Flyscooters Il Bello
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AZ Ohio

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2008
Does anyone have an info about the Il Bello by Flyscooters? It appears as though they have strict quality control, but I've heard some negative things about buying scooters made in China.
mintyleaf

San Francisco, CA

#2 Aug 24, 2008
I started with that scooter, and moved on to a Flyscooters Cadenza once I started commuting longer distances in the city.

I suggest researching more on Scoot Dawg forum.

I personally find that Flyscooters are a better bike than most Chinese made scooters. The difference btw Flys and other scooters assembled in China, is the quality of the parts they put INTO the scooter, plus Flyscooters has strong after sales support from dealers and available parts.
Bigred1

Nanticoke, PA

#3 Sep 6, 2008
Has anyone had any nightmares dealing with atvdiscount.com ? The only way to communicate with scooter problems is through this ticket system that never gets answered. When I finally talked to them they said the person in charge had been terminated and they would try and help. Then they send me a speedometer cable to fix a fuel gauge that isnt working? Customer service does not seem to be a strength for them.
Danny

Boston, MA

#4 Sep 7, 2008
I've owned one for 4 weeks now and I'm impressed. It looks fantastic and accelerates better than I ever expected.
Handles well and is surprising the way it takes bumps for a small wheel scoot.
With all the improvements Fly pays for at the factory I'm confident it will last a long time. You can just feel it!
eric

Portland, OR

#5 Oct 4, 2008
I bought an il bello in July and i have 1200 miles on it. I live in Portland, Or. and have been very happy with its handeling in the city and also the rain and wind. Its a very good entry level scooter and great for day to day functions. The only issues i've had are with my front brakes that were completly replaced in my warranty. I did change out my roller wieghts from 14 grams to 10 grams and have noticed a considerable difference in both acceleration and speed. I also had my mechanic take out all of my emmisions crap that came with it, my scooter still runs cleaner than the 94 Mitsubishi Montero i was driving. I know people that have the same model of scoot under a different manufacture than me and have major problems with them with a crap warranty. It is no vespa but it isn't 5 grand either. You get what you pay for with chinese scoots. In my oppinon it is a honda, cheap and very reliable.
ray kauai hawaii

Honolulu, HI

#6 Oct 19, 2008
Anyone know where I can purchase a high performance exhaust for my flyscooter 49cc il bello?
larry anthony

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Dec 7, 2008
has anyone had a problem with scooter engine stopping while traveling? my scooter freguently stalls while operating. also is there a list of local maintanence mechanics.
thank you larry anthony
Stu

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Dec 14, 2008
Several things can cause a scooter to stop running. Check the vacuum lines for any leaks or cracks that might either cause a lean condition, or cause the (vacuum operated) fuel pump and/or fuel valve to stop working. Another cause could be a faulty electrical connection to the electric choke causing a overly rich condition. Remove and check the sparkplug. If the tip is sooty-black, it's definitely the choke. IME, these are the most frequent causes of running issues with Asian import scooters.
Stu

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Dec 14, 2008
Bigred1 wrote:
Has anyone had any nightmares dealing with atvdiscount.com ? The only way to communicate with scooter problems is through this ticket system that never gets answered. When I finally talked to them they said the person in charge had been terminated and they would try and help. Then they send me a speedometer cable to fix a fuel gauge that isnt working? Customer service does not seem to be a strength for them.
When it comes to Chinese imports, there are no requirements set for the dealer by the manufacturer. This can be a good way for an honest person to establish a foothold in the motorcycle industry, but it also leaves the door wide open for many unscrupulous fly-by-night vendors to make a quick buck. Lots of them don't even have a reliable experienced mechanic to service the scooters properly after the sale, and most established motorcycle shops won't touch them. The good news is that if you can get the parts, just about any small engine or lawnmower shop can fix them.
The problem with parts is that some manufacturers will only ship the dealer whatever parts they have on hand. One time, I got a full crate of speedometers when I was desperate for cylinders, pistons, drivetrain components, and gaskets. When I asked them to ship the parts I needed, they told me to "Buy more scooters", and part them out.
NashBill

Madison, TN

#10 Feb 20, 2009
I recently purchased a 2008 il Bello (limited edition) 150cc from a dealer here in Nashville (Red Dog Scooters). I LOVE it. It rides great, has awesome get up and go. Overall it is a very fun scooter to ride. I can't get enough of it. And it's very cool looking too.
Jerry

Hillsboro, OR

#11 Feb 23, 2009
I also recently purchased an Il Bello from Flyscooters. I have to say thus far I am impressed. The only other scooter I owned before was a Geely and it was a piece of junk. I live it Portland, Oregon so unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to ride it as much as I would like to mainly because I'm not hardcore enough to ride it in the rain! I would like to get another 5 mph out of it though.
Dolly

Newton, AL

#12 Apr 18, 2009
My brother Jack purchased a ill Bello Flyscooter with 300 miles on it...we now have almost 700 miles with absolutely NO issues. This scooter handles like a dream!!! It corners very well, and has great accleration..I am a senior citizen 62 yrs old and 163 lbs and got it up to a top speed of 65mph and that was not at full throttle. However, I am uncomfortable at that speed on 10" wheels, but it rode smooth and powerful feeling.
I would buy this scooter again as we both like it so much. It handles a crusing speed of 55mph with my Brother is 260lbs, 6'3" but would not recommend extended traveling with that weight and at that crusing speed etc, but the scooter will handle that speed.
I call the scooter, "CherryScoot" and it is a flashy looking scooter that generates a lot of public questions and interest whenever I take it out for a ride.It is avery enjoyable scoot!Dolly in Scottsboro, Al.
VisHaw283

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Apr 28, 2009
Hey Numbnuts,

There's this contest where you have to upload a video of your current crappy means of transportation and explain why you deserve a new scooter from Flyscooters.

