Stoutimore

Dallas, TX

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Newbie here. My last bike was a 650 Triumph that I sold in about 1972. I'm considering buying a Ural. Some come with a mounted spare, some without. I wonder how often anyone actually changes the spare. It looks cool, but it's unnecessary weight if rarely used, and a patch kit weighs a lot less. Does the spare fit all three wheels?
heloise

De Soto, MO

#2 Jun 26, 2012
Does the spare tire fit all three wheels? Well, what year Ural are you contemplating? Several years ago Ural started using a hydraulic front disk brake. The spare will not fit the front of those bikes.

How often is the spare actually used? Rarely. It's a good place to keep a mounted tire for when one of the others gets slick, and it could come in handy in a pinch. But, practically never.

it seems you're thinking of weight and performance. If so, a Ural is not for you. These are slow, smell the roses bikes. If youu want performance, get a sport bike.

Heloise

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ural Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
engine oil leaks (Jan '10) Oct '14 heloise 6
Thinking of purchasing a Ural for a long road t... (Jul '11) Sep '14 Tree 9
2014 vs 2013 Ural (Dec '13) Sep '14 Tree 5
Interested in trading 04 Road King Custom for U... (Mar '13) Sep '14 Tree 2
Eagles Thread.. (Oct '08) May '14 Maverick 808 760
Uraling to the Summit of Mount Evans, Summer 2012 (Aug '12) May '14 Dale 2
Standard 2004 petcock (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dave R 1
More from around the web