Old Monroe, MO

#2 Oct 31, 2007
That's great
joe

San Marcos, TX

#3 Nov 3, 2007
The following letter was sent to Honda:
To Whom It May Concern:
My bike was making a funny noise and spitting smoke, so I took it to Bob Schultz to look at it/ fix it while still under a warranty. It has just over 6000 miles on it. I met with the “service manager”, and told him what it was doing. While he was filling out a service ticket, I asked him how this worked with my warranty. Without saying a word, he got up and walked away, leaving me standing there for over five minutes. When he returned, he turned on my ignition, checked the mileage, and told me that I had no warranty, because I didn’t get my regular service done. When I told him that I had it done at another dealer, he told me to take it to them. I explained that the reason I took it to another dealer was because he couldn’t get me in for 10 days and the other dealer could do it in 1 day. He said that he didn’t care; they did the regular service, so they have to fix it. When I reminded him that the warranty said that I could take it to any authorized Honda dealer, he got very angry and rude. He told me that he would look at the bike and it was going to cost me $200 if he found nothing wrong with it. I told him that was fine, and asked “What if it’s a warranty item? Do I still have to pay $200?” He told me that it was not a warranty item, that it was something that the other dealer failed to do. When I asked him how could he know that without even looking at the bike, he got even more angry and shouted at me “Do you want me to look at this thing, or not”
It was at that point that I realized that I would be better off going somewhere else. I no longer trusted this rude and belligerent “service manager”. I told him that I was going to another dealer and he said “Good, get the f____ out of my shop.” Shocked, I asked him what his problem was, and he said “I have a whole file of things that we have done for free for you, and I’m sick of it. I’m giving you nothing for free” The only thing that the dealer has ever done for free was my 1000 mile service. That was included with the sale of the bike. I told him this, and mentioned the thousands of dollars I had spent there on other stuff. He told me that I was an A__ H___, and to never come back. When I was leaving he also said that he hopes I “wreck my bike and break my neck”
When I got home, I called the dealer to complain to the owner. That was when I found out that the rude jerk I had been talking to was the owner.
Over the past few years, I have been to many Honda dealers all over the country, and have never been treated the way I was treated at Bob Schultz Motorcycles. I have been to dealers, only to buy a shirt or just look around, and found very friendly, professional people who were glad to see me. They take pride in their stores and respect their customers. You will find none of that at Bob Schultz Motorcycles. Their store is dirty and looks more like a garage than a Honda dealer. Their employees are rude and unfriendly, and do not present themselves in a manner that is consistent with the Honda image.
As I have been telling this story to other bikers in my community, none of them seemed surprised. The question they all ask me is “Why would you go to Bob Schultz? They have the worst reputation in town”. I now understand why. Even though they are only a few miles from my home, I will drive the extra 40 minutes to go to another dealer that is glad to see me.
Thank You
bill weffel

San Marcos, TX

#4 Nov 17, 2007
Ba Bump
Shadow Rider

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Dec 29, 2007
I have hear of similar experences at Bob Schultz Honda/ HArley. A friend of mine bought a Softail there, rode his 1000 miles, and took it in for the 1000 check. Dealer said he could pick it up in 10 days. He said he would bring ti back, the dealer said "it doesn't matter, you'll get it back in 10 days. He went to tal to his sales guy that sold him the bike, sales guy didn't acknowledge that he had ever even seen the guy before. A week earlier, they were "best buds". Bob Schultz has a pretty bad rep around these parts.
Bill Weffel

Wentzville, MO

#6 Jul 11, 2008
In case you forgot, They still suck
jpj

Troy, MO

#7 Oct 11, 2008
bob schultz sucks i went to buy a four wheeler with cash in my pocket when i ask for a 100.00 dollar discount for paying cash salesman got pissed off and told me cash or credit financing no differance to them so i left and bought from chesterfield valley for 300.00 less the same day
Thomas