Check out my entry, and vote for me

if.net/contests/general/128 8591?cid=1471021

Thanks,
Cammie
Desrtdove

United States

#14 Sep 15, 2009
AZ Ohio wrote:
Does anyone have an info about the Il Bello by Flyscooters? It appears as though they have strict quality control, but I've heard some negative things about buying scooters made in China.
I purchased a 2008 150cc Il Bello Flyscooter and absolutely love it!! I rode it for almost a year as my main mode of travel. Lots of pep, safe and reliable. I did mega research before buying it and found it to be a great scooter for less money than the Italian models. There are many Chinese scooters, however this is an American company manufacturing in China.....excellent to work with. I've spoken with the owners personally...great guys, great scooter, great cost!! BTW, lost my job and now am selling mine :( Good luck!!
KokomoJoe

Rock Island, IL

#15 Sep 15, 2009
The Il Bello Fly scooter motor scooter is assembled in China using parts sourced from China, Japan, Taiwan, and the United States. As I understand, it is only available through physical dealers, not via the internet. It has good ratings. The Il Bello Fly Scooter "50cc" performance (mpg and top speed), size, and price, is about the same as the Yamaha Classic and Honda Met.
Mary

Pasadena, CA

#16 Jun 9, 2010
I'm curious to know some realistic pricing on the Il Bello 150. I've seen NEW 2009's for $1,399. The NEW 2010 models are out right now for a price of $1,899. I ran the KBB Value for a NEW 2009 and it came up as $1,109. I haven't price used. I'm not really interested in used because I'm not much of a mechanic. Does anyone have any feedback as far as a price on these vehicles?? Do the dealers negotiate pricing on these?? Any suggestions would be great. I just don't want a dealer to take advantage of me. Thank you in advance.
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#17 Jun 10, 2010
Mary. Some dealers add a prep and re-stocking cost to the scooter to get it ready for re-sale. This could add $200-$300 to the selling price. I would avoid those dealers that do this. These costs are normal operating costs and should not be passed on to the buyer. The price you can negotiate on a scooter depends on many factors. Supply and demand, where you live, reputation of the dealer, and the product they are selling, etc etc. In 2007 and 2008, scooters where high in demand, so most dealers did not make deals. It is not that way today. Many dealers have overstocks, so you should be a able to negotiate. But keep in mind that dealer profits on a scooter are not nearly as high as on a car or truck. Also you living in Ca where scooters are more popular than here in IL will influence the price. The brand will also influence price. Chinese scooters are cheap because they are cheaply made. Japanese and Taiwanese, and European scooters are more expensive because they are better quality scooters.
Mary

Pasadena, CA

#18 Jun 18, 2010
Thank you for the advice. I've been researching scooters for quite some time. I only want to get a good deal. I've seen that a New 2009 is going for $1,399 a new 2010 is $1,899. I've seen used 2009's going for $1,000 with any miles up to 1,250. The problem is, I'm not the best when it comes to motorcycle mechanics. So I'm not sure that a used scooter is such a good option for me.
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#19 Jun 19, 2010
A used scooter can be a good deal. 1250 miles on a scooter is just break in mileage. I have over 3,500 miles on my Yammy and it runs better than ever. If you do decide to buy a used one, buy from a reputable dealer who will service and repair the scooter. There may even be some warranty left on a 2009 scooter. Do not buy from an internet distributor. They do not service or repair the scooters they sell. Many don't even honor the warranty.
Ian

Plant City, FL

#20 Oct 27, 2010
larry anthony wrote:
has anyone had a problem with scooter engine stopping while traveling? my scooter freguently stalls while operating. also is there a list of local maintanence mechanics.
thank you larry anthony
check for air restrictor plug on carb. this need to be drilled out and the carb needs to be readjusted. i had the same problem one my 50cc il bello(just 140 miles. hard to start and dying at lights. i just had the air restrictor plug removed and carb resdjusted. runs great now and starts right up. i was told by tech that this should be part of pdi check at dealer..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scooters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scooter not getting gas (Oct '11) Dec 9 annia45 43
Question about my clutch Nov 16 Etonbeamer3 1
cranks but wont start (Jul '10) Nov 14 Felicia 157
Roketa Bali 250cc scooter (Sep '09) Nov '17 CharlesC 24
no title for scooter (Mar '09) Oct '17 Joe212292 112
49cc 2 stroke engine scooter has no spark. Help! (Aug '10) Oct '17 Amazen720 20
Bbk information Sep '17 RayJ 2
More from around the web