Big Dog Cuts One-Third Of Workforce

Big Dog Cuts One-Third Of Workforce

There are 3 comments on the KAKE story from Sep 6, 2008, titled Big Dog Cuts One-Third Of Workforce. In it, KAKE reports that:

Big Dog Motorcycles announced another round of job cuts. This time the company is laying off one-third of its workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAKE.

Ex-BDM

Riverside, CA

#1 Sep 29, 2008
Company has been declining rapidly in sales, inventory is piling up, and dealers are sitting on a ton of bikes...and the company has completed bikes sitting in warehouse in big #'s, either returned by financially troubled dealers, or due to overproduction. Company suppliers putting upward pressure on prices due to falling margins, over-facilitized...and too top-heavy.

Little guy suffers...quality suffers...predict more bruising...
Dino

Bellflower, CA

#2 Oct 1, 2008
Ex-BDM wrote:
Company has been declining rapidly in sales, inventory is piling up, and dealers are sitting on a ton of bikes...and the company has completed bikes sitting in warehouse in big #'s, either returned by financially troubled dealers, or due to overproduction. Company suppliers putting upward pressure on prices due to falling margins, over-facilitized...and too top-heavy.
Little guy suffers...quality suffers...predict more bruising...
Could be a few different things here...

Limited Market - Not everyone wants what they have to offer. Factory Customs? I'll customize my own bike. Then I know I won't see another one like it on the road.

The Economy - I'd guess that people just don't have the $$$$ for one.
Personal experience

Superior, WI

#3 Feb 14, 2009
Maybe they would be doing better if the quality and reliability was there. You can believe whatever you want,but if you want the truth talk to some Big Dog owners that have put more than a couple thousand miles on thier Big Dog.
Choppers are out,bobbers and baggers are in. Big Dog is yesterdays news.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Dog Motorcycle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Dog Recalls (Jun '16) Jun '16 marcus 1
Big Dog Wolf Fuel Reserve (May '16) May '16 Fran 1
rear brakes 05 big dog chopper (Mar '16) Mar '16 gearhead jeff 1
battery (Sep '15) Sep '15 alan statler 1
piece of shit bikes (Mar '11) Jan '14 velarde 3
News K&N Filters Goes Racing With Jay Leno's Big Dog... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Bubb Rubb 2
News Big Dog Motorcycles is no more; Intrust forecloses (Apr '11) Jun '13 Daili 13
More from around the web