Question of the Day: Should Michigan ...

Question of the Day: Should Michigan repeal its motorcycle helmet law?

There are 4 comments on the MLive.com story from Feb 26, 2012, titled Question of the Day: Should Michigan repeal its motorcycle helmet law?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

A motorcycle rider puts on his helmet as he prepares to leave the state Capitol after an anti-helmet rally in 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Berncell Snelling

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 26, 2012
Michigan needs to join neighboring states that do not require helmets for motorcyclists. I'm from Minnesota where we don't have this law. I don't need anyone to save me from myself.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 27, 2012
In Maryland we have a helmet law, and after it went into effect, the DEATH rate per accident INCREASED.

Helmet laws decrease ridership, it is that simple, less people injuried or killed becasue less people are riding. Percentage wise, it is a wash, helmet laws are simply inefffective.
The laws do not save lives, a bunch of garbage.

Helmet laws are bad for the economy, especially state budgets who get a lot of money from taxes and fees.
Very bad for the recreation and vacation economy.
Let those who ride decide.
Celt

United States

#3 Mar 24, 2012
You bat we should repeal that silly law!! All the talk about insurance rates going up is a scam by the insurance companies!! You have a car pull out in front of you at 55MPH and a helmet isnt going to help you.
I agree the helmet law is bad for economy. Especially the bike industry. More folks would come here on bike for tourism from other states if that ridicuouls law was not in effect for one....
Brad Sauve

Midland, MI

#4 Mar 24, 2012
I think we should require all drivers (car and truck) to wear helmets in Michigan, so that we are all safer and don't lose one more precious life. Tourism would surely plummet and then finally people might realize what a pain it is to have these heavy sweat boxes on our heads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rough Crafts x MV Agusta: Ballistic Trident 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 4
Flairings Dec 1 EL1ZE G1NGER1CH 2
News Tight and Tidy: A V7 Scrambler from BAAK Motorc... Dec 1 EL1ZE G1NGER1CH 1
News The New BMW Concept Thinks Motorcyclists Should... Nov 29 Baxtre 1
some bike related machining Nov '16 Andybaby 1
News 2017 Suzuki GSX-R250 shown in China - 25 hp, 23 Nm Oct '16 fidelity 1
News Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Oct '16 Kellie B Furry 271
More from around the web