Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Judged:

Batteries you get with Chinese scooters are not the best quality to say the least. Take it somewhere and have them check it. They can tell you if is any good. Does the fuel gage work when the ignition is on? If not then the sender in the gas tank is toast. Also a very common problem with Chinese scooters.
Sean Mc

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

Judged:

What engine model/type is on a Jonway 50cc
(GY6, Q139, etc)
stephen

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

i would like to have a service manual for 50cc. scooter please for johnway motor thank you
Jordan

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Judged:

I just got a Jonway Beta 50. The battery was dead and I got a new one. I hooked it up but the electric start still doesn't work. Neither do the headlights or anything else electric. I don't know where to go from here. Any advice?
Robert

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Judged:

Check the fuse. Some models have the fuse in the battery compartment, don't know about Jonway.
KEVIN THOMAS MOTORCYCLES

Stoke, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

Judged:

WE SUPPLY AND SERVICE ALL JONWAY SCOOTS, FULL SERVICE AND DEALER FACILITIES. WWW.KEVSBIKES.CO.UK
Robert

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

Yeah, that really helps the unfortunate Johnway scooter owners here in the U.S.
Ahmet

Eindhoven, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Hello, I have a Jonway Fox, my scooter doesnt start. I've checked the plug and it does not spark. can it be the ignition?
Robert

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Could be a fuse, the CDI, the plug or plug wire, the "brake" start switch, the kill switch could be on, or the key ignition is bad. I had a Roketa that I had to replace the key ignition.
Jeffrey Bell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

I have a johnway 50cc scooter and i want to change the spark plug on it since I just got it at a pawn shop and it has been sitting up for so long. it only has 166 miles on it but I am having the same problem with it when I start it first it took some time to start it but when it did start it died soon as i tried to give it some gas. I think that you take the seat off and then you can get to it but not sure can someone clear this up for me.
Jeffrey Bell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

Rosebud wrote:
<quoted text>
Scroll up to post #28 in this thread. Sporty has a link for maintenance on Chinese scoots. Why ask us to help you when you can help yourself.
what kind of bs answer is that? Tell me something why do you get on here if you don't want to help another person who needs it.
Robert

Rock Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

Uuuhhh - Rosebud hasn't been around here for many months. So I think it's safe to say he isn't here any more.
But, I have to agree in part with his post. It's too easy for people to come on these websites and ask members to answer "Simple" questions when they could find the answer themselves with a search engine.
REYNALDO PEREZ

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

ON THE CHINESE SCOOTER THE GY6 IS GY6 KYMCO HIRED JONWAY TO MAKE A FEW AGILITY SCOOTERS,IF YOU TUNE DOWN THE CARB ,IT WONT GO AS FAST BUT YOU WILL HAVE A BETTER TAKE OFF ON THE LINE. USE A LITTLE MYSTERY OIL IN THE GAS WILL KEEP THE ENGINE RUNNING CLEANER. CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 1000 MILES AND ADD SOME OIL TREATMENT. THE OIL PLUG IS UNDER THE MOTOR AND THE GEAR OIL PLUG LOOKS LIKE A GEAR CASE BOLT IN THE REAR WITH A WASHER ,DONT GO OVER 25MPH UP THE HILL, AMEN!!!!
REYNALDO PEREZ

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

IF YOUR QUEST FOR FIRE IN THE SCOOTER COMBUSTION CHAMBER HAS LEAD YOU HERE ,ASK ME ANYTHING, I AM A VERY PROUD OWNER OF A JONWAY 50CC SCOOTER. I LOVE THE SLOW RIDE IM BUILDING IT UP FIRST I PUT THE CDI, THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE SPARK,YOUR SCOOTER NEEDS LOTS OF SPARK TO RUN RIGHT THEN A BIG BORE KIT, IF A PERSON CAN TURN A WRENCH AND IS NOT LAZY HE CAN DO IT HIM SELF . LEAVE THE CLUTCH ALONE, THAT BAD BOY WILL SAVE YOUR ENGINE FROM WEARING OUT WHEN YOU PULL HILLS my e- mail reynaldoperez74@yahoo.com -q-
Elise

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

For some unexplainable reason I did not receive an owner's manual with my Jonway 4 Stroke... I need to change the oil (I can change oil on cars just fine) but I don't know what type of oil to use or how much. I found the drain plug, but is there an oil filter I should be looking for? Please help!

Also, if anyone knows how to fix my gas gauge I would be grateful... it hasn't works since my scooter arrived.
Blerim

Tiranė, Albania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Judged:

Hi everyone, please can anyone explain to me what is the exhausting air depth. I have a Jonway 50cc scooter. thanks
Blerim

Tiranė, Albania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Judged:

Which is the max km u have done whith a chinese scooter? I am corious.
rey

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

escholl wrote:
Does anyone know how to replace the gear oil on a Jonway Chinese-made 50cc scooter? I know how to replace the engine oil, but the owners manual also suggests replacing the gear oil after the first 300 km. It says "take off the gear oil filling bolt, fill in high quality gear oil, then fasten gear oil filling bolt". There are no illustrations in the manual and I can only find the engine oil drain bolt.
why yes i do the drain plug has a washer on the back by the rear wheel, it goes to a case that is at the very bottom kind of long make sure you use a chinese metric 10mm,really!there smaller and you will strip the head on the bolt.ttake the one off the bottom ,the fillhole is on the side and lookslike its part of the bolts that hold the case case together but it has a thick washer on it
rey

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

nick wrote:
I have a Shenke scooter and my problem is that when i give it gas it bogs out. I changed out all the old gas and filter.
Thanks if you can help please.
you need to put more info, but the carb may be dirty the spark plug may be dirty worn rings needs a valve job or burned out cdi
reynalds

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

Tim wrote:
and, where is located and, to remove the black? Thank's
yes my friend you need more than spark plugs you need serious help ,,, hello

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scooters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chinese scooter, good? or no? (Oct '08) Mon ScooterNerd 90
Wanted MZ Moskito 50cc Scooter Any Condition/In... (Apr '09) Aug 25 GRTSCTT 11
plug wire Aug 19 craig 2
how to Install a drive belt (May '11) Aug 16 Casey 4
How To Replace 150cc Licence Plate Light Bulb Aug 15 CarefulRider 1
I want to sell my scooter but don't know how mu... Aug 15 CarefulRider 2
Roketa Chinese Moped Scooters allnewsports.com (Mar '07) Aug 8 Debbi 566
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••