: Motorcyclist falls off bike on High...

: Motorcyclist falls off bike on Highway 330

There are 18 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Jun 9, 2008, titled : Motorcyclist falls off bike on Highway 330. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

A San Clemente woman died late Sunday after she lost control of a Harley Davidson motorcycle on Highway 330 and fell off the bike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

spike

Endicott, NY

#1 Jun 9, 2008
Did she fall off the bike? Or did it hit the guard rails and was she then ejected? Was it because she was on a Harley Davidson? Wow talk about no compassion, there would have been more of a story if it were a auto accident.
Dino

San Dimas, CA

#2 Jun 10, 2008
They don't even have the story online any more...

You don't just fall off a motorcycle.
LongTime HarleyRider

Austin, TX

#4 Jun 10, 2008
If she was over 40-50 it could easily be a stroke/heart attack/seizure.
Dino

San Dimas, CA

#6 Jun 11, 2008
Sounds like a case of "Target Fixation". You tend to steer towards what you're looking at. She was probably scared that she was going to hit the guard-rail, and focused on that.

Another rider down...R.I.P....
TITO

Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 13, 2008
That doesnt sound so good
cindy

Kathleen, GA

#9 Jun 13, 2008
thats a bad deal.
janet

San Clemente, CA

#10 Jun 13, 2008
Elaine was in my Women's bible study group and had a heart for the lord. She was always such a bright, cheerful person. We are all in shock and I will be praying for her family and friends. Rest in Peace my sister.
Ash

Kathleen, GA

#11 Jun 15, 2008
This is so sad :( You really have to know what your doing and you have to be very careful!!! I am very sorry for the family's loss...
A Rider

Laramie, WY

#12 Jun 16, 2008
I would venture to say there is a cage hiding in the untold part of the story there somewhere.
Sad for her and her family

Since: Dec 07

Longs, SC

#13 Jun 16, 2008
Prayers and condolences to the family and friends of this fallen biker.
Brent

Santa Ana, CA

#15 Jun 17, 2008
I have driven that road many times and it sounds like where she lost control is where it narrows from a 4 lane highway down to a 2 lane winding road. If you don't know it's coming, you could easily get caught going too fast. It is the site of many accidents.
I understand she was a single mother of a 12 year old son.
Ash

Ocilla, GA

#16 Jun 17, 2008
Ok... come on here A rider and TitoFTW this woman lost her life and her son lost his mother i honestly cant believe all you two can say is "The whole story isn't being told here..." Thats horrible!!! Who cares about the 'whole" story a womans life has ended!!!
Dino

San Dimas, CA

#18 Jun 18, 2008
MyLife wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand that when a motorcyclist dies while riding, we riders want to learn from the event. It's not meant to be disrespectful. I want to know the whole story also so I can live to ride another day.
Well said...
Ash

Ocilla, GA

#19 Jun 18, 2008
MyLife wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand that when a motorcyclist dies while riding, we riders want to learn from the event. It's not meant to be disrespectful. I want to know the whole story also so I can live to ride another day.
Very much under stood any i do agree with you!:)
PETER FASTWOLF

Elmhurst, IL

#20 Jun 19, 2008
A 2 sec mistake and it turn out very bad, I have been riding for 30 yrs on the street (HD) and you must know that things can happen at any time your on the bike
motorcycles are not for every one just like some can not play sports, today lots of riders can not fix there bikes and that tells you something about the rider, I will never talk anyone into riding a motorcycle FEAR SETS IN AND THEY LOSE CONTROL... MAY GOD BE WITH HER AND HER SON.
Fidel Flores

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Jun 24, 2008
Wow My Wife and I were the first on the scene as a matter of fact it was my wife had the only phone tha t could reach out to make the 911 call. She was in poor condition but didnt think fatal. Our condolences to here family and the pack she was riding with. was hard to determine the cause. The bike was standing up on its own againts the gaurd rail about 30 feet in front of here and I for sure could tell she had skipped of the rail. Attention getter for myself and really has me riding event more safe than before....
Heather

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#23 Sep 12, 2008
No, she was going down the mountain, not up so she wasnt near the guard rails
BIKER

Elizabethton, TN

#25 Sep 14, 2008
We all need to be extra carefull, as the old saying about you have been down or are going down. I have been both and am thankful that I can still walk. Hope to learn the all of the facts in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist cartwheeled through air after bein... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Fred Steele 1
Accident (Jul '15) Jul '15 FredSanford 1
News Walker defends Wisconsin voter ID laws (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your Ex 141
motorcycle accident commack long island new york (Sep '14) Sep '14 norton123 1
News Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
News Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
News Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
More from around the web