why it is on at 10 EST. Some little kiddys might be offended; actually the kids would love it, it's the parents who can't handle it.

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#6 Sep 19, 2012
I wish they hadn't started the discrimination side so soon in the series (second episode).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sundance Film Festival Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ira Sachs, The agony and ecstasy of being label... Aug 10 Roscoe 18
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul '16 wormwood 2
News 2 transgender Democrats nominated in Western GO... Jun '16 TMI 7
News Police dog finds Utah boy who falls into manhole (Dec '14) Jun '16 CharleenHartley 19
News Lawmakers reject bill addressing adoptions by g... (Feb '16) Jun '16 uncle 2
News Bill to ban airport smoking soars through Senat... (Jan '16) Jun '16 Scrow Tumm 5
News Moose Running Loose at Utah Capitol Jun '16 Tom Selleck 9
More from around the web