AB's leaders pleased with yearly Bike...

AB's leaders pleased with yearly Bikefest

There are 85 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jun 18, 2008, titled AB's leaders pleased with yearly Bikefest. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

Despite Myrtle Beach's intention to spend $1 million to drive away two large bike rallies during the month of May, Atlantic Beach leaders say bikers are still welcome in their town during the Memorial Day ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
MICHAEL HENDERSON SR

Tarawa Terrace, NC

#1 Jun 18, 2008
WE ARE COMING NO MATTER WHAT.IT HAS ACTUALLY TURNED INTO A FAMILY REUNION.YOU MEET NEW FRIENDS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.THAT IS THE ONLY TIME OF THE YEAR WE SEE EACH OTHER.JUST REMEMBER,"WE WILL BE BACK".
Fist to Face

Summerville, SC

#2 Jun 18, 2008
MICHAEL HENDERSON SR wrote:
WE ARE COMING NO MATTER WHAT.IT HAS ACTUALLY TURNED INTO A FAMILY REUNION.YOU MEET NEW FRIENDS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.THAT IS THE ONLY TIME OF THE YEAR WE SEE EACH OTHER.JUST REMEMBER,"WE WILL BE BACK".
Please do come back.
MICHAEL HENDERSON SR

Tarawa Terrace, NC

#3 Jun 18, 2008
Don't worry!Now for those who want to turn this into a month for the military.I am a veteran.So imagine how many men and women that are serving there country now and have served are there on bikes every year Memorial Weekend.No matter how you try to smooth this over it still boils down to racism.There are somethings in life you can't change and BLACK BIKEWEEK is one of them.Deal with it or find you a new state to live in.No matter what you do or how high gas gets I promise you we will be there.The more you cry about the situation,the more we will bring.WE WILL NOT LOSE!!!!!!!!
rocktex

Myrtle Beach, SC

#4 Jun 19, 2008
you've already lost.... deal with it :-)
Wow

AOL

#5 Jun 19, 2008
Wow! The leaders of Atlantic Beach really are dumber then I thought! I didn't think it was possible, but the proved me wrong again. They really don't see anything wrong with BBW? No, it's not about skin color either, so they can stop using that old excuse, it doesn't escuse their behaviors. Put up a nice big fence during BBW if they want them still, and keep them all in their little four block town. let the inmates run the assylum.
truthman

Alden, NY

#6 Jun 19, 2008
Typical Black reaction.
Cozmo

Conway, SC

#7 Jun 19, 2008
After all, it's "CRIMEFEST". You don't actually think these animals will obey the law and shut down their bike week, do you? NO! The law doesn't apply to them. Only the honest, older, Harley riders will be cut off from an East Coast Tradition, the Myrtle Beach Bike Week, where decent people come from all over the country to enjoy one of the best Bike Weeks in the USA. After all, the reason to stop Bike Week was because these animals finally killed someone over $10, and that was that. Now, because of fear from the NAACP, we have to stop BOTH bike events. You know, even the Police would not enforce the laws for fear of being sued by the animal faction. Crime goes unpunished, even when on video. So shut down both events to try to say it was everyone, and not get sued. But, hey, you forgot that these animals won't obey the law, and don't care if we say enough is enough. They're going to come here anyway and steal, act like lewd animals, commit any crime they want and leave, knowing that the NAACP has their backs. Only law abiding citizens obey the law, not criminals.
Old Biker

Conway, SC

#8 Jun 19, 2008
Yes, I'm an old Harley Guy. A true "Biker" I have belonged to a club or 2 in my day. We terrorized the town where we lived, and acted like idiots. That was 30 yers ago or more. Now, we're all either old and responsible, dead, or in jail. The fact that ther's a Black Bike Week is absurd anyway. Bikers are Bikers, no matter what the color, sex, age, or what you ride. We're free and love the whole riding experience. We help each other and know we can depend on other Bikers to help us.
Go ahead and shut down Myrtle Beach, as most of the events are in the county not the city. The Harley shop isn't in the city and south of there is the best place to go anyway.
The joke of a Black Bike Week is so stupid it's like us saying, hey, this is White Bike Week. Let's get the KKK out here and sue if there's any problems. HA, HA, Ha...
We know that the BBW is just an excuse for the blacks to run amok, commit crimes, lewd acts, violent acts, theft, drug use and sales, and to show their ass. Yeah, it needs to be shut down, and have one bike week where all are welcome. Race has no place in bikers loving being in the wind. Take your racist NAACP and go F yourself. WE are still haveing the Fall Bike Week, Right? Well that's enough. One Bike Week for everyone, in peace and harmony. No place for racism, black or white, or yellow, or brown. We all ride to ride, not to commit crimes. The murder that ahppened to set this all in motion was a 16 year old punk, not a biker.
Cozmo

