2000 Buell Blast
Dave

AOL

#1 Oct 23, 2007
My Daughter has a 2000 Blast that was running great at speeds below 40 MPH, it has about 3,500 miles on it. After her first ride @ highway speeds it started to leak oil a little and as things went on it started leaking a bunch more, the majority seems to be coming out of the breather port on top of the cylinder.

I will be taking it in for repair and am asking what I might expect.

[email protected]
Joe

Miami, FL

#2 Nov 17, 2007
I have a 2000 Buell Blast. im the third owner, it has 13000 miles on it. It is the best starter bike! The Buell is known for having oil leaking issues. But at the same time, the bike is very easy to take apart, Ive replaced the manifold, PCV, cleaned the carborate, checked the jets.. Its pretty easy to maintain, even the oil leaks are fixable. Only downside is that mine doesnt go over 100mph.
Garrett Wimer

Hutchinson, KS

#3 Feb 27, 2008
I have a 2001 Buell Blast that leaks oil from what I think is the head...My Buell still ride well,I can get mine to about 110. The oil leak is concerning me a little,anyone got anything?
Giuseppe

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#4 Mar 12, 2008
hey!
i just bought my first Buell XB9 2006 from an auction, and it came with more damages that were offered... so i need to fix it up...
im in Guatemala and we dont have a Buell (Harley) store to go to... so i need to find parts on the net... but do not want to pay full retail price on it... specially from a dealer site.

I need:

1.- Handle bar
2.- Shifting lever (on handle bar)
3.- Foot pegs
4.- Shift lever (foot)
5.- Rear tire

Because im far... i can receive it on a PO BOX in Miami... so any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
G
Giuseppe

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#5 Mar 12, 2008
my email is [email protected]
Adam

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Garrett Wimer wrote:
I have a 2001 Buell Blast that leaks oil from what I think is the head...My Buell still ride well,I can get mine to about 110. The oil leak is concerning me a little,anyone got anything?
Most likely the rocker cover gasket leaking. My wife had a 2000 that started leaking with only 2500 miles on it. This is a pretty common problem.

It is not a hard fix.
Garrett Wimer

Hutchinson, KS

#7 Mar 15, 2008
I will check out the rocker cover gasket and let you know whats up with it. Thanks for the advice.

Since: Mar 08

Cudahy, WI

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Hey everyone I have a quick 2 minute survey for my class and I'd really appreciate if you took it. Here's the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx ...
Thank you!

Since: Mar 08

Cudahy, WI

#9 Mar 26, 2008
The whole link didn't show up, so here it is again:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx...
MNO

Delton, MI

#10 Apr 23, 2008
I have a 01 Buell Blast
Had the head gasket blow three years ago.
Mechanic said it was a very common problem, bad gasket from factory (I think).
VERY easy to fix if your handy, I did it myself
If not it may cost ya.
Mine runs like a champ now.
joser

Towson, MD

#11 Jun 7, 2008
MNO wrote:
I have a 01 Buell Blast
Had the head gasket blow three years ago.
Mechanic said it was a very common problem, bad gasket from factory (I think).
VERY easy to fix if your handy, I did it myself
If not it may cost ya.
Mine runs like a champ now.
Question, to replace head gasket on a 2001 buell blast do you have to drop the engine????
joser

Towson, MD

#12 Jun 7, 2008
to replace head gasket on 2001 buell blaster do you have to drop the engine??What is the difficulty in changing it??
Cin

Muskegon, MI

#13 Jul 29, 2008
My 2001 Blast leaked from the time I got it new. I was told oh it's just weeping ,that's a Harley for you, so on. Not wanting to make waves although it was under warranty I accepted this. Now the leaks getting worse and I have to pay out of pocket.Any advice on how to best approach mechanic? Should I get glow in the dark additive to determine exact place of leak ?
Tom Wilson

AOL

#14 Oct 28, 2008
I have a 2004 Blast that I bought used with less than 500 miles. It now,after seven months, has over 10,000 miles. Yes, I ride it a lot! The bike is famous for a leaking rocker-box gasket. This gasket is between the top of the head and the valve cover. Mine leaked and it was a simple fix. A head gasket fits between the cylinder head and the cylinder. The Blast is not known for blowing head gaskets. A blown head gasket is a major problem, a leaking rocker box gasket is just a pain in the butt.
Tim Brown

San Diego, CA

#15 Jul 10, 2009
Hey guys I've got a 2004 Buell Blast I bought it new with 1999 miles on it. Its got 4000 miles on it now and It doesn't appear to be leaking oil anywhere.

I changed the oil not even 1000 miles ago and its all gone????? I was warned this thing sucks oil but now i have this really bad noise! It sounds like grinding metal and it happens most often in second going to first. Any clues? Suggestions? Comments would be helpful?

(I obviously put new oil in)
Bren

AOL

#16 Mar 14, 2010
What is the best oil for 2000 Buell blast? Also, I just bought it and the first time I tried to start it, it drained the battery. Any suggestions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buell Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The goodyear falcon that not for the blast (Mar '17) Mar '17 Nedde d 1
2000 x1 lighning head light (Jun '16) Jun '16 Ron s 1
News Erik Buell Remembers His First Employee: Henry ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 BuellGirl 1
Ruff runing Buell X1 lighting (Feb '06) Oct '14 Joshbiz 8
News Zephyrhills motorcyclist dies after hitting Pol... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Adare 1
X1-Lightening engine for sale (Nov '07) Jan '13 d dobson 7
News Black 'N' Blue Buell | 2010 Sims Custom Bikes R... (Oct '11) Jan '13 Tank 3
More from around the web