victory clutch
delrich

Delta, Canada

#101 Jul 16, 2011
got an 05 Vegas Cory Ness in 06.after 5 years 14000 km and no maintenance on cable, it broke. only thing pissing me off is having to wait 2 weeks for a new one. why don't the dealers stock them? they said Polaris cables are inferior and would order me a Barnett cable. P.S. love the bike!!!!!!!!!!
walt

Elizabethtown, KY

#102 Jul 23, 2011
i have 05 hammer,clutch cabble broke, i replaced it .it broke again yesterday after 1500 miles ,cant believe it ,im pissed.112.00 bucks wasted.
walt

Elizabethtown, KY

#103 Jul 27, 2011
my 05 victory hammer clutch cable broke for the 2nd time this one less than 1500 miles .pissed off i went to the napa auto parts store and bought a cable stop 3/8 diameter,here is a good quick fix that woked for me.mine broke right at the little barrel connector on the clutch handle.i pulled the cable out at the clutch arm,reversed it and fed it through the cable tube,make sure you feed it through the handle bar housing first,sending the broke end douwn to the clutch arm.i then losend the cable tension nut and put on the cable stop fitting.it cost me 3.50 for two all riders get you one you will need it sooner than later,ps i still like my hammer, ride on walt.ps maker sure you get it right the fist time
Gill

Lethbridge, Canada

#104 Jul 28, 2011
walt wrote:
i have 05 hammer,clutch cabble broke, i replaced it .it broke again yesterday after 1500 miles ,cant believe it ,im pissed.112.00 bucks wasted.
Check your handle for a sharp edge where your cable meets the handle. when you engage the clutch the cable can rub on a sharp corner of the handle.You can also get whats called easyclutch from www.victoryonly.com it extends the arm on the primary cover making it easy to pull clutch. good luck
William of Omaha

Omaha, NE

#105 Aug 2, 2011
It's really too bad some of you are having issues with your bikes. I drive an 07 Vegas and I drive it hard with ZERO problems. Change the oil, lube the cables, adjusted the drive belt and just got two new tires .... all standard stuff. 10K miles and still drives like new! Thanks for making great bikes Polaris!
Digger

Englewood, OH

#106 Sep 6, 2011
Does any know if a clutch assist would help, to stop clutch cable snapping.
Sean

Bertram, TX

#107 Sep 30, 2011
I have heard mixed reviews for the clutch assist. My experience has been to opt for the Barnett Cable. I have an 08 Kingpin Tour, replaced the first Vic cable at 11K, broke at the Lever, second Vic cable at 19.5K, broke at the Transmission, purchased the Barnett Cable. Currently at 32K with no signs of wear on the cable ends. 3 year old bike with 32K, and this is my only issue. Love the bike, rides like it day the day I took it off the showroom floor.
fireman doug

San Antonio, TX

#108 Oct 15, 2011
have an 06 jackpot, has 8300 miles and broke my 2nd clutch cable. stock one lasted until 5500 miles and a barnett replacement just broke and left me and my wife stranded on the side of the rode. The first time it broke at the end of my driveway(GOT LUCKY). My bike is bad ass and love it to death. just got back from Hot Springs, Arkansas rally. Drove 1400 miles and bike worked perfect. but if it breaks 900 miles from home this is a very difficult situation for a victory motorcycle rider with limited dealers to service. I dont care what some of you say about poor maintanence. this is a design flaw, plain and simple. It happens too often and too many bikes are affected. If this happens again to me and my family, I will not own a victoy motorcycle anymore. you have to know that you can get somewhere and return without being disabled on the side of the road. Victory needs to get off there ass and fix this problem,and it has nothing to do with oiling your cable. what b.s.
Gill

Peace River, Canada

#109 Oct 15, 2011
Broken clutch cable on side of road is a real pain but I now carry a pair of visegrips with me on road trips. Have used them to get me home. You snap the pliers on the clutch lever on primary cover side and hand clutch it. It takes a little getting used to but it gets you home. Dont throw away a good bike because of a design flaw, it happens. Got no more problems since I installed a clutch assist from victorysonly.com
Gill

Peace River, Canada

#110 Oct 15, 2011
I carry a pair of visegrips with me on roadtrips. if clutch cable breaks and it did once, I simply snapped pliers on clutch arm on primary side and handclutch the bitch. It takes a little getting used to but it gets you home. Ride on
D Johnson

