Peugeot's 3-wheel hybrid scooter concept puts a roof over your head

Oct 15, 2008 Full story: www.gizmag.com

Peugeot's HYmotion3 compressor concept vehicle is an original mix of previously seen design elements - a semi-enclosed shell akin to BMW's C1 or the Benelli Adiva and the carving 3-wheel layout of Piaggio's MP3 ...

Full Story
Annie

Gainesville, GA

#1 Oct 16, 2008
Can't read full story because any attempt to go to gizmag.com causes me to crash,

“Vesparazzi Scooter Club”

Since: Jul 07

Slidell, LA

#2 Oct 16, 2008
October 15, 2008 It's not a car and it's not quite a scooter. Peugeot's HYmotion3 compressor concept vehicle is an original mix of previously seen design elements - a semi-enclosed shell akin to BMW's C1 or the Benelli Adiva and the carving 3-wheel layout of Piaggio's MP3 - with hybrid drivetrain technology added to produce a 2-person vehicle that promises low CO2 emissions Green-Business-Travel as well as greater safety and weather protection than conventional scooters.

The Concept, which brought together designers from both Peugeot's motorcycle and automobile departments, uses the 15kW (20 BHP) supercharged petrol engine from the Satelis scooter along with a 3kW electric motor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motor in each of the front wheels to provide a maximum output of 21 kW (29 bhp). This means it not only offers the stability (which we can attest to) of the 3-wheel layout but also 3-wheel drive traction.

Works fine for me.
michaels84022

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Oct 23, 2012
I love technology! My brother worked recently in a smart building that had a network of web sensors and it was facinating to see how everything interconnected. Keep up the posts, I love reading about this! http://www.eesensors.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda builds its 300 millionth motorcycle Wed Keith 1
Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Nov 18 Tony D 233
Cheney touts economy, Patriot Act during Missou... (Jan '06) Nov 12 Dave 4
Harley-Davidson Open House Day in Bahrain invit... Nov 5 MOMIN ANSARI 3
a Mercedes-AMG Just Snagged A Stake In Motorcyc... Nov 3 JW McCanliss 1
Motorcycle helmet law may be repealed (Apr '07) Nov 1 CSmyre64 39
Kokua Line: Vehicle must be qualified to sport ... Oct 31 Joe Balls 1

Motorcycles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE