Nominee Sets Off Eyewear Trend

Nominee Sets Off Eyewear Trend

There are 40 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 10, 2008, titled Nominee Sets Off Eyewear Trend. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Sarah Palin, the Republican Vice Presidential nominee, has also become an eyeglasses fashion trend setter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rachel S

New York, NY

#21 Sep 11, 2008
Oooo, I like Bob Barr's glasses a lot better. Check them out!
mjsmom

Kellyville, OK

#22 Sep 11, 2008
Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Not only that but his great pick Biden is trying to back out of the ticket or they are trying to push him out. Obama's greatest flip flop. Will Hillary eat crap and say yes?
I agree completely; if he's going to back out of this one we could have a long four years of Mr. indecisive.
mjsmom

Kellyville, OK

#23 Sep 11, 2008
Talk about keeping up with the Jones' the republican party beat the dems into putting a female on the ticket so now they want to the same thing.
John

Tulsa, OK

#25 Sep 11, 2008
These frames alone will not make you ladies looks as good as she does, ladies.
Tiggerific

Edmond, OK

#26 Sep 11, 2008
My eyeglasses were really expensive, but they are the only pair of glasses that I've had that I actually enjoy wearing. They are so worth the money. My eyes are healthier from not having to wear contacts, and my night vision has improved dramatically.
jlw

Canadian, OK

#27 Sep 11, 2008
I had the same frames for 10 years, I just change the lenses.
$350 thanks to the taxpayers of Alaska!
veritas

Jenks, OK

#28 Sep 11, 2008
Rachel S wrote:
I like the bulky thick black rectangular glasses myself ;) Getting a pair here pretty soon!
Just what i was thinking-i think they call them birth control glasses in the army! BTW people, if you need eyeglasses to validate yourself then you have bigger problems than eyewear!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#29 Sep 11, 2008
John wrote:
These frames alone will not make you ladies looks as good as she does, ladies.
What?! No. You can't be serious?! Ahhh, dang it.
veritas

Jenks, OK

#30 Sep 11, 2008
Duh wrote:
Anyone who needs reading glasses and hates either replacing them biweekly (because they're poorly constructed) or hates taking them off and on - depending on whether they are reading, using the computer or talking to someone - usually has to pay from $250 up for eyeglasses regardless of what they look like. Progressive lenses (bifocals without the line in the middle of the glasses) are about that much if they are well made. My last progressive lenses were $350 and they have lasted me so far almost 2 years. They are scratch resistant (because I'm hard on my glasses) and have held up well for me. I use them every day and don't have to take them off when someone walks up to my desk to talk to me.$350 isn't an unreasonable amount for progressives AND they look GREAT! WIN WIN!! Anyway - you get what you pay for!
Speaking of DUH! I agree with you but the story is about the cost of the FRAMES alone! So that would put you in the 700.00 range for frames and glasses.
Jeremy

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Sep 11, 2008
What the hell does this have to do with motorcycles?!?!?!?!?
NO WAY

Guthrie, OK

#32 Sep 11, 2008
I think the glasses are cool and she looks great wearing them. It is so refreshing to see her bright smile and her personality is so much warmer than ice lady clinton.
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#33 Sep 11, 2008
Rachel S wrote:
Oooo, I like Bob Barr's glasses a lot better. Check them out!
I like the glasses on my wet bar better.
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#34 Sep 11, 2008
Jeremy wrote:
What the **** does this have to do with motorcycles?!?!?!?!?
They both look good on Palin.

“KISS ANYONE???”

Since: Aug 08

United States

#35 Sep 11, 2008
Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I like the glasses on my wet bar better.
Has happy hour started for you yet? You seem quite interested in liquid courage today.
Marge

Tulsa, OK

#36 Sep 11, 2008
When your hot, you can look good in anything.
12 pack abs

Oklahoma City, OK

#37 Sep 11, 2008
Marge wrote:
When your hot, you can look good in anything.
But to be real hot, you need to look good in nothing!
Well

Catoosa, OK

#38 Sep 11, 2008
You can put glasses on a pig, but its still a pig.
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#40 Sep 12, 2008
closetprotester wrote:
<quoted text>
Has happy hour started for you yet? You seem quite interested in liquid courage today.
Been that kind of week. Going through a merger.
Jimbo

Tulsa, OK

#41 Sep 12, 2008
Well wrote:
Yep, even a blind pig finds an accorn sometimes.

“It's all about the ride..”

Since: Jul 08

Cali

#42 Sep 12, 2008
Well wrote:
OM gosh...LOVE IT!!!! You rule!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kawasaki Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1986 Kawasaki ZL600 Eliminator seat removal. (Jun '15) May '16 KAWKIDD 2
ER6-f front fork springs (Jun '07) Nov '15 Rob 8
News 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager/Nomad Review (Jun '09) Nov '15 BigDaddy 38
Kawasaki ZL600 Eliminator stalling out at mid t... (Feb '09) Apr '15 losteroni 16
News Ryan Villopoto wins AMA Supercross; local sport... (Feb '10) Sep '14 george 5
News Facing a demographic dead end, bike manufacture... (Sep '14) Sep '14 bill 1
selling my kz 1000s and my kz 900 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Dana 1
More from around the web