Federal investigator visits site of fatal Utah air-tanker crash, scours debris field for clues

Jun 8, 2012 Full story: www.washingtonpost.com
An air tanker that crashed and killed two pilots fighting a wildfire in southern Utah was reduced to fragments that shed few clues about the accident’s cause, federal investigators said Wednesday.

The wreckage will be recovered within days for a closer look, said Debra Eckrote, deputy regional chief at the National Transportation Safety Board’s Seattle office.

“It’s heavily fragmented obviously,” Eckrote said Wednesday. “There was a lot of burn damage to the wreckage.”

Full Story

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Jun 8, 2012
More welfare for the west and south, paid for by the northeast and midwest.

Why does the Federal Government have to finance firefighting in these welfare pit states?

Why cannot Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and oter money pits pay for their own services?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sundance Film Festival Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 49 min DebraE 472
5 things to do in Utah during fall Sep 17 Qnique Quilter 1
Fatal police shooting in Utah fuels racial cont... Sep 16 Still on my High ... 1
Teacher Accidentally Shoots Herself in Leg at U... Sep 16 Still on my High ... 3
Henri Sisneros: Ferguson incident: It is unwise... Sep 9 Junglebunnerhunter 3
Liberals & Mormons (Mar '10) Sep 8 Peter 16
Mormon historical treasures go on display Sep 3 Kid_Tomorrow 1
•••

Sundance Film Festival People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••