Buford, GA

#111 Jan 16, 2012
2004 kingpin Crap am on my 4th clutch cable mine snaps at the controls nice and clean snap but the fctory clams its a mamtance issue yet the dealer in cumming Ga is the one that preforms all my mantance??? any one try out the triumph thunder bird??? Dont want or need a bike i cant trust thanks DJ
D Johnson

Buford, GA

#112 Jan 16, 2012
kingpin crap on 4th clutch cable keeps snaping at the lever factory claims ist a maintenance problem only problem with that is the Delaership in Cumming Ga is the one doing the maintenance???? Think the factory is liveing in a make beleve world. they have a problem with clutch cable failure. thanks DJ
TREVN

Langley, Canada

#113 Apr 15, 2012
Wow, if you own and ride your bike there will be things that break and will need to be replaced. I ride my 05 8Ball i bought brand new and have had a jockey shift(foot clutch) on it and have 20,000 km. i broke my cabe at the end of last riding season, no other problems but now my clutch is gone(foot clutch) my bad. I wouldnt complain too much, i ride with Harley riders that have bought brand new Harleys and have way more problems than any other victory owners i know.
I'v owned a few bikes in my time and every one has had things that go wrong.Fix it and ride it.
crowe

Pasadena, TX

#114 Sep 13, 2012
Bike has nokick start at all u r fullof shit
Philip W wrote:
Now my 2004 Kingpin wont start. Came back from a long ride. Tried to start up my bike two days later and nothing - thought it might be my battery so I charged that - still nothing. Took the battery off and got a new one. Still nothing. "Kicked Started" the bike and let it idle for 30-40 seconds - then tried to give it some gas - the bike stalled out. Called the dealership to ask them for advice. Their response was bring it in... interesting. Did I mention it doesnt start. "Oh yeah" well, they asked, "Can you trail it in" Sure, can I use the dealerships' trailer cause I dont have one. "No. We just sold it". G R E A T. I hate to be negative about my experience - but who does this to customers: sells a bike that isnt built well and then literally, strands their customers. Is there a "Lemon Law" for motorcycles? I think I have a Lemon.
Daryl-

Sydney, Australia

#115 Nov 1, 2012
I had a vegas 8 ball that i purchased in Sydney NSW Australia. Worst motorcycle i have ever owned and i copped a lot of shit from the dealerships who were not prepared to ( honestly) fix it. I mean that they were not serious and only offered band-aid solutions to the various problems. I had far more knowledge about motorcycles then these ridiculous sales people that would always lie as their first alternative. Crap bike, crap company.
Gill

Grande Prairie, Canada

#116 Nov 2, 2012
check your hand lever. have found sharp corner where cable connects to lever. cable rubs on corner untill it snaps. everything works just fine on a computer screen, ask any engineer, then again they wont listen.
larry sc

Seneca, SC

#117 Jan 30, 2013
has any one had a problem with the alternator on a 2011 victory vison, i have replaced two.
sideshow

Hialeah, FL

#118 Mar 5, 2013
who is a good supplier of clutch cables for 2000 v92c. having some trouble locating one in a hurry.
thanks for any help
Don Q

Woods Cross, UT

#119 Mar 8, 2013
pete wrote:
<quoted text> I Have an 05 hammer and my clutch cable just broke this morning on my way to work. and have had to many other problems.
replace it with Barnett cable haven't had any problems with their Teflon coated cables, all cables will eventually fail where they bend at the ball on the ends. But the Teflon moves more freely so it lengthens their lifespan. Also keep them lubed even Teflon needs a little help. Takes 30 min to lube them at the beginning of the summer when you do the oil change & maintenance.
Don Q

Woods Cross, UT

#120 Mar 8, 2013
Just put 18 inch Apes on my 01 V92 Mistress Vicky they look SWEET !! Installed Barnetts cables lengthened wiring. Rides like a dream !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victory Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indian Partners With Zac Brown Band For U.S.O. ... May '15 Slowtire 1
News 2015 Ridin' On The Ridge May '15 easy 1
Like ability (Jun '14) May '15 92 sport cruiser 2
News Polaris Acquires Electric Motorcycle Manufactur... Jan '15 Solarman 1
News How Indian and Victory Could Outrace Harley-Dav... (Nov '13) Oct '14 bay1943 9
News Biketoberfest roars to life in Daytona Beach an... (Oct '14) Oct '14 hummingbirddraago... 4
Victory emblem on tank (Sep '14) Oct '14 92SC Fla 2
More from around the web