Buying a 99 ural tourist

United States

#1 Jun 1, 2010
I'm considering buying a 99 ural tourist. I have a couple of questions I read once on a forum I now can not find that the 99 was a 650cc they also said that these were notorious if you lugged them you could lose the crank. On this bike it seems like it is so high geared that it seems impossible not to somewhat lug it. Also I had read that in 99 they had put a larger alternator on this year, the one I am looking at the blinkers come on but do not flash is that a sign of an alternator not working. The seller had it ready to go when I got there but he didn't have much time, so I was wondering if he could of thrown a battery charger on it for a short time before I arrived. What should I know before purchasing it has 4350 Kilometers on it I think. I also read on a forum that the speedometer is in MPH however the odometer is in KMH. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ural Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eagles Thread.. (Oct '08) Jan '18 --IslandGurL-- 765
Flasher will not work ? Oct '17 Jimmy 4
New kid on the block (Sep '17) Sep '17 Crawdaddy 13
Fuel (Sep '17) Sep '17 Crawdaddy 5
Cruise control (Sep '17) Sep '17 Crawdaddy 1
Stuck Oil Filter (Jul '17) Jul '17 heloise 2
Ural Shifting (Jul '07) Jul '17 Evil Betty 13