Harley-Davidson CEO got $6.4M pay package in 2010

Full story: The York Daily Record

Harley-Davidson Inc. CEO Keith Wandell received compensation valued at $6.4 million in 2010, up 1 percent from 2009, when the executive spent only eight months on the job.
Comments
61 - 67 of 67 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: May 11

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Judged:

He deserved it.
Good for him
igotmoredegreest hanyou

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

Say no to baby Factories wrote:
RU,
Do not break your arm patting yourself on the back. How could the union employees possibly increase the brand value? They are nothing but nut and bolt turners. If you want to point to someone that made them better, look to the college educated engineers that designed and set up the lines to produce the product. Any trained ape can put bolt "A" in hole "B". These union folks crack me up with their inflated sense of self worth. They can and have been replaced by very low paid people with no loss of production, what does that tell you? It tells me your "union" was as worthless as a fart in a windstorm.
no loss of production, maybe
loss of quality - absolutely
no one gives a damn about the product anymore and it will show on the bottom line sooner or later
but by then Wandell will be long gone, and those union guys might just be able to clean up the mess he'll leave behind
Give Chance a Piece

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2011

Harley..What a joke.
Say no to baby Factories

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Yeah, I just bought a bike. For what a new harley would have cost, I got a much beter quality bike with much more trim.

The one minus is that I will have to recoat my drivweway because I will not have a harley leaking oil to do it for me.
been there done that

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Say no to baby Factories wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were the individual responsible for turning around a company as big as Harley, you would deserve the money. Being that you are a fry cook at McDonalds, you deserve nothing.
you are nuts he did nothing to turn that company around check with the sec and see how many bikes were built during this process all these profits are from Harley Davidson an American icon raping the American worker at the hands of Wandell and the rest of the board another great example of corporate greed and by the way his base salary is around 900,000 a year you can never justify to me a 5 million dollar bonus at the expense of other peoples lives being destroyed again ruin 3000 peoples lives that were full time employees and then hire temps use them up and spit them out again screwing the American worker American icon I think not
been there done that

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Judged:

Downtown Resident wrote:
Mr Tierney, he didn't get a $200mil swing by giving union workers extra benefits and overtime. He did it by trimming the fat, getting rid of dead weight, breaking down the unions and making the manufacturing process more efficient. Do you know for a fact there weren't bonuses handed out? That raises weren't provided to those who proved their worth to the company? That temporarily layed off and furloughed employees weren't brought back? Maybe you were one of them, maybe you're a sore union employee who banked on the fact that you would be saved by big brother and you weren't. I dont know, but I know this, that man made that kindof money because he did his job and he saved a company, if you were in a position to do the same you would expect to be compensated for it just as he was.
you have no idea what your talking about check your facts before you open your mouth because it makes you look like an ass he did nothing to streamline production what he did do was cause quality issues by taking jobs and putting unqualified employees in them no one knows how to make their job more efficient than the people doing the job not only that there is more overtime than ever in the York facility yes I know for a fact there were no raises for the hourly people and there wont be for seven years with inflation rising about 4 percent a year that makes those employees 28 percent poorer by the end of that contract corporate greed and they do not care how many lives they destroy in the process
Happy Camper

Kenova, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Anybody dumb enough to buy an overpriced noise making vibrator that wont make it down the road deserves to read about the CEO making boocoo bucks while your harley is in the shop.....STUPID!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motor Mayhem Aug 18 Hey 4
2015 Honda CBR300R: MD First Ride Aug 14 walkerwilliam91 1
The Other "Captain America" Rides a Harley (Sep '10) Aug 11 Shodamabee 2
Harley returns Road Glide to product lineup Aug 2 Kevin Vincent 1
Find out what Mac Marcoux finds 'really inspiring' Jul 31 Searchmont 1
Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Jul 29 kevin 227
Who want to travel around China by driving moto... Jul 29 Lueng 1

Search the Motorcycles Forum:
•••