victory clutch
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
dave

Dyersville, IA

#1 Mar 29, 2007
clutch went out of my new victory with 1251 miles on it and polaris says it is normal wear and tear and is not covered under waranty
don

United States

#2 Mar 31, 2007
B.S.! Normal wear should last a lot longer the 1251 mi.!
Contact the Better Buisness Bureau and fill a comlant.
don

United States

#3 Mar 31, 2007
Contact the Better Buisness Bureau, and fill a complant. They will steer you in the right derection.
don

United States

#4 Mar 31, 2007
dave wrote:
clutch went out of my new victory with 1251 miles on it and polaris says it is normal wear and tear and is not covered under waranty
Contact the better buisness bureau, and fill a complant. They will steer you in the right direction.
Joel

Saint Petersburg, FL

#5 May 2, 2007
dave wrote:
I have just over 89,000 miles on my '01 Victory... same clutch. You tell the dealer that you will be contacting your lawyer if they don't take care of your new bike.
Joe

Cincinnati, OH

#6 May 23, 2007
We bought our '06 Hammer in March 2006. In March 2007, about a week out of warranty, our clutch cable broke. We had it replaced. Last night our new clutch cable broke - in the same place. I'm thinking 2 clutch cables in 2 months - or even 14 months - sounds like a manufacturing defect. I haven't heard about any recalls. Any body else have problems?
Roland of Lacey WA

AOL

#7 Jun 10, 2007
Pull to the side for a ater break. Got back out on a hill and no let out. A semi almost kiss me. Plates where grinded down trying to make it to a safe point for tow. The issue was the cable had no play, Come 2100 miles. Dealer at most of the cost for labor but part on me. I call my lawer, he said let it go but track any reoccurace of the problem.
Don H

Austin, TX

#8 Jun 23, 2007
Any one know of an aftermarket clutch for a 2005 kingpin? I do not think the factory clutck is a quality product. I am tired of Polaris diognosing the problems with my bike over the phone from Minisota to Texas. They havent a klue.
Larry Hammond

Nashville, TN

#9 Jul 3, 2007
Joe wrote:
We bought our '06 Hammer in March 2006. In March 2007, about a week out of warranty, our clutch cable broke. We had it replaced. Last night our new clutch cable broke - in the same place. I'm thinking 2 clutch cables in 2 months - or even 14 months - sounds like a manufacturing defect. I haven't heard about any recalls. Any body else have problems?
Check the inside of the clutch lever , you will find a small channel where the cable runs thru ( you do not have to disassemble just shine a light up in that area). At the inside where the cable ball is, the channel has a sharp edge. Every time you pull the clutch lever that sharp edge "CUTS" your cable. Your correct a "FACTORY DESIGN" problem. It's unreal how many people have posted about this and they don't even know the real source of the problem.
Best Regards
Larry
PS: VICTORY -----( I hate to say that because it will make it harder for me to sell my '04 TC Deluxe. Clutch cable replaced at 16,000 miles and the lever fixed. 20K miles and the belt broke. 25K miles and the rear wheel bearings failed. A friend in parts said this is normal for the TC and other models. Found NTN 6204 LLBC3/L627 bearings for $6.50 ea. 6204 2RSJ is the correct number.)
Don H

Austin, TX

#10 Aug 19, 2007
Their have recently been two dealers that have discontunioed selling Victory, One in Houston where a friend of mine baught his Vegas, and one in New Bruanfuels, where I bought my Kingpin. In New Bruanfuels they actually told me that they had no choice because Victory did not stand behind their motorcycle and it was giving the dealership a bad reputation. I sold mine before anything else could break and baught a Honda VTX 1800. I love it.
Jon b

United States

#11 Aug 19, 2007
Just picked up 07 kingpin love how she handles but with two up the suspension makes a weird noise
Tom Mc

Sun City Center, FL

#12 Aug 30, 2007
Jon b wrote:
Just picked up 07 kingpin love how she handles but with two up the suspension makes a weird noise
The two up creates more weight, hence what you hear is the belt being rubbed on when you probably hit a dip or swell in the road.
Your dealer may want to take the cover off and grind down the screw area to compensate for this.
Matt L

