Bikers Support New Red Light Law

Full story: WLTX Columbia 35
Bikers who rallied for support of a new law to allow them to run a red light if the coast is clear say that the legislation will bring more responsibility to the road. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
law and order

Lexington, SC

#1 May 29, 2008
I dont care about this law. if I see them run it I will ticket them!!beware bikers. a few of us will ticket you. the law is full of loop holes and it is up to our discretion about ticketing you and if we feel the lane is clear and if you wait for two minutes. our words against yours.
Uncle Steven

Columbia, SC

#2 May 29, 2008
law and order wrote:
I dont care about this law. if I see them run it I will ticket them!!beware bikers. a few of us will ticket you. the law is full of loop holes and it is up to our discretion about ticketing you and if we feel the lane is clear and if you wait for two minutes. our words against yours.
Catch me if you can. As fast as fast can be you'll never catch me
Perry

Duluth, GA

#3 May 29, 2008
When does this law go into affect? As a motorcycle rider, it will certainly help me out a few times each week.
Concerned Parent

Orangeburg, SC

#4 May 29, 2008
law and order wrote:
Your job is to uphold the law, whether you agree with it or not. Your job is not to "interpret the law". If you wanted to do that, you should have become a judge.

I respect law enforcement immensely, but you are the one who makes the entire force look bad.
Ted

Stockbridge, GA

#5 May 29, 2008
I see more accidents happening. What a stupid law!

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#6 May 29, 2008
I can certainly see the practicality in this law, but I hope that the affected bikers will still practice caution -- I certainly don't want anyone to be injured/killed to save a few minutes.
Papa17

Cayce, SC

#7 May 29, 2008
I am a biker and I can assure you that this will not be abused. Have you ever seen a biker T-boned it's not a pretty site. And to the law and order guy, I don't believe you are even in law enforcement, with that attitude, Germany was defetaed in WWII.
Trudge

Myrtle Beach, SC

#8 May 29, 2008
law and order wrote:
Maybe you should turn in your badge then. your job is to fairly enforce the laws as they are written. Your job is not to become a "Dirty Harry" and selectively enforce laws you don't like. Get over it, grow up and act like a man, or turn in your gun!!
citizen_watch

West Columbia, SC

#9 May 29, 2008
law and order wrote:
I see we have a few more bad apples to weed out.
Uhh

Myrtle Beach, SC

#10 May 29, 2008
Pure mayhem will ensue. SC bikers are too stupid to handle a law like this...
bikerblue

Myrtle Beach, SC

#11 May 29, 2008
law and order wrote:
Press HARD 5 Copies. Dont get ticket happy it might bite YOU in court. Why not focus on the cars that dont stop or drive without looking for LAW abiding motorcycle riders. You are an embarrassment to the badge. If you really have one.
chuck

Sheridan, AR

#12 May 29, 2008
WE LOST A RIDER TODAY.@# 1 TO ALL THOSE THAT RIDE USE YOUR HIGH BEAMS DURING THE DAY IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
vetpopo

Myrtle Beach, SC

#13 May 29, 2008
Rookies tend to be badge heavy, but trust me you will learn the hard way, if you continue with that attitude. FNG
underhay

Lugoff, SC

#15 May 29, 2008
MyLife wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Someone track this guys IP address! He's stated clearly that he intends to violate our rights. Nice to know cops are trustworthy...
especially now that so many of our law enforcement agencies have such glowing reputations. remind me... did he state whether he was Richland County? City of Columbia? State??

“Who P@@ed in Your Conflakes?”

Since: May 08

Cornholio Iowa

#16 May 29, 2008
MyLife wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Someone track this guys IP address! He's stated clearly that he intends to violate our rights. Nice to know cops are trustworthy...
I don't think he's a cop. He sounds like someone who wants to be a cop, but failed the psych part in training. He's just another Wannabe.

Good idea about tracing the IP address. Impersonating a LEO is against the law. It won't happen though: freedom of speech, and all that.
Be here

Lexington, SC

#17 May 30, 2008
chuck wrote:
WE LOST A RIDER TODAY.@# 1 TO ALL THOSE THAT RIDE USE YOUR HIGH BEAMS DURING THE DAY IT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
However there is a law against having your high beams on when there is on coming traffic

Also the news as failed to say when the red light law will go into effect.
Badge Number

Laurinburg, NC

#18 May 30, 2008
law and order wrote:
I will ALWAYS support our LEOs and their actions, but when you come on here spouting that kind of police state mentality and drivel, it makes it really hard to want to.

Perhaps since you want to play the big bad cop, you can post your name, badge #, and agency here, so we can ask your superiors what their take is on your opinion and decision to not uphold the laws you were sworn to uphold (if you're a real cop of course),
SC Trooper

United States

#19 May 30, 2008
law and order wrote:
I have seen them jobless for less than that.
If its a passed law,you have NO discretion to ticket anyone unless "you" clock the time given which is two minutes.
FastFred

Charleston, SC

#20 May 30, 2008
The law does not allow running red lights. Rather the law allows a motorcyclist to treat a red light at the site of a defective traffic signal device as a Stop Sign.
In Cola

Northbrook, IL

#21 May 30, 2008
When you go on through that red light and get smacked by a car going legally through his/her green light you can go crying to our idiot governor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycle Accidents Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motorcycle accident commack long island new york Sep '14 norton123 1
Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pankaj Parekh 1
Missouri Motorcycle Helmet Law Repealed (Mar '09) May '14 Will I Am 62
Motorcyclist dies after hitting elk in Mesa County (Jul '13) Apr '14 Nelsonr 2
BUY false passports, buy the card ID FAKE, FAKE... (Dec '12) Apr '14 CJB 6
Chasing a big city dream comes with big bills (Jul '07) Mar '14 Lina 2
Chasing a big city dream comes with big bills (Jun '07) Mar '14 Corrie 2
More from around the web