victory clutch
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
RAZ

East Weymouth, MA

#122 Apr 3, 2013
2012 Victory Vision, brought in for 500 mile checkup, specifically asked for the clutch to be checked, because bike is acting funny. They didn't. At 700 miles could not get above 30 miles an hour. Took it back to Victory and now its $1120 repair that the warranty won't cover. Said I must have ridden the clutch. I have been a rider since 1977 and have never burnt out a clutch. This is bullshit, am going to take them to court for faulty craftsmanship. Wish me luck. Dealership is MOM's South in Foxboro Mass.
salcar24

Staten Island, NY

#123 Apr 30, 2013
dave wrote:
clutch went out of my new victory with 1251 miles on it and polaris says it is normal wear and tear and is not covered under waranty
Mine just went in 1100 miles and they just told me the same thing and they want me to pay.
blvd boyz

United States

#124 Jun 5, 2013
I HAVE A 2012 CROSS COUNTRY TOURING AND IT HAS 2400 MILES AND THE CLUTCH JUST WENT OUT AND THE DEALER TELLING ME $750 TO REPLACE IT WTF SHOULD I DO ABOUT THIS
Kathy mc

United States

#125 Jun 25, 2013
Brett Garrett Arizona wrote:
<quoted text>well im glad you have had so much great luck with your vic, but im into mine for 30 k ,and cant ride yet factory not standing behind there product.
I have a 2007 and I can tell u riding in traffic pure hell on left hand. Clutch has been lubed adjusted, nothing helps. Owned in for two yrs and over 25000 miles later nothing has changed. Not Fun.
If u find a cure please let me no! Love it if I could get this fixed
greenbay joe

Canoga Park, CA

#126 Jul 17, 2013
Same problem, clutch went out on my 2013 Victory Cross Country at 1600 miles. Dealer said they will research with manufacturer if its covered or not?Something doesn't sound right with so many others having similar troubles. Should this constitute a recall?
off

Birmingham, UK

#127 Sep 11, 2013
victory hammer 4000 miles clutch slipping victory dont seem to care dont buy one
salcar24

Staten Island, NY

#128 Sep 12, 2013
blvd boyz wrote:
I HAVE A 2012 CROSS COUNTRY TOURING AND IT HAS 2400 MILES AND THE CLUTCH JUST WENT OUT AND THE DEALER TELLING ME $750 TO REPLACE IT WTF SHOULD I DO ABOUT THIS
They replaced my clutch free of charge on my bike. They originally tried yo get away with their rider error excuse but I fought the dealer and they got Polaris to pay for the parts and the dealer did the labor out of their goodwill policy. I found out later on from another Victory dealer that the reason the clutch burned up in 1100 miles is because the dealer never did the PDI properly, meaning they never double checked the internal adjustment of the clutch. The clutch lifter lever at the rear of the primary where the cable attaches to was installed at the factory at the wrong angle so even though the cable adjustment was perfect, the clutch was slightly dragging (engaged) all the time. The dealer is supposed to check that angle at the PDI.
salcar24

Staten Island, NY

#129 Sep 12, 2013
greenbay joe wrote:
Same problem, clutch went out on my 2013 Victory Cross Country at 1600 miles. Dealer said they will research with manufacturer if its covered or not?Something doesn't sound right with so many others having similar troubles. Should this constitute a recall?
They replaced my clutch free of charge on my bike. They originally tried yo get away with their rider error excuse but I fought the dealer and they got Polaris to pay for the parts and the dealer did the labor out of their goodwill policy. I found out later on from another Victory dealer that the reason the clutch burned up in 1100 miles is because the dealer never did the PDI properly, meaning they never double checked the internal adjustment of the clutch. The clutch lifter lever at the rear of the primary where the cable attaches to was installed at the factory at the wrong angle so even though the cable adjustment was perfect, the clutch was slightly dragging (engaged) all the time. The dealer is supposed to check that angle at the PDI.
ceedy

Gloucester, UK

#130 Sep 20, 2013
4000 miles victory hammer 2012 clutch gone dont buy one junk
Torkk

Kearny, NJ

#131 Oct 5, 2013
09 pin with 7500 miles now but since 5000 or so I get a screeching under load on take off and up shifts. They clutch looks fine and polaris dais the sound is normal. I asked a well known vic tech he said clutch is gone that they didn't look hard enough. Also the paint on the tank is bubbling up my dumb service writer told polaris that it didn't look like a manufacture defect, my paint guy says different. I told the dealer to f*** himself
quentin green

Phoenix, AZ

#133 Nov 27, 2013
RAZ wrote:
2012 Victory Vision, brought in for 500 mile checkup, specifically asked for the clutch to be checked, because bike is acting funny. They didn't. At 700 miles could not get above 30 miles an hour. Took it back to Victory and now its $1120 repair that the warranty won't cover. Said I must have ridden the clutch. I have been a rider since 1977 and have never burnt out a clutch. This is bullshit, am going to take them to court for faulty craftsmanship. Wish me luck. Dealership is MOM's South in Foxboro Mass.
Let me know, same problem on 2012 Vegas.
quentin green

