2002 MZ Moskito Scooter
George

Clermont, FL

#22 Jun 2, 2007
I've been looking for parts also, and I found a place (I think they are in Maryland) the website is WWW.psiconsults.com .

Gloria Cain wrote:
I just recently purchased a 2002 MZ Moskito Scooter from a family
in Kansas. Within a month I moved to Ft. Collins, Colorado. I
have had a problem with the scooter stalling out on steep inclines.
I have called dealers that service motorcycles and scooters in this
area and keep getting the same story. The last they heard was that
the former sales and manager for Moto Guzzi North America had been
appointed GM of MZ Motorrad of North America, and they were located
in Miami, Florida. About three months ago this company seems to have
fallen off the face of the earth. We here that they are re-located
in California. Would you have information on how to reconnect with
this company? We have a number of MZ's sitting around waiting for
parts! Thanks for your help.
Gloria Cain
Fort Collins, Co E-mail address [email protected]
George

Clermont, FL

#23 Jun 2, 2007
The full address is http://www.psiconsults.com/moskitoscooters/
George wrote:
I've been looking for parts also, and I found a place (I think they are in Maryland) the website is WWW.psiconsults.com .
<quoted text>
Truffola

Lakeland, FL

#24 Jun 11, 2007
Just bought a 2004 MZ Moskito FB50 (that's what the poorly-translated manual says anyway) from a girl who wiped out after riding it 78 miles and never got back on it again.

I really just want to know where the oil reservoir is. According to the dealer from whence the previous owner purchased it, it has one. Unfortunately, he could not tell me where it. I have looked everywhere.

Please help!

Thank you!
Rodney

Charlestown, IN

#25 Jun 13, 2007
anybody have a owners manual for a Moskito MZ 2003 for sale??? [email protected]
Ian Ipsan

Clarksville, IN

#26 Jun 13, 2007
I've spent hours online looking for a front and side panel also a front fender. If anyone knows of a OEM parts dealer i can contact please let me know. [email protected]
Curtis

Alamosa, CO

#27 Jun 24, 2007
I have a 2002 MZ Moskito that needs a set of front brake pads. Anywhere to get them?
[email protected]
Dave County

Loveland, CO

#28 Jun 25, 2007
I have an older Moskito scooter (orange), not sure of the year. I can't seem to find the battery. I know I'm not a complete idiot on this stuff, but would be thankful if someone could tell me where it is.
Curtis

Alamosa, CO

#30 Jun 25, 2007
I know the battery on my 2002 is on the right hand side behind a side panel.
Dave County wrote:
I have an older Moskito scooter (orange), not sure of the year. I can't seem to find the battery. I know I'm not a complete idiot on this stuff, but would be thankful if someone could tell me where it is.
mscaptjo

AOL

#31 Jun 28, 2007
Truffola wrote:
Just bought a 2004 MZ Moskito FB50 (that's what the poorly-translated manual says anyway) from a girl who wiped out after riding it 78 miles and never got back on it again.
I really just want to know where the oil reservoir is. According to the dealer from whence the previous owner purchased it, it has one. Unfortunately, he could not tell me where it. I have looked everywhere.
Please help!
Thank you!
It is under the front of the seat, under a little cover that has a phillips head screw on it..Found mine yesterday,
Joei
mscaptjo

AOL

#32 Jun 28, 2007
Curtis wrote:
I know the battery on my 2002 is on the right hand side behind a side panel.
<quoted text>
Its under the floorboard under a panel with a screw on it
Curtis

Alamosa, CO

#33 Jul 3, 2007
I found a guy in Germany, I believe, who works for the company that builds the Moskito scooter.
He was dead-on accurate with the info he gave me on front brake pads. I found a place here in town to order them, and they were put on today, by me!
[email protected]
Ian Ipsan

New Albany, IN

#34 Jul 9, 2007
Dave County wrote:
I have an older Moskito scooter (orange), not sure of the year. I can't seem to find the battery. I know I'm not a complete idiot on this stuff, but would be thankful if someone could tell me where it is.
My Battery is under the foot board, pull the rubber mat off and there should be a panel with 4 screws, the battery is under it.
BillGriffin

AOL

#35 Jul 10, 2007
Just bought a 2001 MZ Muskito SX with 50cc CPI engine. Don't have service manual. Does anyone know the type and quanity of gear oil that in used in the gear box? [email protected]
Eric Rush

United States

#36 Jul 10, 2007
Bill,

My all-but-sueless manual says SAE 90 CPI gear oil. Capicity 110cc. CPI is their brand. Any SAE 90 will work.

First 300km and each 5000km or six months thereafter.

I'll email you the instructions on how to change the oil
Eric Rush

United States

#37 Jul 10, 2007
Make that "all-but-useless"
Eric Rush

United States

#38 Jul 11, 2007
I finally found the spark plug in my 2002 125c. Anybody know how to get it out without sawing the scooter in half first?

Just noticed this board says I'm from Mill Spring MO. Never been there.
Betty Orlando FL

Palm Bay, FL

#39 Jul 18, 2007
Dave County wrote:
I have an older Moskito scooter (orange), not sure of the year. I can't seem to find the battery. I know I'm not a complete idiot on this stuff, but would be thankful if someone could tell me where it is.
Look under the floor mat.
Mark

United States

#40 Aug 2, 2007
Altitude will change the fuel air mixture (less O2 up high) and the change in atmospheric pressure could affect the action of other carburetor components.
Gloria Cain wrote:
I just recently purchased a 2002 MZ Moskito Scooter from a family
in Kansas. Within a month I moved to Ft. Collins, Colorado. I
have had a problem with the scooter stalling out on steep inclines.
I have called dealers that service motorcycles and scooters in this
area and keep getting the same story. The last they heard was that
the former sales and manager for Moto Guzzi North America had been
appointed GM of MZ Motorrad of North America, and they were located
in Miami, Florida. About three months ago this company seems to have
fallen off the face of the earth. We here that they are re-located
in California. Would you have information on how to reconnect with
this company? We have a number of MZ's sitting around waiting for
parts! Thanks for your help.
Gloria Cain
Fort Collins, Co E-mail address [email protected]
marin

Orlando, FL

#41 Sep 19, 2007
Eric Rush wrote:
I finally found the spark plug in my 2002 125c. Anybody know how to get it out without sawing the scooter in half first?
Just noticed this board says I'm from Mill Spring MO. Never been there.
open the small cover under the front side of the seat and reach with a wheel ratched and socket 18mm. you can also reach from underneath the right hand side fender or take off the underseat compartment in worst case.just make sure you use the right size socket!!!
marin

Orlando, FL

#42 Sep 19, 2007
I am looking for a owner's manual for 2002 MZ Moskito 125R. Does anyone sell it?Please email at [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moto Guzzi Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
v50/v65 Jul 1 misterswizzo 1
Poll Would you buy a Moto Guzzi over a BMW? (Nov '07) Mar '17 Steven Hanna 31
850 t 3 1976 (Jan '15) Jan '15 French Ian 1
jzr (May '13) May '13 Chris Rist 1
News In for a ruff ride: Trio of dogs hit the open r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Mary 3
News Custom Moto Guzzi Le Mans (Jan '13) Jan '13 Adare 1
throttle cable for 2002 MZ Moskito Scooter (Dec '12) Dec '12 Scott33 1
More from around the web