First Prev
of 4
Next Last
undertheradar

United States

#1 Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone know when they will be releasing the Rocker C? I have asked a couple of dealerships and they don't have a clue.
Rebelwithoutacau se

La Quinta, CA

#2 Dec 5, 2007
I live in the Palm Springs area and our local guys told us it wouldn't be ready to be released until Feb. '08
Rebelwithoutacau se

La Quinta, CA

#3 Dec 5, 2007
I live in the Palm Springs area and our local guys told us it wouln't be ready to be released until Feb.'08

“Flying Low”

Since: Nov 07

Kingsland, Ga

#4 Dec 6, 2007
I found out today that Harley has stopped production on the Rocker until further notice. They are still working on some problems with the design.
Tumbleweed

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 7, 2007
I work at a dealership. Our first one is scheduled to ship on January 25th.

“Work to Ride - Ride to Work!”

Kingston PA

#7 Dec 12, 2007
Neat bike, from the pictures I've seen. I do have several issues with the design. First, I'm disappointed that Kawasaki swingarm-mounted the rear fender on the Drifter way before this bike was 'designed'(copied) by Harley-Davidson. Secondly, like the Drifter, it looks great parked, but when it's going down the street and hits a bump it looks as if the whole bike is breaking in half. Just kind of weird to look at. Next, how dangerous is that fold-out pillion? With no backrest, that little thing suspended in mid-air is going to be cause for a lawsuit. It's going to take one brave chick to ride around on that little cupcake seat.
My opinion is just my opinion and it don't make a rat's ass difference anyhow, but I don't like the direction Harley has taken as a motorcycle company. I love the older (100th year and back) Harleys. Lucky for me there's plenty of 'em and available cheap.
Greg

Carrollton, GA

#8 Dec 13, 2007
Tito we share the same sentiments. If someone likes a bike then so be it....But the guys I know around here that have a dealership they nicknamed the VRoad "RoboCop"...HA HA HA
Ill keep my 95 Softtail Custom that Im rebuilding anyday of the week...
If any of you would like to see pics of the progress or want to know what Im doing with it...Please shoot me an email at [email protected]

“Work to Ride - Ride to Work!”

Kingston PA

#9 Dec 17, 2007
Boy, I thought there would be more interest in this forum. According to the folks at the Harley 'stealerships,' this bike is so highly anticipated that they're already sold out before they even get one. I remember the last time a new Harley was in big demand, it was the 2002 V-Rod. People were paying $10,000 OVER sticker price just to have one. Don't people EVER learn???

“Flying Low”

Kingsland, Ga

#10 Dec 18, 2007
I did want one of them until i started to think about having someone on the back. You made a good point about the safety. Now I am thinking about the Fat Bob.
Phil SUMMERS

Bentley, Australia

#11 Dec 22, 2007
Tumbleweed wrote:
I work at a dealership. Our first one is scheduled to ship on January 25th.
I want to import one into Australia, any chance you could help me out?
Cheers
email: [email protected]
Ray

United States

#12 Dec 26, 2007
i know that it is up to each individual to make their own opinion, but with that said i dont like the new rocker. i am not in to wide tires or twin cams, but that is strickly my own opinion. i will stick with my evo's (most dependable motor harley ever built). our local dealership wont say anything about when they are coming.

“Dave's not here!”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#13 Jan 8, 2008
Phil SUMMERS wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to import one into Australia, any chance you could help me out?
Cheers
email: [email protected]
Phil,
Due to the availability issues (I'm only getting 3 before the end of March, and they're all sold), I couldn't get you one until April . Even then, I would have to register the bike to a stateside address (subject to local taxes). Once you did that, I could hook you up with a company that would ship it for you, but that's about it.
Any questions? [email protected]

Since: Jan 08

Sulphur, LA

#14 Jan 11, 2008
I had my hands and butt on a rocker c at the galveston ralley last november. The motor company had the 08 models on display, I closly examined the bike but did not ride it. I think the delay is with the seat, not just the passenger pillon, but with the rider seat. the damn thing does not latch. It lift up whith no button, no lever, no screw. So what? Imagine riding at speed and you see a bump or hole you cannot avoid, reaction is to lift yourself up on your pegs with your butt of the seat. With no seat latch or lock that seat is going to come up and meet you or you could miss the seat entirly on the way down. Hello battery.
Ray

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2008
ouch!!
harleygirl

Roscoe, PA

#16 Jan 19, 2008
they revealed one in huntington wv today
chris

Bristol, PA

#17 Jan 20, 2008
The dealership in chadds ford, pa just got one a couple days ago.......
08 rocker

Orlando, FL

#18 Jan 23, 2008
Picking min up this sunday @ MSRP! Cant wait ...great bike.
bigtony

Sulphur, LA

#19 Jan 24, 2008
Congrads 08 Rocker. Enjoy your ride and be safe.
hossman

Oshawa, Canada

#20 Jan 30, 2008
I have one to. arrives March 12, Canada
MRVrod

Littleton, CO

#21 Jan 31, 2008
I saw and sat on Rocker at a Bike show here recently. The position felt very nice, a little my VRod. I think it will be successful as a short ride day cruiser but since any bags are impossible to hang (I think), it won't be for very long rides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helmet intercoms Dec '16 Walkintall57 1
Poll What is the best, all around, everyday Harley? (Apr '09) Nov '16 Mark 35
Bad vibration Oct '16 K_P_B 1
Ruff running higher rpm Oct '16 K_P_B 1
Harley Davidson Dating Sites For Harley Riders ... Oct '16 karally 1
News Indian Partners With Zac Brown Band For U.S.O. ... (May '15) Oct '16 Justin 2
new free dating sites in usa (Sep '13) Oct '16 Rick 10
More from around the web