Maintenance on Jonway Chinese 50cc sc...
Capt Don

AOL

#22 Mar 25, 2009
I always thought Jonway was the importersname- not the brand name. Mine says Jonway & its made by a diff co!
bil

AOL

#23 Mar 27, 2009
if you need parts you can get them atabcpowersports thesregoodcompany
Capt Don

AOL

#24 Mar 29, 2009
O god!! Another Doonie post!! With all the mispellings & all. And he thought we couldnt guess?
Ben

Ridgefield, WA

#25 Mar 31, 2009
i hanve a jonway 50cc scooter and i am haveing a hard time locating the spark plugg, where is it at?
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#26 Mar 31, 2009
It should be on the muffler side lower front of the engine. You should be able to see the plug wire and trace it down.
Ben

Ridgefield, WA

#27 Apr 2, 2009
Can I replace my 50 cc engine with a bigger one on the sam scooter?

Since: Feb 09

South Milwaukee

#28 Apr 2, 2009
With maintenance questions for Chinese scooter go to
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Strada-Ve...
Richard9013

United States

#31 Apr 11, 2009
does any one know how to sey the valves on a jonway scooter
Neall

Shipley, UK

#32 Apr 14, 2009
Hey, i have a pulse zoom 50 and it was fine until 2 weeks ago when i was going down a quite steep bank and my engine jerked, as if the revs cut out then shot back up, then i got to the bottom of the hill turned into a junction and my engine revs dropped and wudnt go any higher then cut out, then i had trouble starting it, eventually after a while i got it to start but everytime i rev it, the revs shoot up then drop and if i keep it on the full even tho the revs have dropped it will cut out, any ideas?
Lunahblue

Escanaba, MI

#33 Apr 24, 2009
Hello...I am interested in buying a moped and there is a 2006 for sale that supposedly has only 456 miles on it. Would those that have a Jonway recommend this brand? This is a Jonway whip and I am concerned about parts should I need them. Are they readily available? Thank you for your help.
Kim Valentini

Towson, MD

#34 May 6, 2009
Very informative
Capt Don

AOL

#35 May 6, 2009
According to the plaque on my scoot- Jonway is the "Importer" of scoots, not the make. Make is on the other plaque w/ all the other info. Couldbe wrong- but that what it says.
Gypsy

Holiday, FL

#36 May 10, 2009
So, I am confused. What kind of gear oil DO I use on my Jonway??
Rosebud

Rock Island, IL

#37 May 10, 2009
Gypsy wrote:
So, I am confused. What kind of gear oil DO I use on my Jonway??
Scroll up to post #28 in this thread. Sporty has a link for maintenance on Chinese scoots. Why ask us to help you when you can help yourself.
tom

Henderson, NC

#38 May 14, 2009
Robert, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this scooter. I am still having trouble locating the gear oil filling bolt with your description. is it possible for you to post a link to pictures? thanks.

Robert wrote:
No - the black case is the kick-start cover. The Tranny cover is metal colored and will be lower and to the rear of the kick-start cover. The tranny is only a few inches long. And all you will see is the bottom half of the tranny cover. The drain bolt will be in the front bottom, the fill will be a larger bolt and to the rear and higher than the fill. There is only maybe 4" separating the two bolts. The fill bolt may be marked "fill" or "Oil" in small letters.
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#39 May 14, 2009
I don't have the scooter. Clean off the tranny cover. As stated, the fill bolt will be larger than the rest of the bolts, at least one size larger. It should have some kind of mark on it. It may have "fill" or "Oil" or something similar, but in very small letters, so that is why I said to clean off the cover. It will be near the top and slightly to the rear of the tranny cover. The cover isn't very big and there aren't a lot of bolts, so I think if you look closely you will find it.
tom

Raleigh, NC

#40 May 15, 2009
thanks. i did change my gear oil this morning. had to lay the scooter on the side to do it. but then it wouldn't start. is that b/c i had the scooter on its side or b/c i didn't add enough gear oil? i would try to rev up on the handle but it sounded like nothing was happening. any idea?
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#41 May 15, 2009
Why did you lay it on it's side? If you want to check the amount of oil in the tranny, remove the fill plug, if it "runs" out of the hole, then there is too much. If it is a slight slow drip, you should be ok. And the tranny oil won't stop it from starting. Again why did you lay it on it's side????
tom

Henderson, NC

#42 May 15, 2009
oh, the fill hole was on the side so i thought i had to do that to add the oil.
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#43 May 15, 2009
You fill the tranny with the scooter sitting "level" on the center stand. You have to have something to squirt it in. Go to Walmart in the food dept and get a food syringe and a glass measuring cup with the ounces marked on the side. Fill the measuring cup to the correct amount of oil and use the syringe to put the oil in the tranny. I have no idea what may have happened to the scooter when you had it laying on it's side. But you can bet that is why it won't start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scooters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roketa Bali 250cc scooter (Sep '09) 8 hr fishfinder52 23
Electric starter only works intermittently/some... (Aug '13) Sat Bert 35
no title for scooter (Mar '09) Jul 19 larry was larry 106
News Fort Lauderdale mural opens doors for artist Fr... (Feb '08) Jul 19 Red 12
49cc 2 stroke engine scooter has no spark. Help! (Aug '10) Jul 18 Jaybird 19
hhelps Jul 13 tom 1
Registering with a Cert. of Origin Jul 13 Sass 1
More from around the web