Port Angeles, WA

#13 Aug 31, 2007
From Chicago. Clutch Cable went out in May out in North Carolina near the Tail of the Dragon. Replaced it out there. Have every cable but that with me and I'm in Port Angeles, WA. Cable just went out again. This is getting old.
Hog2Victory

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2007
I have not heard of this happening, I`ve owned mine for about a year & put a little over 11.000 trouble free miles on mine with the orgininal cable. It still looks great, no signs of fray or cuts in it. I ride with abour 15 other Vic riders no problems. I periodicly lube the cable & grease the barrell in the lever. It sucks such a new part seemingly having failure so soon. I carry a spare cable & barrell in my saddle bags. IMHO, Victory has some of the best made & dependable bikes on the road.
Matt L

Port Angeles, WA

#15 Sep 1, 2007
I for a round trip journey around the country the first week of August and brought it into the dealer for an overall inspection days before I left. No problems except a kink in the throttle cable. Replaced that and kept the other one. I actually had every cable other than the clutch because it was so new. Outside of this problem, I love my Kingpin. Over 21000 miles and this is the only problem.
Hog2Victory wrote:
I have not heard of this happening, I`ve owned mine for about a year & put a little over 11.000 trouble free miles on mine with the orgininal cable. It still looks great, no signs of fray or cuts in it. I ride with abour 15 other Vic riders no problems. I periodicly lube the cable & grease the barrell in the lever. It sucks such a new part seemingly having failure so soon. I carry a spare cable & barrell in my saddle bags. IMHO, Victory has some of the best made & dependable bikes on the road.
Philip W

United States

#16 Sep 11, 2007
Its like I stumbled across a fraternity. I have had nothing but trouble with my 2004 Victory Kingpin. My clutch went out with only 46 miles on it! I took it back to the dealership. They went to bat for me and fixed the problem for free - Victory corporate told me that I had burnt the clutch out and that it was my fault (i.e. not covered by the warranty). I have lost all faith in Victory as a company. Everytime someone asks me, "Would you recommend getting a Victory" I say get anything but. How in the world JD Powers ranked them so high I will never know - makes me wonder about those ratings now.
Philip W

United States

#17 Sep 11, 2007
Now my 2004 Kingpin wont start. Came back from a long ride. Tried to start up my bike two days later and nothing - thought it might be my battery so I charged that - still nothing. Took the battery off and got a new one. Still nothing. "Kicked Started" the bike and let it idle for 30-40 seconds - then tried to give it some gas - the bike stalled out. Called the dealership to ask them for advice. Their response was bring it in... interesting. Did I mention it doesnt start. "Oh yeah" well, they asked, "Can you trail it in" Sure, can I use the dealerships' trailer cause I dont have one. "No. We just sold it". G R E A T. I hate to be negative about my experience - but who does this to customers: sells a bike that isnt built well and then literally, strands their customers. Is there a "Lemon Law" for motorcycles? I think I have a Lemon.
sgtveeusmc

New York, NY

#18 Sep 18, 2007
Joe wrote:
I have a 05 Hammer and replaced the clutch cable in two years, dealer says there's nothing he can do, bullshit, its a manufactures defect...
sgtveeusmc

New York, NY

#19 Sep 18, 2007
I have a '05 Hammer with over 16,000 miles and replaced the clutch cable in the last two years, the dealer says theres nothing he can do, bullshit, its a manufactures defect...
Ron

Houston, TX

#20 Sep 23, 2007
Sounds like a bunch of dumb ass whiners. Victory is a very well built and reliable Motorcycle. It of course cannot compensate for stupidity and lack of maintenance, ie periodic clutch adjustment. Also victory has a good track record of standing behind their bikes, but its a easy out for a loser of a dealer to blame the factory.
Cant handle the big stuff? Ride a MoPed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Victory Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indian Partners With Zac Brown Band For U.S.O. ... (May '15) Oct '16 Justin 2
Can you remove the Victory madallion from the tank (Nov '07) Aug '16 Juliec 33
voltage regulator (Jul '09) Jan '16 ridin8ball 16
News Harley-Davidson Is Taking Steps To Reverse Its ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 glasspilot 4
News 2015 Ridin' On The Ridge (May '15) May '15 easy 1
Like ability (Jun '14) May '15 92 sport cruiser 2
News Polaris Acquires Electric Motorcycle Manufactur... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Solarman 1
More from around the web