Ural Dalesman 750 has no compression on the left hand side.

Posted in the Ural Motorcycle Forum

Smudge

London, UK

#1 Aug 10, 2011
Can anyone suggest what could be the problem. There are no unusual sounds suggesting that anything is broken?

Since: Dec 10

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2011
What have you done to diagnose this? How do you know it's the left cylinder? What are the symptoms? Have you adjusted the valves? Is the bike still on warranty?

It could be all sorts of things. Maybe a hung up valve. If it is, it's most likely the exhaust valve.

Try taking the left valve cover off. Is everything in place - especially the rocker arms? Remove both spark plugs, and use the kick starter to crank the engine over with the ignition off. Are the push rods moving? Are the valve stems going up and down?

Since: Dec 10

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2011
This is why I hate to post here. I tried to help Smudge out with fixing his problem, and he never even acknowledges that he got the message. It's just plain rude! And it's typical here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ural Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of purchasing a Ural for a long road t... (Jul '11) Sep 27 Tree 9
2014 vs 2013 Ural (Dec '13) Sep 22 Tree 5
Interested in trading 04 Road King Custom for U... (Mar '13) Sep 18 Tree 2
engine oil leaks (Jan '10) Sep 17 heloise 4
Eagles Thread.. (Oct '08) May '14 Maverick 808 760
Uraling to the Summit of Mount Evans, Summer 2012 (Aug '12) May '14 Dale 2
Standard 2004 petcock Apr '14 Dave R 1

Ural Motorcycle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE