How to break in a new motorcycle?

How to break in a new motorcycle?

Since: Jun 12

India

#1 Jun 23, 2012
Hello friends,

How do you break in a brand new motorcycle? I'm hearing mixed reviews about following the manual or running the engine hard. Can an experienced motorcyclist help me out?

Best regards
Anthony
Gump

Rancho Cordova, CA

#2 Jun 9, 2013
Don't exceed manufacture's recommended engine rpm. My Connie was 4000 rpm for the first 500 miles, then 6000 rpm for the next 500 miles. It's good to vary the engine speed not to exceed those limits. In other words, don't drone at the same speed for hours.... You want the rings to set properly. Additionally, there will be small metal fragments that will work loose. This is normal. But you can destroy the engine if you get carried away. Hope that helps!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kawasaki Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ER6-f front fork springs (Jun '07) Nov '15 Rob 8
News 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager/Nomad Review (Jun '09) Nov '15 BigDaddy 38
1986 Kawasaki ZL600 Eliminator seat removal. (Jun '15) Jun '15 Anonymous 1
Kawasaki ZL600 Eliminator stalling out at mid t... (Feb '09) Apr '15 losteroni 16
News Ryan Villopoto wins AMA Supercross; local sport... (Feb '10) Sep '14 george 5
News Facing a demographic dead end, bike manufacture... (Sep '14) Sep '14 bill 1
selling my kz 1000s and my kz 900 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dana 1
More from around the web