125CC Lexmoto Tommy Problems Battery Related?

Posted in the Scooters Forum

JustLeigh

London, UK

#1 Dec 20, 2011
Hello,

I am hoping someone here can give me a bit of advice. I am not very experienced with scooters and their maintenance.

A few months ago my voltage regulator went on the bike. A garage ordered and fitted a new one for me - a process which took about three weeks, during which time I did not ride the bike at all.

When I tried to start the bike to take it to the garage it wouldn't start with the starter and had to be cranked. The garage advised that because it had not been ridden in a while the charge had gone from the battery adn after riding it for a few days the charge should build up again and it should start from the electric starter.

A month later after crancking the bike every day, the battery is dead and the engine won't turn over by the starter or by the crank.

I have re-charged the battery and it is giving the correct voltage out but the bike still will not start. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions at all that might help? Any advice is gratefully received!:)
Eros

Pekin, IL

#2 Dec 21, 2011
If it won't even turn over, check the kill switch, fuses, CDI, loose or broken battery cable, starter, etc.
If it turns over but won't start, check spark plug and spark plug wire, bad connection on start brake, plugged carb, CDI, starter, bad gas, etc.
Dave Thomas

Glasgow, UK

#3 Jan 1, 2012
Hi
Parts are so difficult to get for some Lexmoto scooters.
The problem sounds like you need to buy a new battery now about thirty quid on line.
Best bet sell the Lexmoto and buy a decent second hand Honda it will be cheaper in the long run
Leigh

London, UK

#4 Jan 2, 2012
Hello, thanks for your replies.
Luckily it was the battery as a replacement has solved the problem.
Think I'll stick with the Lexmoto for now (only had it for 10 months), but may well start lookign around for second hand scooters from a brand with a better lineage at some point soon.
Thanks!
Leigh
Cesar

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2012
I have a 125cc quad bike...everything was working but till now...it wont start...i think the battery is dead...but im not sure...the battery has this weird liquid inside...i checked the cables everything is good...plz help me out
terry

Willenhall, UK

#6 Jun 25, 2013
any 1 tell me where the battery is located on my lexmoto gladiator thanks
chris

Wetherby, UK

#7 Oct 9, 2013
ive got lexmoto tommy and the valencia my tommy wont start got spark but i think the carb needs priming how do i do this plz and any other suggestions why it wont start thx
nicola prince

Leicester, UK

#8 Jun 8, 2014
Were can I find the spark plug on my lexmoto tommmy 125

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scooters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2008 Peace Sports 50cc Scooter turns over but w... (Nov '08) Fri Victor 161
dead mc 54-250 rocketta scooter (Jun '11) Fri canchaser013 7
Jonway madness problem (Jul '10) Jan 22 stan 59
cranks but wont start (Jul '10) Jan 18 erik 73
50cc Sunny Gas Motor Scooter Trouble (Jun '09) Jan 17 lil mike 128
Maintenance on Jonway Chinese 50cc scooter (Oct '08) Jan 17 Lou 200
Canadian apperances for Valerie Thompson Jan 9 Canada a sidekick 1
More from around the web