2007 Yamaha C3 scooter

Full story: New Launches 708
The Yamaha C3 scooter seems to be an ideal choice it is powered by a 49cc liquid-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single; 3-valve engine which runs for a long time on 1.2 gallons of gas. Full Story
Jim

Streamwood, IL

#723 Jul 12, 2012
I have had my C3 for 5 going on six years now with 26,000 miles. It has been absolutely wonderful to ride in northern IN. I am a musician who does not make a lot of money, so to ride this 6 months out of the year helps me greatly with gas prices! Recently, it has been stalling out after running for awhile, I think it was due to the excessive heat and made the cycle vapor lock. After letting it set for awhile it would start right up again. Any thoughs?
Ringtail

Pekin, IL

#724 Jul 12, 2012
The C3 has a fuel injection. Very highly unlikely it is caused by vapor lock. A couple things you may look into.
#1 cas cap vents. Make sure they are clean and the thank is getting air. I laid my cas cap upside down in a bucket, sprayed it with brake cleaner. When the cleaner was running out the vents I knew they were clean.
#2 I had the same problem with a 50cc Vino, it was a short in the stator.
#3 Do you need a new plug? Loose plug wire?
Mark S

Maricopa, AZ

#725 Jul 12, 2012
Your fuel pump is going bad... $400 problem..
Oldtimer

Pekin, IL

#726 Jul 13, 2012
Check with Yamaha. Get the VIN and they can tell you if the fuel pump has been replaced. The 2007 or 2008 C3 had a fuel pump recall. I think it was the 2007 model.
Gabe

United States

#728 Jul 13, 2012
I just noticed that the website has posted a plea for money making it seenm like it's requiured to visit or join...Not So! Just ignore it and come visit! I'm the new Owner, and still figuring things out! That begging for money, "Welcome Screen," is soon to be gone! Gabe
Mark S

Maricopa, AZ

#729 Jul 13, 2012
Mine did exactly the same thing at 1500 miles... It was 2007 model year... I got my fuel pump replaced by Yamaha for free thanks to info from Gabe... But I seriously doubt Yamaha will give you a free fuel pump on a bike with 26,000 miles... The rep told me mine was covered because of the low mileage failure... Good luck... It's worth a try!!
Mark S

Maricopa, AZ

#730 Jul 13, 2012
Forgot to mention.... The local dealer performed a fuel pressure check and mine failed miserably.. The dealer reported the findings to Yamaha corporate and Yamaha corporate paid the dealer to complete the work... The combined cost parts and labor was $400 and the scooter was 4 years past warranty... If Yamaha corporate won't pay for the whole thing, maybe you can negotiate where you pay for the pump OR the labor... It was almost an even split according to the dealer at appx $200 ea.. Good luck..
Gabe

United States

#731 Jul 14, 2012
I rode my '07 model 80 miles yesterday, and passed 12,000 miles...Still has the original pump, and has never failed to start first time,every time, since new.The only thing I can think of to have caused this longivity, is when I first bought it I had the recall done to install that rubber boot around the pump, to keep it wet when the fuel level was low.Also,my fuel tank has been refilled at around a quarter tank indicated on the fuel gauge since then...Gabe
Chris

Morganton, NC

#732 Jul 21, 2012
Just bought the C3 today for fifty bucks off of a tow truck driver. Some dweeb tried to outrun the law on it. I was told that I would have to hot wire the ignition. When I opened the seat, there was the spare key! This thing is pushing 19,000 miles and runs like a champ. That is nineteen thousand everyone. Not a typo. I am now looking for a few body parts for it if anyone knows where I can find them, that would be helpful.
Gabe

United States

#733 Jul 21, 2012
Robert Neisen <neisenrc@yahoo.com> may have the body parts you need... Gabe
TonyinCT

Stamford, CT

#734 Sep 7, 2012
Motorcyclepartsdepot.com has a good selection of body parts.
Gabe

United States

#735 Sep 7, 2012
Thank You Tony! That's god to know about!
Gabe

United States

#736 Sep 7, 2012
That's, "Good" to know about!:) <G>
gary

Nashville, TN

#739 May 6, 2013
is it ok/safe to boost battery to start? are the c3's 12volt?
gabe502000

United States

#741 May 6, 2013
The C3 Scooter has a 12v electrical system & yes, you can jump it off, though it's far better to buy an inexpensive trickle charger at Harbor Freight, to keep your C3's sealed battery charged up for when you want to ride...
gabe502000

United States

#742 May 6, 2013
Tonight,I'm installing a 9,500rpm ECU I found recently onto my C3 Scooter. (Which has a Malossi Multivar Overange Variator, and a set of 130/90-10 tires...)I believe that 50+ mph may be possible...:) Gabe
ramiz

United States

#743 May 14, 2013
I just changed oil in my 07 c3. I used 10w 30. Now scooter doesnt start. Any idea what went wrong? I started it before changing the oil
gabe

United States

#744 May 14, 2013
On the right handlebar there's an Emergency Engine Kill Switch...Check it to see if by accident,you turned it on...
gabe

United States

#745 May 22, 2013
It doesn't matter how old your scooter is, how many miles is on the clock, if you bought it at a yard sale, or purchased it brand new...The ongoing Fuel Pump issues should have been dealt with by an Emergency Safety Recall the same as they did the Crankshaft/Connecting Rod problem...Now that it's getting hot outside again,if you're having starting, problems when cold, or after left outside in the sun...Or, if your scooter stops going down the road, or at a stop sign and may or may not restart...(800)962-7926 is the way to contact Yamaha Customer Relations with fuel pump issues...Call early in the morning 0600-1000hrs (Pacific Coast Time)& there's a lady supervisor working the phones that's aware of the history of the XF50 Scooter's Pump woes & has been authorizing pump replacement,(Parts & Labor)Have your vin# handy (It's behind the long skinny panel just in front and above your feet, when you're riding your scooter.) You have a MUCH better chance of success getting this work performed free of charge, calling this 800# FIRST and letting them contact a Dealer for you, than doing it the other way around! Gabe
gabe

United States

#746 May 22, 2013
ramiz wrote:
I just changed oil in my 07 c3. I used 10w 30. Now scooter doesnt start. Any idea what went wrong? I started it before changing the oil
I hope you hit the Kill Switch by accident & your scooter's working ok now...Gabe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yamaha Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
97 yamaha kodiak 400 (Jan '07) Dec 7 Corbin Burroughs 36
'82 Yamaha 650 maxim trouble (Jan '08) Nov '14 Jayskie 28
V Star Speedometer not working (Sep '07) Oct '14 HiCo 46
Motor Trike Announces Trike for Triumph Rocket ... Sep '14 BeHereNow 2
Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado Problem (Sep '09) Sep '14 Hogi 36
Whirring noise in transmission Aug '14 mike 1
Social Circle: Thoughts on Harley-Davidson moto... Aug '14 Martin boult 1
More from around the web