Phoenix, AZ

#134 Nov 27, 2013
I've had my Vegas less than 2 years. Clutch failed at 12500 miles. Not covered by the extended warranty so I paid the 1k for the dealer to replace. The new clutch, I had replaced the whole basket, went out 3000 miles later. Dealership will not cover what is obviously a defective product. They want 1300 to fix it this time and they had the audacity to try and sell me a 2014 Vegas and trade mine in. No thanks, Polaris will never see another dime from me.
Jetmech514

Lynbrook, NY

#135 Dec 28, 2013
I have a 2013 Victory CC with 1700 miles on it and the clutch is fried according to the svc mgr at my dealership. Polaris/Victory refuses to cover the clutch because its a wear and tear item. This is my second vic. I traded in a 2004 TC for my 2013. I been riding for two decades and the way Victory customer svc treats its customers is appalling. So for me to get my bike fixed I will be out $800. I always talked up victory motorcycles. Especially to HD riders Now I'm the one who has nothing good to say from this point forward.
Neil K

Redondo Beach, CA

#136 Mar 17, 2014
Joe, I have a 2006 Hammer purchased new in early 2007. I'm on my third clutch cable. They keep breaking at the bottom connection...I've also been through 6 Regulator Rectifiers and two staters.....Polaris told me it's not their problem. The dealer told me they can't help...
Joe wrote:
We bought our '06 Hammer in March 2006. In March 2007, about a week out of warranty, our clutch cable broke. We had it replaced. Last night our new clutch cable broke - in the same place. I'm thinking 2 clutch cables in 2 months - or even 14 months - sounds like a manufacturing defect. I haven't heard about any recalls. Any body else have problems?
P-rather

United States

#137 Apr 28, 2014
I have 2008 kingpin, transmission locked up while on the road extended warranty covered transmission but won't cover clutch , bike has less than 5,000 miles , and they want $1100 for clutch , and labor!!I'm thinking they have some serious clutch and tranny problem . I've owned a lot of bikes and not impressed with this one !!
John

Cardiff, Australia

#139 May 25, 2014
My 2011 Vegas 8 ball would often have rear wheel lock-up and other crazy problems. I was to scared to ride it. Dealers in Sydney, Australia not interested, not talented and always lied.
I have had many motorcycles over thirty years and none were as bizarre as this bike.
I sold it with under 1200 miles. Never, ever touch a Polaris product again.
Laura smudzinski

United States

#141 Oct 18, 2014
My 2008 kingpin tour clutch cable broke this yr had almost 18,000 miles on it everyone that has had the same problem why was their no recall cost over $200.00 to fix and get a clutch saver a $100.00 looks like victory dealers could have at least not charged labor to fix a problem that should be a recall I just hope this $100.00 cluck saver does the trick
L L M

Meadow Vista, CA

#142 Feb 24, 2015
Joe wrote:
We bought our '06 Hammer in March 2006. In March 2007, about a week out of warranty, our clutch cable broke. We had it replaced. Last night our new clutch cable broke - in the same place. I'm thinking 2 clutch cables in 2 months - or even 14 months - sounds like a manufacturing defect. I haven't heard about any recalls. Any body else have problems?
The clutch is the problem I bet.
Ditch

Madison, TN

#143 Jun 8, 2015
Ya at just under 13,000 miles my clutches have to be changed. And same thing they told me normal were and tear.
Mtstahl

United States

#144 Aug 13, 2015
Gill wrote:
<quoted text> Been having same problem with 06 jackpot. Bought what is called easyclutch from www.victoryonly.com and what a difference. its an extention on clutch arm comming out of back of primary rear. part is only $65 plus ship. solved my problem
I have a 2005 Vegas. Have gone through three or four clutch cables. Started soldering the end on my own. Eventually went to a heavier cable without the Teflon lining. Lasted 20000 + but eventually broke. Recently I drilled a larger hole in the clutch handle where the barrel rests and put a steel sleeve in because the aluminum was wearing a groove and made the hole oblong stopping it from correctly pivoting. They all have broken at the pivot point in the handle. I just might try the easy assist thing to. I have 80,000 miles on my bike now, absolutely love it. Let a friend write it yesterday on a 300 mile ride. When he got off he just said WOW! that brings a whole new meaning to the fun gauge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victory Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
voltage regulator (Jul '09) Jan '16 ridin8ball 16
News Harley-Davidson Is Taking Steps To Reverse Its ... Dec '15 glasspilot 4
News Indian Partners With Zac Brown Band For U.S.O. ... (May '15) May '15 Slowtire 1
News 2015 Ridin' On The Ridge (May '15) May '15 easy 1
Like ability (Jun '14) May '15 92 sport cruiser 2
News Polaris Acquires Electric Motorcycle Manufactur... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Solarman 1
News How Indian and Victory Could Outrace Harley-Dav... (Nov '13) Oct '14 bay1943 9
More from around the web