Conway, SC

#9 Jun 19, 2008
That would be great, but the black won't go for it. THEY want to have their own. THEY want to commit crimes. THEY want trouble. SO..... let 'em come on back next year. We'll be waiting for 'em.
More COPS, More LAWS, NO MORE NAACP Threats or legal action. Start enforcing ALL the Laws, GIVE TICKETS ! MAKE ARRESTS !
New Yorker

Longs, SC

#10 Jun 19, 2008
Atlantic Beach Leaders? Leaders LEAD people - not the case in AB!
Myrtle Beach Bobby

Myrtle Beach, SC

#11 Jun 19, 2008
New Yorker wrote:
J. Reuben Long for Mayor of Atlantic Beach. Or, is that the mayor in J. Reuben Long. Either way AB is toast. If CRIMEFEST comes back in May 2009, cordon off the town and call in the National Guard.
johnson

United States

#12 Jun 19, 2008
The problem is the overwhelming NUMBERS of bikers that show up. This small town CAN NOT handle the huge influx of people...who party 24 HOURS A DAY while here.

This is why I have had to leave my home EVERY Memorial Day weekend. I am a permanent resident who pays taxes in this community, I should not be driven from my home every year!!
Yeh Right

Summerville, SC

#15 Jun 19, 2008
Pleased with Bikefest?
As they say ...'thank you sir, may I have another'
T_MB

Conway, SC

#16 Jun 19, 2008
The fact that the completely incompetent and failing Atlantic Beach authorities want to keep it is evidence enough that it's a bad decision. They can't even get through a town council meeting without infighting breaking it up, they have mismanaged their funds, yet they still wish to opine on the bike weeks? Ha.
ShootFirst

Myrtle Beach, SC

#17 Jun 19, 2008
MICHAEL HENDERSON SR wrote:
Don't worry!Now for those who want to turn this into a month for the military.I am a veteran.So imagine how many men and women that are serving there country now and have served are there on bikes every year Memorial Weekend.No matter how you try to smooth this over it still boils down to racism.There are somethings in life you can't change and BLACK BIKEWEEK is one of them.Deal with it or find you a new state to live in.No matter what you do or how high gas gets I promise you we will be there.The more you cry about the situation,the more we will bring.WE WILL NOT LOSE!!!!!!!!
Memorial Day isn't about veterans, that would be Veterans Day. Google Memorial Day so you will know the difference.
Do you know how childish you sound? Every time blacks don't get their way, it's "racism". Not because you act like a bunch of idiots, but "racism". And, speaking of "racism", what happened to your (NAACP) boycott of South Carolina? Is it temporarily suspended for the week?
Tell me Mr. Henderson, are you proud of the fact that your people defecate and urinate and have sex in the middle of a crowded street? I promise you, if someone whipped out his tallywacker on Ocean Blvd. during Harley week, he'd get the snot kicked out of him. Do you bring YOUR children? If you do, it's no wonder they turn out like you. Thousands of black families come here every year, and act civilized, and are welcomed. Go to MB state park any day during the summer and witness, you can see huge black family reunions. Nobody is trying to keep THEM out. If we are racists, wouldn't we be trying to keep ALL blacks out ALL of the time?
ShootFirst

Myrtle Beach, SC

#18 Jun 19, 2008
New Yorker wrote:
Well put!

“Secret Agent Alpha 5 !”

Since: May 08

Briarcliffe, SC

#19 Jun 19, 2008
This is coming from "The Atlantic Beach Leaders" who are either indicted or being sued. The same town that hasnt paid its bills-- defaulted on loans on Police Cars- HAS no budget HAS no structure--

Yeah-- YOU AB Leaders carry a lot of clout- OH WAIT- YOU make everyone else carry it for you.

Guess What? GAME OVER!
opinionated48

Columbia, SC

#23 Jun 19, 2008
BeachBlonde wrote:
This is coming from "The Atlantic Beach Leaders" who are either indicted or being sued. The same town that hasnt paid its bills-- defaulted on loans on Police Cars- HAS no budget HAS no structure--
Yeah-- YOU AB Leaders carry a lot of clout- OH WAIT- YOU make everyone else carry it for you.
Guess What? GAME OVER!
Well said. These are the biggest bunch of losers that ever tried to ruin a town. I said ruin, not run. Idiots.
Wilma

Mansfield, PA

#24 Jun 19, 2008
Maybe I missed something here, but I don't see where Myrtle Beach is discriminating against blacks as referred to "It should be about bikers; it shouldn't be about color," Thompson said. "It's unfortunate that the Myrtle Beach council has taken this position, but that's the position people took back in the early '50s. Times change, but sometimes people don't."
Concern land owner

Florence, SC

#25 Jun 19, 2008
Next year Bike Fest needs to be handle by someone more responsible than Ms. Pierce, she's not capable of handling anything, nor is she capable of being Mayor or Councilwomen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist cartwheeled through air after bein... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Fred Steele 1
Accident (Jul '15) Jul '15 FredSanford 1
News Walker defends Wisconsin voter ID laws (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your Ex 141
motorcycle accident commack long island new york (Sep '14) Sep '14 norton123 1
News Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
News Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
News Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
More from around the web