Front tire wear

Since: Sep 08

Everett washington

#1 Sep 22, 2008
OK, after 3000 miles through the Washington, Oregon, and northern Ca. backroads eg, Ca 49. I noticed the front tire was wearing on the left side of the tire as if in a constant 45 degree lean, and nearly treadless in that section of the tire and almost no wear on the right side. What would cause this?
william fox

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2008
The weight of the pipes causes the bike to lean slighlty to the left when balanced.
Hillbilly

United States

#3 May 24, 2009
All roads are supposed to have a crown made into them.This crown keeps the rain water from gathering. Both of your motorcycle tires have more tread being put to use on the left side.Everybody has the same problem...Now you get it? Hillbilly
Cyclone

United States

#4 May 24, 2009
Your rear axle could be adjusted wrong as well. This could cause wear on one side.
Darin Worten

Topeka, KS

#5 Jul 10, 2009
You might check the over-ride cultch.
TQMNSTR

Douglasville, GA

#6 Sep 3, 2009
Looking for first new front tire on 07 Jack Pot Dunlop Elite 3. Called the dealer and told me that it should have a radial tire. I have not found this to be true. I called several other dealers and was told the same. I called Dunlop and was informed that that tire did not exist in a radial. 90/90 21 54 H.Any help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victory Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
victory clutch (Mar '07) Apr 18 Chill Will 148
hand grabs Nov '17 tinr 1
Victory XC and XR engine closeouts (Oct '17) Oct '17 Ktfinch2009 1
Can you remove the Victory madallion from the tank (Nov '07) Apr '17 Woodstock 34
News Indian Partners With Zac Brown Band For U.S.O. ... (May '15) Mar '17 undertaker 3
2013 highball clutch pack readjustment? (Feb '17) Feb '17 woodworksbywes 1
News Polaris plans to drop unprofitable Victory Moto... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Steamer-Saginaw-MI 2