CF Moto Scooter Question

Posted in the Scooters Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JimD

New Port Richey, FL

#1 Nov 14, 2008
Hi Guys, I'm new on here. The reason I'm here is because I can't get a straight answer on a couple of issues.

I own a 2005 Cf Moto E-jewel 150cc liquid cooled scooter. The bike has been great, fast and reliable.

My manual says that I need high quality glysantine 50/50 coolant. I can't find this anywhere, some bike dealers say I should just use prestone 50/50.

the other my manaul says to use gear box oil sae10w-30/se. autozone told me this is just normal engine oil, some dealers have told me that all they have is 85 grade gearbox. so should I use the normal engine oil no one has this 10w-30/se or can give me a straight answer. I would really appreciate any help or advise.
Capt Don

AOL

#2 Nov 14, 2008
1st Never heard of a Moto E Jewel? Is it chinese?
Mine is aircooled so I cant help ya much there cept that there are coolants made for aluminun, some NOT! That one should be easy. The gear oil says 10/30. Thats a biggy. Thats really motor oil. I think youd be safe w/ a non detergent motor oil w/ those specs? Mine says use 85w-90 geare oil. If you used that - it would trash the gearbox!! I think my GF's Yammi says to use the same as you. I would try to get something close?
My garage mates HD says use 20/50 oil in the gearbox. He has done it for 38000 mi now w/o problems. 10/30 oil w a se rating shoundt be that hard to find? Its basic cheap motor oil? Hey good luck!
viking AU

Belrose, Australia

#3 Nov 18, 2008
Hi JimD
Your manual is right sae10w-30w oil for your gearbox. In summer I then change to sae20-40sae.
The reason it states sae oils is because a lot of your top type of oils are part or all synthetic and these will froth up in the gear box.
I have 2 CF Moto's, 125 (2002 with 36000 k' on the clock and only replaced the drive belt 3 times and NO othere problems.) and a new e-Charm 150.
Hope this info helps.
jay in tucson

Tucson, AZ

#4 Nov 18, 2008
gotta new 150cc, cant get it started. primed the carb, added gas, etc.. Accidently set off the remote alarm while charging it last night - and the battery seemed ok; is there something im missing???
jay in tucson

Tucson, AZ

#5 Nov 18, 2008
I think Ive got the "kill switch" in the right position.. is there something I need to know about that??
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#6 Nov 18, 2008
10W30se oil for the tranny is common. The "sae" is just a rating/approval number that 99% of the oils have, fossile or syn, the "se" indicates "synthetic". I use Mobile 1 10W30 syn oil. It's very common and can be purchased anywhere. The coolant is 50/50 antifreeze and distilled water. But it is not standard off the shelf antifreeze. You may want to check with a Yamaha Dealer, their liquid cooled scooters and bikes use the same type of coolant.
Capt Don

AOL

#7 Nov 18, 2008
Yeah the AF is real important on an aluminum engine! I remember 1 car I had that said I "Had to use the red- not green AF, & dist water etc..
Thats a biggy!! The oil is pretty simple.
Some alloys used in some of these things req special AF!! Check w/ a dealer on that one to be SURE! AND ride safe & enjoy!!

Since: Nov 08

Waldorf, MD

#8 Nov 22, 2008
You are looking for anti freeze thats it half coolant half water since you have liquid cooled machine, I ride and service CF Moto bikes and scooters and thats it, In your gear box which houses final drive unit add 90 weight gear oil, simple drain and add 100ml thats it

Anti Freeze use Motul
90 weight Gear use Bel Ray

Both sold at scootertronics.com
JimD

Palmetto, FL

#9 Mar 14, 2009
So once again this is plain motor oil?? I 've never heard of such a thing. so use mobile 1 10w30 , so would I use this when i change my oil and my gearbox?? engine says to use the same oil as gearbox
Robert

Rock Island, IL

#10 Mar 14, 2009
Check your operator's manual. If you have a Chinese scooter, they usually recommend syn gear oil for the tranny. A 75W90 syn gear oil is basically 10W30 syn motor oil, just has some special additives. But use what is recommended. If it says use motor oil in the tranny, use motor oil. I use Mobile One 10W30 syn in the tranny and Mobile One 10W40 syn in the engine. Everyone has a different opinion on what kind of oil to use. It's really a matter of personal choice. And what you are comfortable with.
jim d

