Motorcyclist dies after bike overturns

Motorcyclist dies after bike overturns

There are 71 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Motorcyclist dies after bike overturns. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A man died Sunday afternoon after his motorcycle overturned on a slight embankment in Madison County, according to the Highway Patrol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
charlotte hwy

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Mar 9, 2009
every weekend the moto heads zoom at 80 mph
on the way to nowhere here in fairview.
where are the cops?????
Amused

Greenville, SC

#2 Mar 9, 2009
On 240 giving people who are just going to work speeding tickets.
JesseJames

Weaverville, NC

#3 Mar 9, 2009
charlotte hwy wrote:
where are the cops?????
The cops are everywhere all the time....moron...get in line if you need the cops..you can't possibly expect the police to be everywhere all the time? Just a little unrealistic...find something else to complain about.

“Think before you write!”

Since: Nov 08

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2009
Whether "just going to work" or "on the way to nowhere in fairview", speeding should be ticketed.
riverworm

AOL

#5 Mar 9, 2009
I'm just waiting for one to crash on N251. In the afternoon you can hear a motorcycle coming down the river road, I pray each times the person makes home, this person is moving on
Hill Billy

Manteo, NC

#6 Mar 9, 2009
THESE LITTLE SCOOTERR,S OUT HERE RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE ROAD WITH NO TAG OR INSURANCE WITH THESE FIFTY YEAR OLD ME ON THEM JUST BURN,S MY BREAD. THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO BEAT THE SYSTEM DRUNK DRIVING NO LICEN,S SO THEY RIDE A SCOOTER. I SAY LET,S PASS A LAW THEY NEED TAG AND INSURANCE AND DRIVER LISEN,S. AND THEY SHOULD NOT MAKE THOSE CROTCH ROCKET,S DO NO MORE THAN THIRTY MILE,S AN HOUR A NOTHER PROBLEM SOLVED.
Boomer Transplant

Hickory, NC

#7 Mar 9, 2009
Every weekend, Old Fort Road becomes a bike track.

Since: Nov 07

Barnesville, OH

#8 Mar 9, 2009
Amused wrote:
On 240 giving people who are just going to work speeding tickets.
As a person who used 240 this AM @ 745, I can attest to the need for Troopers or APD to be out there ticketing some of the morons that are "just going to work"!
SHPee

Hendersonville, NC

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Boomer Transplant wrote:
Every weekend, Old Fort Road becomes a bike track.
we are on the case.
tickets issued now.
suzookees
yamamahas
kawasukees
hondahs
all to get tickets.
loud harleys are ok..get a free pass.
JesseJames

Hendersonville, NC

#10 Mar 9, 2009
sorry, my brother Frank made me write snide comments.
I have had some meds am now okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Common Sense

Asheville, NC

#11 Mar 9, 2009
dadoldfart wrote:
<quoted text>
As a person who used 240 this AM @ 745, I can attest to the need for Troopers or APD to be out there ticketing some of the morons that are "just going to work"!
Glad there weren't any cops out there at 7:15 :)

As I was "just going to work"

It was dark this morning, and you couldn't see who was behind you!
Common Sense

Asheville, NC

#12 Mar 9, 2009
SHPee wrote:
<quoted text>
we are on the case.
tickets issued now.
suzookees
yamamahas
kawasukees
hondahs
all to get tickets.
loud harleys are ok..get a free pass.
WOOOOHOOOO
We don't zoom on the Harley though!
Greeneville-Tn Girl

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 9, 2009
You all are very rude and need to think about his family. Just because he wrecked doesnt mean that he was going fast or anything to that knowledge. My best friend was killed on a motorcycle 2 years ago and he was only 21. So what happens to the guy that pulled out in front of him? Should he get a ticket or serve jail time? you think about it......
down with morons

Canton, NC

#14 Mar 9, 2009
The problem is the plastic jap bikes with the young kiddie riders at the controls going as fast as they can. The harley riders aren't the problem ya bunch of morons!
06Sportster

Bristol, TN

#15 Mar 9, 2009
First of all he was not on a plastic jap bike, he was on a Harley second of all eyewitnesses account that he was traveling 35-40 mph, he was not speeding. We came upon the accident and it was a very sad scene. I'm very sorry to the family. All bikers are not alike and 9 times out of 10 it's the careless drivers in the automobiles that cause the bike accidents in the first place.

“born here/raised here”

Since: Jun 07

asheville

#16 Mar 9, 2009
maybe they should ticket the d.a,s that just set in the passing lane,, if you have no where to go, thats fine but pull over and stop and let the people with a life go by.
06Sportster

Bristol, TN

#17 Mar 9, 2009
Sorry down with morons, I read yours wrong. I agree, the HD riders are not the problem. We have too much invested in our chrome to drive like idiots, we just have to watch out for the other idiots.
enough to go around

San Francisco, CA

#18 Mar 9, 2009
A huge issue with bike accidents (driver error, not other driver fault) is inexperience. With sportbikes, speed is #1. With cruisers, not understanding the physics is tops. I've seen more than one new crusier owner, fresh from the store with his credit card worse for wear run off the road because they didn't understand counter-steering.
Remember When

Asheville, NC

#19 Mar 9, 2009
Hill Billy wrote:
THESE LITTLE SCOOTERR,S OUT HERE RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE ROAD WITH NO TAG OR INSURANCE WITH THESE FIFTY YEAR OLD ME ON THEM JUST BURN,S MY BREAD. THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO BEAT THE SYSTEM DRUNK DRIVING NO LICEN,S SO THEY RIDE A SCOOTER. I SAY LET,S PASS A LAW THEY NEED TAG AND INSURANCE AND DRIVER LISEN,S. AND THEY SHOULD NOT MAKE THOSE CROTCH ROCKET,S DO NO MORE THAN THIRTY MILE,S AN HOUR A NOTHER PROBLEM SOLVED.
Your name fits.......
Remember When

Asheville, NC

#20 Mar 9, 2009
charlotte hwy wrote:
where are the cops?????
The article is very limited. How do you know he did not have a heart attack or something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motorcycle accident commack long island new york (Sep '14) Sep '14 norton123 1
News Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
News Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
News Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
BUY false passports, buy the card ID FAKE, FAKE... (Dec '12) Apr '14 CJB 6
News Chasing a big city dream comes with big bills (Jul '07) Mar '14 Lina 2
News Chasing a big city dream comes with big bills (Jun '07) Mar '14 Corrie 2
More from around the web