New Engine, Four New Models From Harley-Davidson

Full story: Theautochannel.com

Harley-Davidson will launch the Twin Cam 96, an all-new Big Twin engine, as it introduces its 2007 line of motorcycles.
Comments
1 - 20 of 221 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2012
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
deuce

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2006

It is about time the victory hammer my friend has is kicking the shit out every harly that goes up against him i hope 110 can do the job because I will have to get one then
Mogan Dave

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2006

They are sourcing the bearings and some other parts from a plant down the road from us!
Irover

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2006

What happened to the pricing on the Harley Davidson Web
Site?
Mogan Dave

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2006

Judged:

Iff ya gotta ask....
Irover

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2006

Judged:

I have heard that HD is raising pricies 1K ??? I guess they
think some people will pay anything....... I just started to
look at used 2 - 3 year old Road Kings and cant believe
the number of bikes available, less than 10k miles, for
4 to 5 k less than the 06 list.
roy

Winfield, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

Irover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

Harley had a major problem, in that their "NEW' engine overheats! Have heard numerous complaints from 07 buyers that even on a mild summer day the bike just about burns you pants off. Seems once you buy the bike you have to replace the HD fuel controller, pipes, ect. to get it to run rich enuf to ride without having your buns burned off! So after you pony up the 20k+ get ready the pay thousands more in retrofitting the bike so it's ridable in normal summer weather (unless your riding in far far north, where it will most likely keep you nice and warm. LOL !!!!
kozyk

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2007

own a 07 se110. HD replaced the engine @ 6700 miles. now at 10,000 another piston has been replaced due to oil leaks. Anybody else?
Irover wrote:
Harley had a major problem, in that their "NEW' engine overheats! Have heard numerous complaints from 07 buyers that even on a mild summer day the bike just about burns you pants off. Seems once you buy the bike you have to replace the HD fuel controller, pipes, ect. to get it to run rich enuf to ride without having your buns burned off! So after you pony up the 20k+ get ready the pay thousands more in retrofitting the bike so it's ridable in normal summer weather (unless your riding in far far north, where it will most likely keep you nice and warm. LOL !!!!
Irover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Just got the latest issue of "Rider" magizine,
which has reviews of the 08 Harley models. WHAT A JOKE! Not a single word mentioned about the
overheating of transmission problems. Did they
get solved in 08? Printing HD press releases and calling the reviews is a fraud on the riding
public! Interesting that in the very back of this rag they printed an in-depth review of a after-market electronic fuel system? Seems the
editor of the 08 reviews missed that
RINGER

Woodford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Yeah well a mate of mine had one of those victory's here in the UK and the pile of shit rusted and fell to bits. pile of crap.
john hellen

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

people know and respect h d bikes.they have come to expect a certain quality and durability from them..the overheating and poor transmission of the 07 models is disgraceful given that the manufacturer has put in cheapo and shit innards which are not up to par.people everywhere should protest to their dealer and demand better quality control given that these bikes are expensive to buy and have a reputation to live up to..
Keith

Bastrop, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Hi,
I was reading the comments on the over heating problem with HDs new engine. I am thinking about purchasing one from the overseas dealer in Iraq. Specifically the Heritage Softail has anyone heard if the 2008 the engine over heating problem fixed?
frank

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Irover wrote:
What happened to the pricing on the Harley Davidson Web
Site?
keep drilling down to specs, you will see it.
greasemonkey

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

Keith wrote:
Hi,
I was reading the comments on the over heating problem with HDs new engine. I am thinking about purchasing one from the overseas dealer in Iraq. Specifically the Heritage Softail has anyone heard if the 2008 the engine over heating problem fixed?
Keith, it will not overheat. you must ride the bike my friend, not sit at the beach putting around all day long. you can go to the beach, and I DO recommed that, but after a few hours, open it up on the highway, and it will cool off tremendously. these guys that work in the factories have a good idea how to build motorcycles, I seen them first hand when I was in school there,HD is a fantastic product, otherwise they would not be in business any more.
Buy one state side, you will not be disapointed
Irover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

Keith,

What the "GreaseMonkey" forgot to tell you
is that BEFORE you leave the dealership make sure
they install a aftermaket EFI, Air Cleaners, and
new pipes. Dont forget to budget another 1-2K $$
for the honor of owning your harley. Oh, and by
the way, if you do have any future problems with
your engine, the above changes VOIDS the warrenty.

Since: Sep 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

Keith wrote:
Hi,
Keith, I just bought a 2008 ultra , on the ride home from the harley shop (about 80 miles), my right leg got so hot I didn't think I was going to make it. I sure wish I kept my 2003 Standard.

Since: Sep 07

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

Keith,
I just purchased a 2008 Harley Ultra Classic, trust me the heat problem didn't go away . I came to these sites to see how to fix the problem with the heat. I don't have an extra 2 grand to solve the problem , I should have kept my 2003 standard.
electraglidecoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

I also purchased a 07 FLHTCUI about 2 months ago. I was told by HD mechanics and the sales person(up front) to put in the HD race tuner kit . Then get a stage one air breather and also some larger exhausts . You have to do all the above and make sure you put in the race tuner and let the mechanic change the computer program to run richer. If you just put on the pipes without the race tuner you can damage the bike . I saw a guy destroy his engine that way. MY HD screaming eagle race tuner was put in first.
This did cool down the pipes. I havent put on the other stuff yet ($$$$) but picked up the stage one kit the other day, and the slip on (RUSH brand) mufflers are on the way. I love the bike but have a nice scar on my calf from when my pant leg rode over my boot one time. I am also geting a noise in the top end of the engine (VALVES?)when at 2800 to 3000 rpm. I have to burn 93 octane gasoline.
I am going to give HD every chance and god help me if it don't work. My mechanic says he will adjust the computer to get rid ot the noise this week . I can keep you posted.
Good luck
electraglidecoop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

I also forgot to mentin I put an electric Fan on the bike. It helps when at traffic lights.
FourSpeed

Sibley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2007

Oil coolers people. Bigger motors, tighter tolerances equal heat. Course nothing will help those that think riding gear is shorts and sandals.

Harley has addressed the issue by remapping, shutting the rear cylinder from firing at idle.

Like greasemonkey says......ride the sucker, it's not called air cooled for attitude.

4sp

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motor Mayhem Aug 18 Hey 4
TheHogExchange.Com Aug 16 Bob Lee 1
The Other "Captain America" Rides a Harley (Sep '10) Aug 11 Shodamabee 2
Harley-Davison NOISE!!! Aug 11 Shodamabee 1
new free dating sites in usa (Sep '13) Aug 11 freedatingsite 2
Rip and Sync Blu-ray discs to iPad 3 on Mac OS X Aug 7 HaileyLi 1
Harley returns Road Glide to product lineup Aug 2 Kevin Vincent 1

Search the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forum:
•••