CCS/USGPRU Racer Alex Lyskawa Killed ...

CCS/USGPRU Racer Alex Lyskawa Killed In Crash At Summit Point Raceway

There are 110 comments on the Roadracing World story from May 26, 2008, titled CCS/USGPRU Racer Alex Lyskawa Killed In Crash At Summit Point Raceway. In it, Roadracing World reports that:

From a press release issued by CCS/ASRA: Championship Cup Series Mourns the Passing of Alex Lyskawa Summit Point, WV - Championship Cups Series regrettably announces today the passing of Alex Lyskawa, age 13 of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roadracing World.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bill Kohler

Frederick, MD

#1 May 26, 2008
I am an editor at a newspaper in Hagerstown, Md., which covers this area of West Virginia. How odd is this that a 13-year-old is racing motorcycles? Also, how can I find out about the number of fatal collisions at Summit Point? Is there any reference that tracks this? Thanks
Matt Ongsiako

Londonderry, NH

#2 May 26, 2008
I know this kid, I go to his school, out whole school is in mourning, I even contacted Nicky Hayden because Alex's dream was to meet him

This is just horrible what happened =[
Michael Ferguson

Mesquite, TX

#3 May 26, 2008
Its actually not so odd that a 13 old kid is racing. Children younger then this are racing dirt bikes and flat track bikes for years. Road racing has been an older guys sport, yet Nicky Hayden and his brother Tommy were busted for "under age" racing in their earlier years. The 3 Hayden brothers are all alive and well after many years of road racing.

Point being, don't lose site of the fact that although it is tragic that a young man died racing today, he was there on his own free will, and was chasing a dream he wanted to chase.

Is the sport dangerous, yes it can be. However so can living in the wrong part of NYC or LA and wearing the wrong clothes.

Statiscally, how many kids died under the age of 15 this week from gunshots? Drug overdose? Car accidents related to underage drinking?
Luke

Hudson, NH

#4 May 26, 2008
I also attend Alex's school and our whole school is in shock nothing has happened like this before. I was on his lacrosse team this year and it was scary seeing him at practice wednesday and now knowing that i will never again.

Best wishes Alex! We miss you!
-Luke
nnn

Windham, NH

#5 May 26, 2008
i send prayers and condolences to his family
Kaitlyn Peters

Londonderry, NH

#6 May 26, 2008
It's not odd for a 13 year old kid to race motorcycles, considering he was extremely talented. I went to summer camp with him and his two younger siblings for many years, it's hard to think that he's gone..for good.
My friend TJ showed up at my house no more than thirty minutes ago balling his eyes out, he lost his best friend.

rest in peace alex, you're on everyones minds.
Rebecca

Brighton, MA

#7 May 26, 2008
I just found out a few minutes ago...he goes to my school. I don't really know him that well but he was friends with my sister. My prayers go out to the Lyskawa family abd all of his friends. We will miss you Alex...God bless you.
Angela

Sabattus, ME

#8 May 26, 2008
its not odd for a 13 year old to race motorcycles. i went to his school, and on my bus. i didnt really know him too well but he seemed really nice. rest in peace alex, you will never be forgotten.
Ben

Amherst, NH

#9 May 26, 2008
Alex-
I will miss you soo much
we could never go by each other in the hallway without one of us making a joke or makin fun of the other
you and jon were like my best 7th grade friends
school is going to be so different without you
no more laughs
no more of our sweet handshake between us
i dont know how or why this happened to you but i will always be thinking about you aslong as i live
remember the time when we made up all those funny words and started screaming them at other people and they didnt know wat we were talking about
man, we had some good times
i will miss you alex
and to all of alexs family reading this, i know wat it is like to lose a family member and i am so sorry this happened to alex... my prayers are with you and wit alex
i will mis you kid
R.I.P
P.S. You my flargbucket man
Greg

Windham, NH

#10 May 26, 2008
Alex was a great kid and an excellent lacrosse player, i will miss him in person and his presence on the lacrosse field. I hate to see Alex leave this way but at least he left us doing something he loved and was committed to. My prayers and condolences are with his family. we will miss you :(
abc

Nashua, NH

#11 May 26, 2008
ah..at least he died doing what he loved. RIP man.
Debbie Lewis

Hudson, NH

#12 May 26, 2008
Our sincerest condolences to the Lyskawa family. Your son was a great kid and an amazing athlete, we share your loss in this tragedy...
:(
Tori

Hudson, NH

#13 May 26, 2008
Alex

I've known you since kindergarten. You were always the kid in the back of the classroom making jokes and making the day a good one. Our whole school is in tears, i hope you know you were loved. We miss you!

To Alex's family,
I am sorry for your loss. Alex was a great person always making everyone happy.
Isaac

Merrimack, NH

#14 May 26, 2008
We'll miss you, Alex.
Little Big Racing

Darien, WI

#15 May 26, 2008
My sincere sympathy to Alex's family and friends. I road raced for many years and now train kids in the art. My boys, my riders, are Alex's age. They share the dream that Alex had and the joy of racing. Injury and death are a part of racing but when it strikes such a young life it is difficult to handle. I love my boys and the possiblity of seeing them hurt or killed is honestly hard to imagine. My boys practiced today and rode hard. I see their smiling faces and see the positive value and impact of racing in their lives. For those of us that race, there is no other path. The tragedy today; the loss of Alex, scares and saddens me more than I can explain but my boys will ride and race. We didn't know Alex but his number will be on our bikes this season as a memorial and reminder. My boys and I will remember and honor him.
cam L

Windham, NH

#16 May 26, 2008
I've known alex since the 4th grade on my basketball team. He was a great friend and funny kid. Even though he left our school I still felt close to him. I feel so sorry for him.
Maverick Chapdelaine

Belfast, ME

#17 May 26, 2008
Ill miss u soo much Alex u were my best friend ill always remember us being retarted and attempting to fight eachother or flipping our kyaks great fun man everyone well miss u and u will always be remembered as an all around good kid! pce out
Dylan Howes

Derry, NH

#18 May 26, 2008
Alex was one of the best lacrosse players i have ever had the honor of being on the field with. I didn't know him for long, though I will not soon forget him. He was not only a phenomenal attack player, but a good friend and respectable individual. His memory will live on forever in the hearts of all of us Lancers, and I give my most sincere condolences to his friends and family.

We will all miss you Alex, rest in peace,
Dylan.
alexa

Gloucester, MA

#19 May 26, 2008
wow, i knew alex for a little while but i never thought i would never see him again. best wishes to his family, it will be very hard on all of us.
Sara

Nashua, NH

#20 May 26, 2008
Alex was a great kid. He is already missed so much. R.I.P. Alex

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News He's ridden the same Honda Gold Wing for a mill... Tue oldgoldrider 1
News Rocket III (May '16) Tue TShull 2
News A Review of the Yamaha Royal Star Venture Motor... (Jun '08) Sep 9 flyinamos 52
News Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Aug 30 Frank 276
News Biker angered at huge repair bill after Harley ... (Sep '09) Aug 26 Sparkette002 66
News Motorcycle event continues to come together (Apr '12) Aug 22 IknowWhoUAre 23
News Wetzelland returning last weekend of July Aug 22 Harleybird 31
More from around the web