Motorcyclist dies after bike overturns

Motorcyclist dies after bike overturns

There are 71 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Motorcyclist dies after bike overturns. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A man died Sunday afternoon after his motorcycle overturned on a slight embankment in Madison County, according to the Highway Patrol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Thank You Veterans!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas & WNC

#62 Apr 11, 2009
Mtnbred wrote:
<quoted text>
I have thought about my kids when riding---that's what helps me keep alert. Now, cruising down to Hot Springs is a wonderful ride. Heck, just about any road is a good ride---except in Asheville and on the interstates---lol I am going to do the whole Tail of the Dragon this summer---thats my plans anyhow. I have done parts---well from Fontana to the little store and back on a couple of occasions. Not much, but enough to see the fun!!
It is a very nice (over rated, somewhat) ride. We did it four times a couple of years ago. The jap bikes are overpowering. Highway patrol real bad, too. We went on a wednesday in August. Weekdays the jap bikes aren't too very bad. They don't mind passing you up like you are standing still! Be sure to go to the websites and see your pics after you go!

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#63 Apr 11, 2009
bobette wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a very nice (over rated, somewhat) ride. We did it four times a couple of years ago. The jap bikes are overpowering. Highway patrol real bad, too. We went on a wednesday in August. Weekdays the jap bikes aren't too very bad. They don't mind passing you up like you are standing still! Be sure to go to the websites and see your pics after you go!
Bobbette, I know what ya mean about the crotch rockets!! I go pretty fast on my Triumph, but it is made to ride fast!! lol It handles the curves. No dragging tailpipes---if ya know what I mean...and I am sure you do iffin ya ride a newer Harley.

My uncle has an older Harley, fully dressed ---1960 I think. Anyhow, I can be over to Newport and back waiting on him to get to Hot Springs...lol....but it sure looks good on the road!! He and my aunt used to ride to Orlando all the time, so they have a good many miles under their seats. I didn't get the old Indian I was wanting and it still sits in the barn. Maybe someday!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#64 Apr 11, 2009
bobette wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the Tail of the Dragon? I've never heard of it. We've got a 2004 Harley Fatboy.

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#65 Apr 11, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the Tail of the Dragon? I've never heard of it. We've got a 2004 Harley Fatboy.
Over in Fontana.

“Thank You Veterans!”

Since: Mar 07

Texas & WNC

#66 Apr 11, 2009
Mtnbred wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobbette, I know what ya mean about the crotch rockets!! I go pretty fast on my Triumph, but it is made to ride fast!! lol It handles the curves. No dragging tailpipes---if ya know what I mean...and I am sure you do iffin ya ride a newer Harley.
My uncle has an older Harley, fully dressed ---1960 I think. Anyhow, I can be over to Newport and back waiting on him to get to Hot Springs...lol....but it sure looks good on the road!! He and my aunt used to ride to Orlando all the time, so they have a good many miles under their seats. I didn't get the old Indian I was wanting and it still sits in the barn. Maybe someday!!
Yep, the dragon got the fatboy's pipes a coupla times!! Even tho we did put the drag pipes on it.

lorb...... Tail of the Dragon is 129/Deals Gap @ TN stateline. The gorge is a fantastic ride - it smells like grapes when the kudzu is in full growth!

“In search of wiseazzdom.”

Since: Mar 09

Mars Hill, NC

#67 Apr 11, 2009
bobette wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the dragon got the fatboy's pipes a coupla times!! Even tho we did put the drag pipes on it.
lorb...... Tail of the Dragon is 129/Deals Gap @ TN stateline. The gorge is a fantastic ride - it smells like grapes when the kudzu is in full growth!
My husband has a Lowrider. Talk about dragging! Can't go around any kind of curve without hearing that scrubbing on the pavement.
buffy1

Spokane, WA

#68 Apr 12, 2009
bobette wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, Blah, Blah........
My sporster and I were in the Feb. 1980 issue of Easy Riders. I currently own a 1965 Electraglide and a 1999 Fatboy. The harley dealer near me in Texas and Louisiana also know me....... but I still ride!
You are not part of the crowd I'm talking about! What I'm trying to say is the few that make the rest
look self centered. Like the time I was fixing my wiring on the side of the road while a group of people rode by on their new ones and yelled out laughing for me to buy a new one. They rode on by
with no concern. The 65 pan you have is quite a
harley, last year of the pan. I had a 48 and 65pan
years ago.
Beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#69 Apr 12, 2009
down with morons wrote:
The problem is the plastic jap bikes with the young kiddie riders at the controls going as fast as they can. The harley riders aren't the problem ya bunch of morons!
Can harley's go fast enough to crash....I know some of them sound fast..or is that just loud?
Beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#70 Apr 12, 2009
buffy1 wrote:
I don't look at the new riders buying harley's as
bikers. I feel they should be titled posers. It seems to me that its not about the ride but how much money is spent. Quite a few of the riders I see
are in their fifties and forties and they're trying
to act as if they are back in their twenties. I've seen their wives dressed in leather outfits with
seams on the side indicating nothing was worn under
them. Boy its a real turn on to see a lady in her
fifties who is over weight wearing something like
this with her skin pushing through the seams. Problem is shes about forty years to late. I've
noticed the fake attitudes these clowns display
but run like a squealing pig when things get rough. Most of these clowns cause their own accidents trying to be noticed and thinking they're the latest greatest things since apple pie. Hell most of them don't know the difference
between a fork and a wrench. Thankgod I road in
earlier times before this circus of riders came
to town.
hahahaa! Must be a world-wide phenomenom!
Beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#71 Apr 12, 2009
buffy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not part of the crowd I'm talking about! What I'm trying to say is the few that make the rest
look self centered. Like the time I was fixing my wiring on the side of the road while a group of people rode by on their new ones and yelled out laughing for me to buy a new one. They rode on by
with no concern. The 65 pan you have is quite a
harley, last year of the pan. I had a 48 and 65pan
years ago.
Long live Pans!
rip ARMONDO

Glendale, CA

#72 May 13, 2009
rest in peace armondo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist cartwheeled through air after bein... Apr '16 Fred Steele 1
Accident (Jul '15) Jul '15 FredSanford 1
News Walker defends Wisconsin voter ID laws (Jun '15) Jun '15 Your Ex 141
motorcycle accident commack long island new york (Sep '14) Sep '14 norton123 1
News Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
News Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
News Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
More from around the web