Saint Charles, MO

#8 Feb 25, 2012
I've had the exact same terrible rude service at that place. I need to buy new helmets and went online to see what their hours are and even though I live 2 miles from them, I'm going somewhere else. It is the absolute worst I've ever been treated as a customer and it happens every time I go to their service department. The jerk also charged me $3,000 to tune up my 2 4 wheelers because he said I ruined the carburetors that were 2 years old. Thanks for this website and it's going to be inconvenient but I'm going somewhere else to spend my money. How do they stay in business??????????
jjw9300

Saint Charles, KY

#9 Feb 25, 2012
joe wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:
My bike was making a funny noise and spitting smoke, so I took it to Bob Schultz to look at it/ fix it while still under a warranty. It has just over 6000 miles on it. I met with the “service manager”, and told him what it was doing. While he was filling out a service ticket, I asked him how this worked with my warranty. Without saying a word, he got up and walked away, leaving me standing there for over five minutes. When he returned, he turned on my ignition, checked the mileage, and told me that I had no warranty, because I didn’t get my regular service done. When I told him that I had it done at another dealer, he told me to take it to them. I explained that the reason I took it to another dealer was because he couldn’t get me in for 10 days and the other dealer could do it in 1 day. He said that he didn’t care; they did the regular service, so they have to fix it. When I reminded him that the warranty said that I could take it to any authorized Honda dealer, he got very angry and rude. He told me that he would look at the bike and it was going to cost me $200 if he found nothing wrong with it. I told him that was fine, and asked “What if it’s a warranty item? Do I still have to pay $200?” He told me that it was not a warranty item, that it was something that the other dealer failed to do. When I asked him how could he know that without even looking at the bike, he got even more angry and shouted at me “Do you want me to look at this thing, or not”
It was at that point that I realized that I would be better off going somewhere else. I no longer trusted this rude and belligerent “service manager”. I told him that I was going to another dealer and he said “Good, get the f____ out of my shop.” Shocked, I asked him what his problem was, and he said “I have a whole file of things that we have done for free for you, and I’m sick of it. I’m giving you nothing for free” The only thing that the dealer has ever done for free was my 1000 mile service. That was included with the sale of the bike. I told him this, and mentioned the thousands of dollars I had spent there on other stuff. He told me that I was an A__ H___, and to never come back. When I was leaving he also said that he hopes I “wreck my bike and break my neck”
When I got home, I called the dealer to complain to the owner. That was when I found out that the rude jerk I had been talking to was the owner.
Over the past few years, I have been to many Honda dealers all over the country, and have never been treated the way I was treated at Bob Schultz Motorcycles. I have been to dealers, only to buy a shirt or just look around, and found very friendly, professional people who were glad to see me. They take pride in their stores and respect their customers. You will find none of that at Bob Schultz Motorcycles. Their store is dirty and looks more like a garage than a Honda dealer. Their employees are rude and unfriendly, and do not present themselves in a manner that is consistent with the Honda image.
As I have been telling this story to other bikers in my community, none of them seemed surprised. The question they all ask me is “Why would you go to Bob Schultz? They have the worst reputation in town”. I now understand why. Even though they are only a few miles from my home, I will drive the extra 40 minutes to go to another dealer that is glad to see me.
Thank You
Any one interested, can see this is bogus, go google and locate SAME story byline but with a Harley owner complaing about Schultz even uses Most of the same words story etc,
chucky

Sturgeon Bay, WI

#10 Mar 15, 2014
joe wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:
Thank You
sounds like bull s h I t story, you are a moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How STUPID was Honda to move Motorcycle Product... (Oct '09) Jul 27 Ron 27
vtx 1800 uneven tire where Jun '17 grumpy gm 1
Honda VTX 1300 vs VTX 1800 (Jan '08) Jun '17 X Rider 191
1983 Goldwing with deadly wobble May '17 Red Lion 2
News A Review of the Yamaha Royal Star Venture Motor... (Jun '08) May '17 Lowbee38 51
5 hole head for a 125 dirtbike Apr '17 Butch 1
1995 Honda Magna Deluxe --- Idle issues Apr '17 Gary C 1
More from around the web