Bikers to roar back to the beach

Bikers to roar back to the beach

There are 72 comments on the The State story from May 11, 2011, titled Bikers to roar back to the beach. In it, The State reports that:

Don't expect this year's Harley-Davidson bike rally, kicking off this weekend, to be like last year's tame affair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Burnet, TX

#1 May 11, 2011
I've ridden a Harley for years and I wear a full face helmet. A quality helmet with good venting is no hotter than an unshaded head. If you ride a bike long enough you are going to go down either by your fault or someone elses, be prepared for the eventual.

Rock Hill, SC

#2 May 11, 2011

Lansing, MI

#4 May 11, 2011

Ashburn, VA

#5 May 11, 2011
fdsg df

Rock Hill, SC

#6 May 11, 2011

Columbus, OH

#8 May 11, 2011

Lansing, MI

#9 May 11, 2011
werwerew r

Morehead, KY

#10 May 11, 2011

Lansing, MI

#11 May 11, 2011

Los Angeles, CA

#12 May 11, 2011

Rochester, NY

#13 May 11, 2011

Hampshire, IL

#16 May 11, 2011

Fairmont, WV

#17 May 12, 2011
Wear a full face helmet. It is the persons choice but that is what I choose.

Mount Pleasant, SC

#20 May 13, 2011
Tyrone wrote:
Come on down he'a dat bees good 4 economy. i beez ridin wit da king kickin ass alrite now....da beez having crashes fight everything and Hos, drugs everything dem whites as bad as memorial day man!!
Stupid Nigguh Tyrone, take your spook ass else where. How about during one of your drug runs, use some of that money for an English class, because your Stupid Nigguh self needs one.

Wantagh, NY

#21 May 14, 2011
Loser.. no further comment needed..
ncjail wrote:
no one cares about bikers. how can we possibly fill our tanks with soaring gas prices in myrtle beach.

Prestonsburg, KY

#25 Aug 7, 2011
Well i might just come back. Havent been there after the new law took effect.

Irmo, SC

#26 Aug 7, 2011
Samson rip saws, 95cc zippers.
Nobody bothers me and Iím one bad azz crazy MF.

Irmo, SC

#27 Aug 7, 2011
Ok maybe not that crazy and not that bad azz but I do have my moments and so far I do not see any Harassment.
The town is so broke that they cannot afford any more law suits.
I let, em rip and have a good time, but I still do not spend a single dime. No money spent on any business that is a member of the Murder Beach Shamers of commerce.
The funny thing is I used to have quiet pipes, but since they turned me into an outlaw, I said oh well WTF, and now I simply do not care about kissing azz. Ironically now the town is behaving themselves and is on their best behavior. It is like the Wild West. Unless you are a moron you can pretty much get away with doing whatever you want. I actually like the way it all turned out. It is win win.
The loser go broke, the politiciansí will be voted out. The stupid tourist will go else ware, more even stupider ones will take their place, and the town is now wide open for those that know how to play the games.
They pretend like we did not make an impact but those of us in the know, know that our boycott did in fact decimate the town.
Not one single major hurricane since the boycott which means no major hotel cancelations and yet still the business can hardly make ends meet and you can still see all those empty storefronts with the for rent signs in the windows.
The town made more money during the rally than the 4th of July combined with the rest of the year.
The fools chose to run off 600 million dollars worth of revenue in the middle of a depression. Not to bright. Based on results the Mayor, council and Chamber members are truly a bunch of slow minded pickled brains. Who does such a thing? Run a way tourist from a tourist town in the middle of a depression. That goes beyond insane. Unless they deliberately tried to destroy half the businesses overnight so that they could later buy them up for pennies on the dollar, then why?

Irmo, SC

#28 Aug 7, 2011
Maybe if we get a nice Hurricane my second row property will become first row property.
Maybe one day all the old slow minded pickled brains will get sent to where ever it is that they belong and all the YOUNGERWISER, open minded citizens will stand up for the American ways.
What ever happened to all the real cowboys that used to believe in freedom and justice and fighting for what is right?
How is it that all the pansy liberal transplants have picked this place to come and spread their ass-ociation mentality, with their lets ban this and ban that thinking.
I,ll keep my flag and my Samson rip saws, 95cc zippers.
Nobody bothers me . Iím crazy so I have a good excuse.
dustin b rowe

Mount Morris, MI

#30 Aug 8, 2011
the helmet law has been repealed and all who were fined were repayed. RIDE ON!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sikh motorcyclist challenges turban ban in Canada (Feb '08) Feb 19 paseri 25
News He's ridden the same Honda Gold Wing for a mill... (Sep '17) Feb '18 marac21 2
News Motorcyclist cartwheeled through air after bein... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Fred Steele 1
Accident (Jul '15) Jul '15 FredSanford 1
News Walker defends Wisconsin voter ID laws (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your Ex 141
motorcycle accident commack long island new york (Sep '14) Sep '14 norton123 1
News Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1