scooter not starting
jeremy

Gastonia, NC

#1 Sep 22, 2012
so my scooter is turning over but will not fully run . but turns over like a champp plz somebody tell me what i should do cause im stomped and need it for work...
Hasselback

Pekin, IL

#2 Sep 22, 2012
It's difficult to give an answer without more info. New? Used? How old? How many miles? Has it been sitting for a long time? Has it been running OK, then suddenly won't start?
If it's turning over but won't start, 95% of the time its either a fuel or spark problem. Real quick way to eliminate the spark is to check it. If it's getting good spark, then it's probably a fuel problem.
craig

Cameroon

#3 Oct 1, 2012
jeremy wrote:
so my scooter is turning over but will not fully run . but turns over like a champp plz somebody tell me what i should do cause im stomped and need it for work...
Remove the spark plug and earth it to the engine then crank it see if you get a spark. while the plug is out connect a compression guage check the compression,if the compression is low in the case a two stroke then the rings are suspect,in the case of a four stroke proceed to check that the valves close properly when they should.If you do not see a spark then check the wires that go to the ignition coil usually found on the lower right hand side .
if that seems ok then check the pickup sensor and it's cable (this is usually found on the magnito side of the engine)if the sensor has moved away from the magnito the net result is your CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) box does not get a signal thus no power is sent to the ignition coil thus NO SPARK !
The next thing to look at is the intake tube usually made of rubber(found between the carburettor and the cylinder head)
if that is split or damaged in any way the scooter may also not start.Check any pipes that are joined to it.hope this helps you.
Ryan

Lugoff, SC

#4 Mar 20, 2014
I am also having problem with my 50cc moped. It's only a few months old and has about 560 km. the problem is it will start it might take half the day and charging the battery so it don't run dry. then i can go down the road and maybe spend a couple minutes off of it, it will crank right up but if it's like 10 minutes then i have to do it all over again. i checked the spark, the gas lines seems fine, the cdi looks intact. can anyone help

Since: Mar 14

London, UK

#5 Mar 26, 2014
Hi Craig I am also having the same problem with my scooter, there is no spark, waiting on a cdi and ignition coil to come in post. If it's not this where else do I try?
Mark Herron

Kingston, Jamaica

#6 Apr 16, 2016
Hello goodnight. I have a Suzuki Access 125 cc. I was riding it really fast until i approach a corner and suddenly i ran into Gravel causing the bike to slide felling and dragging on the asphalt on its right side. I'm ok just minor bruises. Still i smell fuel. I took up the bike and i button start it. It started to turn over as if the timing isn't right. It won't start. Why is that. Can someone please help
Ticket

Big Lake, MN

#7 Jun 7, 2016
Mark Herron wrote:
Hello goodnight. I have a Suzuki Access 125 cc. I was riding it really fast until i approach a corner and suddenly i ran into Gravel causing the bike to slide felling and dragging on the asphalt on its right side. I'm ok just minor bruises. Still i smell fuel. I took up the bike and i button start it. It started to turn over as if the timing isn't right. It won't start. Why is that. Can someone please help
I just replaced my cdi for an unrestricted cdi and now my kymco agility won't turn over. Thoughts on how to troubleshoot?
Quiettime

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2016
jeremy wrote:
I need help on my 2008 WildFire50cc. 171 miles on it. It Turns on but won't start or crank. Lights come on blinkers work. Horn works. Smh..
Im so lost!!
Charged battery. Getting spark. Gas flowing.
I even bypassed to use a screw driver on the starter cylinoild. Still nothing. Help pls
Andrew sieg

Greensboro, NC

#9 Sep 7, 2016
hi
lowe9248

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 9, 2016
My scooter will not turn over when it warms up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scooters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roketa scooter (Dec '06) 3 hr Ray 509
Roketa Chinese Moped Scooters allnewsports.com (Mar '07) Feb 21 Jack 570
No spark on 50cc Chinese moped Feb 20 Kevin 2
Oil capacity Feb 20 don 1
News This Wonderful And Weird 1966 Renault R8 Got Sa... Feb 16 Xstain Mullah Fra... 3
cranks but wont start (Jul '10) Feb 15 88s10blazer 132
will not take the gas Feb 14 Keanu 2
More from around the web