Travel group sees increase in motorcycle deaths

Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

A travel group says motorcycle deaths in South Carolina have increased 40 percent over the past five years AAA Carolinas says that rate is likely to increase as higher gas prices push people to buy motorcycles.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2008
Southern Rebel

Manning, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

With gas prices going up every day you will see more and more motorcycles on the roads. We pay our far share of taxes just like a car owner.We on motorcycles have just as much right as a car,truck,suv.

Most of the accidents are caused by a car,suv,truck driver that causes the accident.The biggest issue is all the users on cell phones talking or dialing and not paying attention to where they are driving. Many states have ban the use of cell phones being held in the users hand while driving.
SHOVELHEAD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2008

The AAA has always been against the trucking industry as a whole for many years They have always been anti mortorcyclist also. Their biased narrow minded opinion they dont want anyone on the roads but cars. There are probably more motorcyclist deaths due to there being more motorcycles on the road It does not take a rocket scientist to figgure that out. Get them to answer why there are more car deaths than ever before the answer is easy the same as motorcycles but they will not admit that SHOVELHEAD GCB SC

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
BUY false passports, buy the card ID FAKE, FAKE... (Dec '12) Apr '14 CJB 6
Chasing a big city dream comes with big bills (Jul '07) Mar '14 Lina 2
Chasing a big city dream comes with big bills (Jun '07) Mar '14 Corrie 2
2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Review (Dec '08) Jan '14 Dave 45

Search the Motorcycle Accidents Forum:
•••