Sikh motorcyclist challenges turban b...

Sikh motorcyclist challenges turban ban in Canada

There are 21 comments on the Toronto News.Net story from Feb 16, 2008, titled Sikh motorcyclist challenges turban ban in Canada. In it, Toronto News.Net reports that:

“Roads and riding a motorcycle are something that is available to everybody in Ontario provided they wear a helmet. But that condition makes it impossible for Mr. Bedesha and everybody of the Sikh religion. That amounts to discrimination.”

Toronto News.Net Saturday 16th February, 2008 A Toronto area Sikh, who was fined for driving a motorcycle without a helmet, has taken his battle to court for his right to wear a turban. via Toronto News.Net

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toronto News.Net.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kell

Toronto, Canada

#21 Jun 12, 2013
I saw some of the cyclists riding on the roads without helmet. Let SIKHS ride their motorcycles with their turban. Atleast they have something on their head rather than nothing.

I think driving a motorcycle is always a safety issue or dangerous. What will happen if any person with helmet or turban won't get hurt on the head but badly injured on the other parts of the body or lost their leg or arm. It doesn't mean that motorcycles should be banned for driving. " Drive only cars"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist cartwheeled through air after bein... Apr '16 Fred Steele 1
Accident (Jul '15) Jul '15 FredSanford 1
News Walker defends Wisconsin voter ID laws (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your Ex 141
motorcycle accident commack long island new york (Sep '14) Sep '14 norton123 1
News Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
News Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
News Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
More from around the web