Ducati would consider Harley-Davidson...

Ducati would consider Harley-Davidson merger - anytime,' CFO says

There are 47 comments on the Financial Times story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Ducati would consider Harley-Davidson merger - anytime,' CFO says. In it, Financial Times reports that:

“In the US, we do not have critical mass”

Ducati Motor Holding, the listed Italian motorcycle manufacturer, would consider a merger with US-based Harley-Davidson "anytime", said Enrico D'Onofrio, CFO. via Financial Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Financial Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ray

Little Rock, AR

#43 Feb 18, 2008
bkw2112 wrote:
yes I agree...HD gives the USA a very bad reputation as motorcycle builders, one group of HD riders are meth-heads w/ missing teeth w/ bags all over the bike, cause their homeless, the other is the extreme opposite, doctors, lawyers etc..that think buying a HD makes them a culd-a-sac badass, Americans...why the attraction w/ dirty old hippy turned meth dealer motorcycles???
I Fu*#en hate HD!!! white trash bikes, have been since the 60's
i bet you aint got the balls to walk in a real biker bar and say these things. so go ahead and hide behind your keyboard there wannabe. i love HD and i live the biker lifestyle (although i dont use or sell meth) as you claim that we all do. also real bikers live alot of their life on the road (something you weekend warriors know nothing about) we dont trailor our bikes a mile from a run and then pretend that we rode a thousand miles to get there. you are the type of idiot that we love to f#$k with though, we get a big laugh at your kind. grow some balls loser.
Alexandria MN

Vergas, MN

#44 Mar 29, 2008
I don’t know where your originally from, don’t rightly care, but you are way off base when you say American engineers are “not as good as immigrants from China, India, Mexico or Europe”. I would like to see where you get these statistics, especially since most of that immigrant engineer’s graduate from AMERICAN colleges! This is a free country that allows thousands if not millions of immigrants in every year. If you think this country is “the land of the greedy killing the budgets of the middle class to outsource for buying” give up your AMERICAN salary and get out of OUR COUNTRY! You must be an engineer; take a look at the average salary in China ($2,000 a year), India, Mexico or Europe, I’m sure they would love to utilize your skills.
Scott wrote:
I love Ducati but Harkey doesn't make race engines, they tried that with their 1000cc. They dropped the program and for very years in the 1990's they could win one race. Ducati dominates everything. If Ducati goes in with Harley, I hope they are not down degraded to poor Harley engineering.
Also Harley's labor is far more expensive as their US Labor's demand high salaries because US employees are not are good as immigrants from China, India, Mexico or Europe. US employees keep suing each other, complain too much, discrimination issues and etc.
Ducati doesn't need these problems because the US is under major inflation right now and the US dollar exchange rate stinks.
More and more companies in the US are outsourcing because of the cost of America. Too much and salaries are killing US companies left & right.
Don't get me wrong but have you see the prices for Harley changed from 2000 to 2007, a major change, more and more people are buying Japanese because US wants too much. The term buy live American is not the slogan anymore, it is the land of the greedy killing the budgets of the middle class to outsource for buying.
Emil

Espoo, Finland

#45 Mar 30, 2008
Harley Davidson and Ducati. two different styles, both powerful.

Since: Feb 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#46 Mar 31, 2008
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>i bet you aint got the balls to walk in a real biker bar and say these things. so go ahead and hide behind your keyboard there wannabe. i love HD and i live the biker lifestyle (although i dont use or sell meth) as you claim that we all do. also real bikers live alot of their life on the road (something you weekend warriors know nothing about) we dont trailor our bikes a mile from a run and then pretend that we rode a thousand miles to get there. you are the type of idiot that we love to f#$k with though, we get a big laugh at your kind. grow some balls loser.
Ray, my advice - ignore the angry, neurotic, anti-Harley morons who plague our forums. Why are they even here? To vent the frustrations and anger of their lives at others. They should be seeing psychologists and psychiatrists, and be on medications, but since most won't, just ignore them. They especially don't like the fact that we enjoy our Harleys, shops, clubs, shows, events, and runs - despite the fact they we know Jap bikes and other foreign bikes have better design, tech, engineering, and reliability. They don't get it, and they never will. Let them stay in their neuroses and anger, while we have fun.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#47 Mar 31, 2008
Ray, my advice - ignore the angry, neurotic, anti-Harley morons who plague our forums. Why are they even here? To vent the frustrations and anger of their lives at others. They should be seeing psychologists and psychiatrists, and be on medications, but since most won't, just ignore them. They especially don't like the fact that we enjoy our Harleys, shops, clubs, shows, events, and runs - despite the fact that we know Jap bikes and other foreign bikes have better design, tech, engineering, and reliability. They don't get it, and they never will. Let them stay in their neuroses and anger, while we have fun.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48 Mar 31, 2008
Man! Typos, typos, typos! Lookin' forward to typing being replaced with a better system of writing!

Regarding Ducati merging with Harley - NO. Way too many differences in EVERYTHING, especially cultures and lifestyles. Sure, Ducati has generally better tech and engineering. So what? Where's their blues, soul, funk, R&B, and back street? Answer - just like Jap bikes, there isn't any.
BEAN

Longboat Key, FL

#51 May 6, 2008
One of the last Icons of America.
They are now thinking to sell out.Shame on them.We lost so many American manufactured things to the world.They could never compete with us in any category you can think of.They were followers,buyers..now they are buyers of companys...With the good Ole American buck not worth a dam,there is a market here.

Like some bargain basement they have been coming.Chinese,Japanese,French ,Germans,and yes Mexico.

Our commercial Airplane fleet ,has been getting parts,and maintenance all over the world.This while these whores politicians fill our heads with BS.'We will give you Jobs..they BS us..HA!

Its not Ducati,Mercedes,Vespa,and all that the others put out are not good,its not ours.,Its the loss of our Identity.

We,after educating the world in technology,are now being taught by them.At the conclusion of WW2,they were all on there butts,we beat em,pick em up,dust them off,and only little over 60 yrs they are wining the war,we thought we won!

This is gotta be the worst generation ever....we have been sold out by Politicans.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ducati Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ride Tastefully: Union Motorcycle's Ducati Monza Jan '16 Motbikever 1
News Motorcycle Show in Long Beach (Nov '15) Dec '15 subwayman 3
Al Lamb's Dallas Honda, 2013 Ducati 848 Evo (Nov '15) Nov '15 cryswell 1
News a Mercedes-AMG Just Snagged A Stake In Motorcyc... (Nov '14) Nov '14 JW McCanliss 1
News Motorcycle maker Ducati stresses U.S. sales (Mar '14) Mar '14 dracul 1
News Harley-Davidson Opens First Showroom in Vietnam (Dec '13) Dec '13 McQuanchua 4
i want to sell my ducati motorcycle (Aug '13) Aug '13 Anonymous 1
More from around the web