Holiday, FL

#11 Apr 26, 2009
hey guys, got everything worked out with the oil and all that stuff but lately after I drive for over a half hour all of a sudden my radiator fluid pops everywhere like a bomb going off, then the bikes overhead light comes on. I traced all the wires and everything, and there are no holes because when i fill up with coolant it doesnt drain, only pops, any suggestions what would cause this, could it be its summer now and should i use less, i think it is all blowing out of the overflow cap. I just don't know. any suggestions how to fix this.
Robert T

Rock Island, IL

#12 Apr 26, 2009
Possibilities:#1 You used the wrong anti-freeze. Prestone 50/50 Not!.#2 You have too much coolant in the radiator. There should be some kind of fill mark on the reservoir.
shibsinMichigan

Portland, OR

#13 Apr 28, 2009
"A 75W90 syn gear oil is basically 10W30 syn motor oil"

This is not true, 75w90 is much THICKER than 10w30.
pls check and double check what the manufacturer suggests and use that,
Yes, synthetics are better for the high temp application, less degradation and varnishing etc.
if the sump does not have a filter, use a non-detergent oil so the dirt is suspended. but then again read the owner manual.
if the bike is a copy, read the manual of the acutal bike.
jim d

Holiday, FL

#14 May 2, 2009
yeah the manual only says use 10w30se for the gearbox, to me this is normal off the shelf engine oil,

as far as the coolant goes, it was doing this before I ever added any extra fluid to it, it just decided to do it all of a sudden and only does it after i ride for a while, I found some coolant that said it was designed for an aluminum engine which my bike has so I have been adding that to it, I've only been riding on small rides lately.
Rosebud

Rock Island, IL

#15 May 3, 2009
shibsinMichigan wrote:
"A 75W90 syn gear oil is basically 10W30 syn motor oil"
This is not true, 75w90 is much THICKER than 10w30.
Yes, it is the same basic oil. Do some homework. The difference is in the addititves. 75W90 oil is slicker, not thicker.
Robert T

Rock Island, IL

#16 May 3, 2009
jim d wrote:
yeah the manual only says use 10w30se for the gearbox, to me this is normal off the shelf engine oil.
That is correct. Just make sure you use synethic for the tranny. The first time I changed my tranny oil, I called my Dealer to make sure 10W30 motor oil was correct. Most Mfgs recommend 75W90 syn in the tranny. Mobile 1 10W30 syn is what I use.
William

Ashburn, VA

#17 May 6, 2009
About to buy a used 2008 CF MOTO E JEWEL 150 cc. Would like your feedback on any and all issues I should be aware of.

Thanks!
Rosebud

Rock Island, IL

#18 May 6, 2009
They are just another Chinese scooter. A lot of online distributors are selling them.
Kathi

AOL

#19 Jul 30, 2009
JimD wrote:
Hi Guys, I'm new on here. The reason I'm here is because I can't get a straight answer on a couple of issues.
I own a 2005 Cf Moto E-jewel 150cc liquid cooled scooter. The bike has been great, fast and reliable.
My manual says that I need high quality glysantine 50/50 coolant. I can't find this anywhere, some bike dealers say I should just use prestone 50/50.
the other my manaul says to use gear box oil sae10w-30/se. autozone told me this is just normal engine oil, some dealers have told me that all they have is 85 grade gearbox. so should I use the normal engine oil no one has this 10w-30/se or can give me a straight answer. I would really appreciate any help or advise.
Give me the day and I will forward all the info needed by you. Any other questions in regards to CF MOTO, go to our website and email me. www.scootersonly.net . Thanks, Kathi
P.S. We are a CF MOTO dealer and only sell the CF MOTO 150's and 250's.

Since: Sep 09

Iran

#20 Sep 27, 2009
hey guys.recently i buy new e jewel 2009 cf moto.but im not satisfied whit it.it has alot of noice specially when i break.is thereany site to sell original break pad.is any boddy help me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scooters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
valve adjustment on mc54b roketa with a 250cc e... (Feb '11) 22 hr Cigaro 7
roketa scooter mph mph??? help! (May '07) Wed Scalpnu101 170
JMStar 150cc scooter and Motor Vehicle morons (May '08) Wed PeteRomeo 114
My carbarator isn't getting gas line is open ho... Jun 28 eugenedobbins 1
Jonway 250T Handling and ride at over 45 MPH (Aug '09) Jun 22 luckidog 39
Jonway madness Jun 20 Scoo-Turd 2
Electric starter only works intermittently/some... (Aug '13) Jun 18 Tom 25
More from around the web